SEOPS H

Re: SOC I

Post by a_c_m »

New Boston Glenwood!

-varsity-
JV Team

Post by -varsity- »

I agree with a_c_m on this one. The Lady Tigers return a ton of experience and I will be there to root them on every step of the way! GO LADY TIGERS!

Da Voice
Waterboy

Post by Da Voice »

Clay Panthers...

CharlieHustle
All Conference

Post by CharlieHustle »

Im sorry to all the Panthers but this year looks like another successful season for the Glenwood Lady Tigers. They're gonna get their fourth SOC Title in a row. They just have too much talent and experience. The Panthers may be able to get a 3rd or 4th place trophy this year. The Lady Tigers biggest competition this year will be the Eastern Eagles.

the_spectator
Waterboy

Post by the_spectator »

the panthers definately have a shot at the SOC title this year

a_c_m
SEOPS H

Post by a_c_m »

the_spectator wrote:the panthers definately have a shot at the SOC title this year

The Lady Panthers have had a shot at the title for the last few years and have not been able to pull it out.

-varsity-
JV Team

Post by -varsity- »

The SOC will once again be dominated by the Lady Tigers. They have a ton of talent and experience. All the girls on the roster have had a decent amount of playing time on the varsity level and will be ready to take on all the other girls in the league. In my mind I think that East will pose a big threat to the Tigers along with the Eagles of Eastern. Missy Buckley and Alyssa Raines will be the dynamic duo for the Tigers! Missy outside handling the ball and Alyssa scooping up every rebound under the rim. It should be very excited this year in the SOC I

Good luck to all!

sports_fan2010
Waterboy

Re: SOC1 09-2010 Predictions and thoughts

Post by sports_fan2010 »

I think it will be out of Western, New Boston && Clay!! But Good Luck to all the Teams!!

sports_fan2009
Waterboy

Post by sports_fan2009 »

I think New Boston will win SOC again!

mangywulf
Waterboy

Post by mangywulf »

did New Boston have all the team at Jackson for summer league ? If so I gotta go with Clay or Western

a_c_m
SEOPS H

Post by a_c_m »

mangywulf wrote:did New Boston have all the team at Jackson for summer league ? If so I gotta go with Clay or Western

It doesn't matter if they had their entire team at Jackson or not. New Boston Tigers are champs until someone takes it away. If the Panthers or Indians or anyone in the league wins the Championship..........I'll be the first to Congratulate them! Good Luck to all the teams!
Last edited by a_c_m on Wed Oct 28, 2009 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Eaglesnest
All State

Post by Eaglesnest »

I think Eastern will have the 2 best athletes in the SOC 1 with Staker and Rowe. If the team plays together and moves the ball (which was not done last season the 2 games I seen) they should tear it up this season.

I believe Clay lost there leading scorer from last year.

New Boston lost Wiley. Enough said.

This year the SOC will be wide open and can be won by several teams.

Good luck to all.

-varsity-
JV Team

Post by -varsity- »

Yes, New Boston lost Wiley and she was a very valuable player to Coach Estep and the Lady Tigers. But I think you need to take a second look at the reply I posted on here. It should educate you about the Lady Tigers/3 consectutive SOC Champs!

Eaglesnest
All State

Post by Eaglesnest »

-varsity- wrote:Yes, New Boston lost Wiley and she was a very valuable player to Coach Estep and the Lady Tigers. But I think you need to take a second look at the reply I posted on here. It should educate you about the Lady Tigers/3 consectutive SOC Champs!

I am aware of the run that New Boston has been on. I seen the Tigers several times the last several years. Wiley was the engine that made it all go. The big girl inside is a strong rebounder, but nobody else on that team did enough for me to remember them.

The SOC1 is anyone's race and I think the Tigers have seen better days.....

lights_out
Waterboy

Post by lights_out »

Anybody heard anything bout those Green lady Bobcats

-varsity-
JV Team

Post by -varsity- »

Well, all I can say is we will just have to wait and see.

sayitlikeyoumeanit
Waterboy

Post by sayitlikeyoumeanit »

I think everyone is over looking Eastern. They have all of their talent back from last year, plus a couple more. They had several very close games last year, but couldn't quite pull them out. I'm not saying the Eagles will win SOC, but they have a very good chance if they step it up from last season. There will be some good games in the league this year, the title could go to anyone. Can't wait to watch them!! : )

-varsity-
JV Team

Post by -varsity- »

I cant wait to watch every game. I hope this season is going to be competitive and all of the teams on the top of the division have to fight for the league title.

Good Luck to all the girls this year! :-D

jumparound
Freshman Team

Post by jumparound »

I agree with sayitlikeyoumeanit...........Eastern will be strong contenders this year...(Jr.) Staker, (Jr.) Rowe, (Sr.) Howell, (returning from acl last year.......by her vball performance, it hasn't slowed her down any) (Jr.) Fitch, (Fr.) Brown, (Fr.) Day, (Fr.) Mounts, (Fr.) Evans

Seems like I am leaving a few off but these are some key players that come to mind

Return to “Girls Basketball”