Wendy's Ohio River Classic @ Marietta College

Swampfox
Freshman Team

Wendy's Ohio River Classic @ Marietta College

Post by Swampfox »

The Alexander Hoops Committee is holding the Wendy’s Ohio River Classic on the campus of Marietta College on January 2,2010. The event will feature three girls and four boys games beginning at 9:30 am. Below is a the event schedule:
9:30 Girls Marietta vs Federal Hocking
11:15 Boys Paden City vs Waterford
1:00 Girls River View vs Waterford
2:45 Boys Bishop Rosecrans vs Marietta
4:30 Girls Alexander vs Parkersburg South
6:15 Boys St. Clairsville vs Parkersburg South
8:00 Boys Parkersburg Catholic vs Frontier
Advance tickets are available at the participating schools for $5.00. Tickets at the door will $7.00 for adults and $5.00 for students. Tickets will be good for all day. If you leave and plan to return, please have your hand stamped.

G&B from huddle
JV Team

Re: Wendy's Ohio River Classic @ Marietta College

Post by G&B from huddle »

I attended Marietta College 2002-06 and while there they built the new facility the gym is housed in. If you get their early or are going to leave and return take a while to take a walk around and check out the facilty it is really nice and a 1000% increase from what was perviously there.
Looks like a good set of games at Fenton Court to kick off 2010.

athens78
All State

Post by athens78 »

bump

athens78
All State

Post by athens78 »

Bump

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

ANY RESULTS FROM THSE CONTESTS?

TigerPaw22
Riding the Bench

Post by TigerPaw22 »

Not sure of final scores but Waterford girls wi big against Riverview.Marietta boys lose to a young Rosecrans team.Parkersburg South girls beat astingy Alexander team.Marietta girls beat Federal Hocking in the opening match-up of the Classic.Ifyou are a hoops fan ,a great day to watch at Dyson-Baudo.Hats off to Alexander staff for agreat day.Lady Tiger fansshow your support for the girls at home Tuesday night in a rematch against cross-town rival SOUTH. How about ALL Tiger fans wear BLACK and have a BLACKOUT.Come on student body lets rock Sutton Gym on Tuesday night.Go Lady Tigers!

athens78
All State

Post by athens78 »

Can someone from Alexander post final scores for the games.

ervbaseball13
Riding the Bench

Post by ervbaseball13 »

I don't know how much this will help but I'll try. Most of the games were blowouts. Waterford girls won big somewhere 40+ leaving their starters in and keep the full court press on on in the fourth. Fed. Hock. girls lost to Marietta by 40+. Zanesville Rosecranes won big over Marietta boys. Halftime was 43-13 and Marietta did get it back to 18 in the 3rd while Z.R. went almost the whole quarter without scoring but regrouped and won by 30. The two better games was Alex and Parkersburg South. Alex played really bad for the first half and most of the 3rd. I think the half time score was 34-14. South lead as much as 25. The Alex girls showed alot of heart and got it down to 5 with a lot of hustle and excellent D. I think they ended up losing 59-50 in a game that looked like it would follow suit with the other games and ended up being a really exciting game. The game of the night was the St. Clairsville and Parkersburg South boys. I think both teams were undefeated and at the start it looked like South was gonna run away with it but St. C. batlled back lead by a lefty freshman that ended up with 31. Very exciting game that was tied at the end of regulation. South ended up winning 67-61 i think. A former Lancer played for South that was awsome to watch. He was a 6-8 that could shoot the 3, some said he played PG. He was the turning point in the OT win with a monster dunk over 2 St.C. guys. He got the ball at the 3pt line and when he got to the foul line everyone knew what he was gonna do.Awsome game to watch and a great way to help put it away with the dunk. Don't know what happened with the last game sorry so I hope that helps some.

91raider97bobcat
JV Team

Post by 91raider97bobcat »

9:30 Girls Marietta vs Federal Hocking--Marietta 77, Fed Hock 44
11:15 Boys Paden City vs Waterford--Waterford 56, Paden City 42
1:00 Girls River View vs Waterford--Waterford 63, River View 28
2:45 Boys Bishop Rosecrans vs Marietta--Rosecrans 65, Marietta 38
4:30 Girls Alexander vs Parkersburg South--South 58, Alexander 49
6:15 Boys St. Clairsville vs Parkersburg South--South 68, St. Clairsville 61 (OT)
8:00 Boys Parkersburg Catholic vs Frontier--Catholic 59, Frontier 44

Swampfox
Freshman Team

Post by Swampfox »

The Alexander Hoops Committee would like to thank the following high schools and their fans for braving the cold to attend the Wendy’s Ohio River Classic on Saturday: Bishop Rosecrans,Federal Hocking,Frontier,Marietta, Paden City,Parkersburg Catholic, Parkersburg South, River View,St. Clairsville, Waterford and host Alexander. The teams provided a full day of excitement. We would also like to thank Wendy’s , our event sponsor and Marietta College for their great hospitality and beautiful venue that created a fantastic atmosphere. WMOA (ESPN radio) and Marietta Daily times were very instrumental in promoting the event and WTAP for filming and airing the event on their sports show. Finally, I personally would like to thank the workers that helped make this successful, Mike and Connie Sheets, Sandy Thomas (unbelievable hospitality suite) Steve Goodin running the pass gate and Jerry and Leah Crow for running the admissions gate. It takes a lot of behind the scenes time to pull an event like this off, but to see the games and the crowd makes it all worth while. Thanks again to everyone involved.

Return to “Girls Basketball”