Oak Hill vs. Eastern Brown- 2/25 District Semi Final

PinkLady
Waterboy

Oak Hill vs. Eastern Brown- 2/25 District Semi Final

Post by PinkLady »

The game is at Waverly's old gym and tip off is scheduled for 6:15. Go Lady Oaks!

Bucknut27
Varsity

Re: Oak Hill vs. Eastern Brown- 2/25 District Semi Final

Post by Bucknut27 »

Tell me about Eastern Brown this year?

Buckeye84
Freshman Team

Post by Buckeye84 »

Oak Hill was referred to as the "poor mans Regina" in one of the other threads! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I have not heard much on Eastern Brown this year, someone fill me in as well.

slamdunk
Varsity

Post by slamdunk »

Eastern is a solid team again this year. Of course, when you have a coach like Richard Kiser, you are going to excel. He does an outstanding job with his team! They are a pretty well rounded team, good defense and pretty good on the offensive end too. They have good post play and have guards that can knock it down from the 3 line. Do they have as much talent as Oak Hill? NO, who does! But Coach Kiser will have them ready for Oak Hill and will give them the best opportunity to come out with a win.

Best of luck to Eastern in this game!

Bucknut27
Varsity

Post by Bucknut27 »

slamdunk wrote:Eastern is a solid team again this year. Of course, when you have a coach like Richard Kiser, you are going to excel. He does an outstanding job with his team! They are a pretty well rounded team, good defense and pretty good on the offensive end too. They have good post play and have guards that can knock it down from the 3 line. Do they have as much talent as Oak Hill? NO, who does! But Coach Kiser will have them ready for Oak Hill and will give them the best opportunity to come out with a win.

Best of luck to Eastern in this game!

Sounds like a fine ball club and should be a great game.

One thing I know from experience is never count out a Kiser coached team. There is a reason he is one of the best ever.

1974Viking
Varsity

Post by 1974Viking »

PinkLady wrote:The game is at Waverly's old gym and tip off is scheduled for 6:15. Go Lady Oaks!

PinkLady. Could you tell me how to get to the old gym at Waverly? I went to one of the tourney game last year that was in front of their football field. Is that the same gym? Coming in from Chillicothe, South on 23. Thanks for the help and go Oaks

socfan
All Conference

Post by socfan »

Viking, The "old gym" is the one that you are referring to that is in front of the football field. This gym was part of the old HS that was torn down..The only thing that was left at the site is the gym and football field

Great job by Waverly to keep this gem of a High School Gym..There may be newer gyms in our area, but I don't think anybody can top the "downtown arena" of Waverly HS!!!

Looks like I will be seeing plenty of this gym in the coming week: tomorrow (Monday) night for our boys game v. PV; Thursday night for two good girls games; Friday for the (hopeful) matchup of Peebles and North Adams; Saturday for our district semi final game against Trimble and then Monday 3/1 for the last two of the girls district semi-final games.

Have to love tournament time!!

whythehale?
Riding the Bench

Post by whythehale? »

Good luck to both teams!

Are regionals at OU as well this year? or did I read the brackets wrong? :)

socfan
All Conference

Post by socfan »

The District Finals and both Regional Semi-finals and Finals will be held at the Convo this year!!!

OH_Moose72
Freshman Team

Post by OH_Moose72 »

Have to agree with socfan. The gym in downtown Waverly is a GREAT place to watch a game! Best of luck to the Lady Oaks!!

1974Viking
Varsity

Post by 1974Viking »

Thanks everyone for clearing the location site up for me. I thought that is it was a great place to watch a basketball game. This is my favorite time of the year...Non stop basketball almost every day of the week..got to love it. Good luck to both the Boys and Girls teams from all the schools.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

A tough draw for Oak Hill this early in the tourney!

2 great coaches an the 2 most successful programs over the past 12 years.

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

oaks by 49.

slamdunk
Varsity

Post by slamdunk »

Swanker Pine wrote:oaks by 49.

