Adams County McDonalds Tourney

boomer633
Varsity

Adams County McDonalds Tourney

Post by boomer633 »

Any thoughts on how this years tournament will play out? Monday's opener will have Manchester against North Adams. Tuesday will be Peebles against West Union. Monday's game should be pretty good and is a rematch of last years championship which was won by North Adams. Tuesdays game is a rematch of a game that was won handily by Peebles earlier in the season.

slamdunk
Varsity

Re: Adams County McDonalds Tourney

Post by slamdunk »

It should be a pretty good tournament with 3 of the 4 teams playing pretty well. I think North Adams would have to be considered the favorite, but you never know what will happen in a tournament in which the teams know each other so well.

Manchester has been playing pretty well so far this season. No offense intended, but I was not looking for a whole lot from them due to the unexpected changes in their coaching staff, but the Manchester ladies have stepped up and played well. Peebles has been playing pretty well at times too this season. Shaylin McDaniel and Emily Hoop seem to be playing very well for them. West Union has run into injury problems this year that has been devastating for them.

I look for it to be Peebles and North Adams in the Championship game on Jan. 2. Rematch of the Dec 17 game that saw North Adams come away with a hard fought 10 point win.

The JV holiday tournament will also get started on Monday at North Adams High School. North Adams will battle Manchester at 10 am and Peebles will battle West Union at approx. 1 pm. The JV boys will also play at 11:30 and 2:30. The Consolation and Championship JV games will take place on Tuesday at NAHS as well. The Girls Consolation will be at 10 am and Girls Championship game will be at approx. 1 pm.

I would love to see a North Adams v. Peebles rematch. Their game on Dec. 17 was a great one with Peebles winning by 3 in OT. North Adams though will have to focus on Manchester first as the Lady Greyhounds have had a pretty good season so far. It should be a exciting two days of basketball!

ty.stephens
Freshman Team

Post by ty.stephens »

homer pick or not but Peebles wins 3 of the 4 championships

slamdunk
Varsity

Post by slamdunk »

North Adams won the first game of the day at the JV level by beating Manchester 30 to 22. Peebles beat West Union by a lot, not sure of the final. So, it will be North Adams v. Peebles in the JV championship at 1 pm tomorrow.

slamdunk
Varsity

Post by slamdunk »

Well it was another rough night for the Lady Devils, but they pulled it out. Final was 61 to 49. Congrats to Manchester on a fine effort tonight, but in the end, the defense was just too much for Manchester to handle. This win puts North Adams in the finals on Saturday night to play the winner of the Peebles and West Union game tomorrow night.

On a side note, congratulations to Coach Dave Young and the Varsity boys for getting their first win of the season. Great job gentlemen on a great night!

boomer633
Varsity

Post by boomer633 »

PHSfan14 wrote:homer pick or not but Peebles wins 3 of the 4 championships

I'd favor them to sweep the boys side but I don't see them as a shoe in for the girls reserve game and certainly not the varsity girls. I see both girls games being hotly contested and I'm not sure but what the varsity boys game might not be closer than some think.

ty.stephens
Freshman Team

Post by ty.stephens »

I agree but just saying Peebles should win both boys games and hopefully get at least one of the girls championships. Thats why the game is played though

ty.stephens
Freshman Team

Post by ty.stephens »

Peebles wins both reserve championship games..GO INDIANS!!!

slamdunk
Varsity

Post by slamdunk »

The JV Lady Devils totally collapsed today at the end of the game. After playing so well in the first half, NA could not take care of the ball in the 2nd half. They threw the ball away time after time. Congrats to Peebles for the victory!

On a side note, please say a prayer for Haleigh White, sophomore guard for Peebles. She was injured in the 1st half of the game today. First word is that she may have blown her knee out. It is awful news as she blew out a knee last year. Haleigh is a great kid and I hope that she is okay.

slamdunk
Varsity

Post by slamdunk »

slamdunk wrote:On a side note, please say a prayer for Haleigh White, sophomore guard for Peebles. She was injured in the 1st half of the game today. First word is that she may have blown her knee out. It is awful news as she blew out a knee last year. Haleigh is a great kid and I hope that she is okay.

The prayers must have worked. Just got word that Haleigh did NOT blow out her knee. It was only badly bruised and she should be able to return sooner than later. Glad to hear this for her!

ty.stephens
Freshman Team

Post by ty.stephens »

Great reserve game today, just like the 1st matchup. Hats off to both teams

hoopin
Freshman Team

Post by hoopin »

I agree, who was the man that got kicked out during the championship girls game? Was sitting on the Peebles side.

ty.stephens
Freshman Team

Post by ty.stephens »

Not sure which game you were at but no one got kicked out at the game today.

boomer633
Varsity

Post by boomer633 »

Congratulations to Peebles on the wins. Congratulations to North Adams reserve as they gave a very good effort.

hoopin
Freshman Team

Post by hoopin »

I was at all the games. The bald ref did it.

ty.stephens
Freshman Team

Post by ty.stephens »

I watched Peebles (both girls and boys) and no one from peebles got thrown out

hoopin
Freshman Team

Post by hoopin »

I, along w/several other fans watched the one ref motion to the cop to remove a fan from the visitors section. Maybe he changed his mind and didn't make the guy leave after all.

shljunkie
Varsity

Post by shljunkie »

I think you may be mixed up on the sides hoopin. While no one got thrown out, the law enforcement was paying close attention to the Manchester mid section during the JV boys finals....they were getting quite rowdy.

hoopin
Freshman Team

Post by hoopin »

shljunkie wrote:I think you may be mixed up on the sides hoopin. While no one got thrown out, the law enforcement was paying close attention to the Manchester mid section during the JV boys finals....they were getting quite rowdy.

Ahh, that could be. We all saw the ref motion for the policeman and point to someone in the small side of the bleachers, could've been a Manchester fan. I just guessed it was Peebles since it was their section.

hoopin
Freshman Team

Post by hoopin »

North Adams v. Peebles round 2--who ya got?

I'll take NA by 12.

Return to “Girls Basketball”