Question to any Lady Oaks fan

Slim Jim
Varsity

Question to any Lady Oaks fan

Post by Slim Jim »

What's happened to Allysa Hammond at Marshall? Thanks!

MightyOaksFan
SE

Re: Question to any Lady Oaks fan

Post by MightyOaksFan »

Here is how she has done the past few years. I will give you stats from this year tomorrow.

http://herdzone.cstv.com/sports/w-baskb ... ssa00.html

Slim Jim
Varsity

Post by Slim Jim »

Thanks,But you must have missunderstood my question.Is she injured? Or some other problem? The last two games on tv that i've caught bits and pieces of she's no where to be found.

wemufans
All Conference

Post by wemufans »

The Herald Dispatch said she was academicaly ineligible for the rest of her senior season.

Slim Jim
Varsity

Post by Slim Jim »

Sorry to have to bring that to light.That's a real shame.She was very talented.Best of luck to her in her future!

MightyOaksFan
SE

Post by MightyOaksFan »

I have not heard that. I do know that she was in graduate school taking medical school classes. She is a very bright girl.

Slim Jim
Varsity

Post by Slim Jim »

I know,that whats so shocking about it.Hey,it's hard sometimes to balance school and sports at the college level.God knows she wont be the last person this happens too.

wemufans
All Conference

Post by wemufans »

Here's the article:
Hammond vital for UCF game preparation
January 08, 2010 @ 12:00 AM

GRANT TRAYLOR

The Herald-Dispatch

HUNTINGTON -- Alyssa Hammond has played her final game in a Marshall University women's basketball uniform.

But, that doesn't mean she is a smaller part of the team.

This week during practices Hammond, a senior whose season ended due to academic ineligibility, pulled double duty in preparation for a 7 p.m. Friday game against UCF in Cam Henderson Center.

"There is no rest anymore. These are my games," Hammond said. "I used to platoon in and out when we were preparing for an opponent. Now, I'm usually trying to act like the best player on the opposing team."

The problem for Hammond this week was that UCF, the reigning Conference USA champion, features several great players. She has assumed the roles of UCF forward Emma Cannon, the Conference USA Player of the Year, and 3-point sharpshooter Chelsie Wiley.

mhs95_06
S

Post by mhs95_06 »

What a shame to lose out on playing the last part of her last season! The knee injury must have messed up the timing of her dreams, causing her to want to play basketball when more time was necessary than she was able to give and keep up with the obvious rigors of medical school. I sure hope this didn't ruin her medical school dream also.

I know of college player that was taking nursing, and by the time it got to her juniour year, the time needed to keep up with school was so much that she gave up her scholarship to devote full time to school. It is a very difficult propossition to try to play a college varsity sport and keep up with a very tough curriculum.

Return to “Girls Basketball”