Wow! Bold prediction. I doubt that it will be that much! Coach Kiser will not allow it to get that far out of control. If Eastern would happen to pull off the upset, it would be by less than 5. If Oak Hill wins as many people believe they will, I say it will be between 15 and 20. I don't think it will be much more than that. I think this will be one of Oak Hill's toughest opponents in the whole tournament until the Final 4 (If Eastern doesn't win, hopefully my NA Lady Devils will give them a run for their money ;-) ).

soc2fan
Riding the Bench

Post by soc2fan »

who has eastern brown beaten and who has beaten them?

about the bb court
Waterboy

Post by about the bb court »

This may be a close one for a quarter or so but haven't seen anyone besides SP and Ironton that can keep up with Oaks pace of game. I say Lady Oaks by 18.

boomer633
Varsity

Post by boomer633 »

Eastern Brown will try to slow the game down. If they succeed they will have an good chance in this game. Not many teams have the size that Eastern Brown has. They have 2 girls over 6 ft tall who can score in the post. They also have no one player to key on as no player averages over 10 ppg but several average around 9 ppg. They have perimeter players who can knock down threes if the opposition chooses to collapse on the post. The other factor is that they have one of the best if not the best coach around. Coach Kiser will have them ready and I believe they will give Oak Hill a game.
The following link shows the games and scores.
http://www.c103.fm/eastern%20warriorsgi ... 02008.html

Ole_Cuzin_Funk
Freshman Team

Post by Ole_Cuzin_Funk »

boomer633 wrote:Eastern Brown will try to slow the game down. If they succeed they will have an good chance in this game. Not many teams have the size that Eastern Brown has. They have 2 girls over 6 ft tall who can score in the post. They also have no one player to key on as no player averages over 10 ppg but several average around 9 ppg. They have perimeter players who can knock down threes if the opposition chooses to collapse on the post. The other factor is that they have one of the best if not the best coach around. Coach Kiser will have them ready and I believe they will give Oak Hill a game.
The following link shows the games and scores.
http://www.c103.fm/eastern%20warriorsgi ... 02008.html

Just an opposing view point.
* Oak Hill has Coaching second to none
* Eastern Brown may want to slow the game down, but I don't think they will be able to accomplish that. With the speed of our defense I think we will be able to cause alot of turnovers. We can run you to death
* Oak Hill has plenty of players that need to be keyed on. But if you do , 7 others will step up.
* Our girls may not be 6ft plus, but we have showed time and time again we've got a strong post game. And our ladies are physical.
* As far as the 3 point game goes, Butler, Butler, Hale, Strite, Adkins, Caudill, and Puckett can all throw down the 3 ball.

With that being said, I hope for a safe, injury free game for all the ladies and expect that Coach Kiser will have E. Brown on their "A" game.

Lady Oaks by 13!!!! O......................................A..................................................

about the bb court
Waterboy

Post by about the bb court »

Well said Cuz. I know first had that all the ones mentioned can throw down the 3 ball repeatedly.

boomer633
Varsity

Post by boomer633 »

I don''t have a rooting interest in this game other than wishing for a fellow SHL team to do well. I do have the utmost respect for Coach Kiser and what he has accomplished over the years. 600 wins in over 30 years of coaching speaks for itself. I think he will have his team ready and doubt that Oak Hill throws anything at him that he has not seen before. Knowing what is coming and being able to handle it are two different things though. The tempo of the game will be important and the team that forces the tempo will in all likelihood win the game. I think Eastern has the advantage in the post. Christina Burns and Rachel Mullens are extremely difficult to push around and if they get the ball on the block I like their chance to score. Mullens has to stay out of foul trouble though. A fast paced, perimeter oriented game is going to favor Oak Hill.
I share Ole Cuzin Franks hope for a well played, injury free game. These are two very good teams, coached by very good coaches and should be a good one.

Return to “Girls Basketball”