Reedsville Eastern's Kasey Turley Gets 1,000th Career Point!

gh123
JV Team

Reedsville Eastern's Kasey Turley Gets 1,000th Career Point!

Post by gh123 »

She is the 6th Lady Eagle to ever reach that mark! Here is the link to the article in the daily sentinel:

http://mydailysentinel.com/view/full_st ... eft_column

Congrats, Kasey! And Goooo Lady Eagles!
Last edited by gh123 on Sat Jan 23, 2010 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pol pot
SE

Re: Reedsville Eastern's Kasey Turley Gets 1,000th Career Point!

Post by Pol pot »

How do you count this? She has not scored 1,000 points at Eastern. (I am not knocking transfers, or taking away from her). She has scored 1,000 however should she be listed in Eastern's book?

gh123
JV Team

Post by gh123 »

IMHO, Yes. She has done it at two schools which I think is even more impressive than at just one. Shows just how much of a force she truly is. Eastern stopped the game and celebrated, so I'm sure her name will be on that banner in "THE NEST"

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

Pol Pot wrote:How do you count this? She has not scored 1,000 points at Eastern. (I am not knocking transfers, or taking away from her). She has scored 1,000 however should she be listed in Eastern's book?

Well, obviously, the school officials made a decision that as a two year member of their BB program, she is deserving. Good for Kasey, she deserves it. She's a really nice person and a very good basketball player. I am very happy for her, as is the rest of my family.

Don't know where you have earned a "right" to decide whether she "deserved" to be listed in Eastern's record book?!?! Much less question it.

Congrats Kasey! We are all proud of your accomplishments from the Fed Hock family.

gh123
JV Team

Post by gh123 »

I'm right there with you, Steely. She is VERY deserving. Good to hear of this good news in the TVC in the midst of the classless acts from Waterford last night.

One Time One Chance
Waterboy

Post by One Time One Chance »

Congrats Kasey! Very good athlete and nice career she's had in all three sports.

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

gh123 wrote:I'm right there with you, Steely. She is VERY deserving. Good to hear of this good news in the TVC in the midst of the classless acts from Waterford last night.

It is divisive acts like last nights Waterford/Southern game that draw true high school fans/supporters closer together and make the rest of us cheer and support our girls. PERIOD! I've known Kasey for quite awhile and she is friend with my kids, and all of my family is friends with her mother.

Friendly rivalry with her and Eastern? Yes! Friends and supporters of each other, all the time? You bet!

Our girls hated to lose to Eastern the other night, but they knew that they played their best, and Eastern did as well. No complaints.

The girls will "lace 'em up" and do it again, and hopefully the best team will win. That is what HS athletics is all about.........

Fan-o-Southern
Varsity

Post by Fan-o-Southern »

What were the classless acts @ Waterford?

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

Steely Dan wrote:
Pol Pot wrote:How do you count this? She has not scored 1,000 points at Eastern. (I am not knocking transfers, or taking away from her). She has scored 1,000 however should she be listed in Eastern's book?

Well, obviously, the school officials made a decision that as a two year member of their BB program, she is deserving. Good for Kasey, she deserves it. She's a really nice person and a very good basketball player. I am very happy for her, as is the rest of my family.

Don't know where you have earned a "right" to decide whether she "deserved" to be listed in Eastern's record book?!?! Much less question it.

Congrats Kasey! We are all proud of your accomplishments from the Fed Hock family.

I knew someone would take this as a slam, it is NOT!!!! She scored 1,000 points as a basketball player a great accomplishment, however she did not score 1,000 point at Eastern. Meaning she is truely not a 1,000 point scorer in Easterns books. No matter how you count the points. If Eastern would count her as a 1,000 point scorer than Eastern girls basketball would acknowledge more points in Eagles history than was actually scored.

There are many examples of this, Bob Huggins is first that comes to mind, he scored 2,000 points in his High School Career, however he is not recognized as a 2,000 point scorer from any one school. Instead he is a member of two different schools 1,000 point club.

I know Ms. Turley and think she is a great competitor, all I was asking is how can a school list her as one of "its" 1,000 points members when she did not score 1,000 points at that school. To look at it another way, say the all-time Eastern record was 1,060 points. If she scored 1,062 points in her High School Career but only 650 at Eastern, is she Easterns all-time leading scorer?

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

Steely Dan wrote:

If you would read my post, both of them and the question I asked, I never imply that I have the right to do anything, I merely ask a question. Not a mean spirited question, not one to demean anyone question, just a simple question.

Let me try to put this into another context, if you play for the Florida Marlins and hit 30 home runs and are traded at the All-Star break to the Reds, while a Red you hit 23 more homeruns to give you a single season total of 53. Are you the Reds Single season Home Run King when you only hit 23 as a Red and George Foster hit 52.

gh123
JV Team

Post by gh123 »

Honestly, PolPot...How about you just congratulate Kasey, and leave it at that. This isn't a thread for open discussion about whether she will be in Easterns record books.. Its a thread to recognize a HUGE accomplishment by a phenominal athlete and a great young person.

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

While I understand Pol Pot's points for the sake of argument on here, I'm not going to split hairs over this. School's decision to honor a personal accomplishment, which I'm sure we would all be fine with if it were our daughter getting the honor.

Congrat's to Kasey!

classof86
All State

Post by classof86 »

Put her on the banner, congrats Kasey

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

Where did I NOT congradulate Kasey? WHERE????? I asked a simple question, a couple simple Questions, WHICH by the way NO has answered and I am demeaning a kid? Grow up! Read the post! I congratulated Kasey, she is a good kid, a good athlete, and has had a good career.

And Steeley this is an OPEN forum!

gh123
JV Team

Post by gh123 »

You're not demeaning, you're just taking away from it with your stupid questions that are irrelevant. Obviously, Eastern celebrated her 1,000th so no one cares about what stupid questions you are asking. This isn't MLB and no one cares what you think. It's done, so just drop it. Its a shame how a thread about a players achievement has to have someone put a big fat, "..but" in there. So--drop it.

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

Did I NOT say congrats? And Eastern should stop the game and reconize her contributions. MY Question is should they count for the SCHOOL record books her four year total of points? If you want to get nasty on this thread I can take it where you don't want to see it!

j9racing
Freshman Team

Post by j9racing »

classof86 wrote:Put her on the banner, congrats Kasey

I agree put her on the banner, congrats Kasey

love-vdub
Freshman Team

Post by love-vdub »

Congrats! :aaaaa56

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

I agree with Pol Pot. It should be separated as she accumulated those points at 2 different schools but in today's society where nothing is set in stone or rules in place everything is OK and fine as long as it's not illegal so let's acknowledge someone for something that didn't take place. The Huggins example above is correct. JMO

purpleandgold
Waterboy

Post by purpleandgold »

How nice it is to set here with my daughters and read the congratulations that people have given my oldest for her accomplishment of scoring 1000 points thus far in her high school career. Her and I both thank each one of you for taking the time to write your congrats. As we were just sitting here reading all the posts we have noticed the thread has somewhat changed to whether she should be listed in Eastern's record books. Im not going to argue this at all, but seriously who really cares? Let the child have her moment, instead of her being concerned with whether they are going to take her from the 1000 point club at Eastern. She enjoys the positive comments on here. By the way, my youngest said people are rude. lol!

Kasey's Mom

Return to “Girls Basketball”