Wheelersburg vs Zane Trace @ Waverly 6:15 District Semi

BURGBLITZ
Waterboy

Wheelersburg vs Zane Trace @ Waverly 6:15 District Semi

Post by BURGBLITZ »

Good luck lady pirates play hard and take care of the ball and you will win and advance to the convo

How awesome would it be to have both girls and boys playing there?

Go Pirates

soc2fan
Riding the Bench

Re: Wheelersburg vs Zane Trace @ Waverly 6:15 District Semi

Post by soc2fan »

Good luck Wheelersburg

Jughe@d
Riding the Bench

Post by Jughe@d »

Good luck to the Lady Pioneers. I'll be rooting for you!

caglewis
SEOP

Post by caglewis »

Is this game going to be broadcast?

Concessionlady
Freshman Team

Post by Concessionlady »

Anyone know if a radio station is going to broadcast this game between Burg & Zane Trace?

BURGBLITZ
Waterboy

Post by BURGBLITZ »

Double overtime

Concessionlady
Freshman Team

Post by Concessionlady »

Keep us posted burgblitz

BURGBLITZ
Waterboy

Post by BURGBLITZ »

Pirates fall short of the convo. Congrats ladies for a good season.

Final 59-51

alabama mike
SE

Post by alabama mike »

Nice little tournament run by the Pirates. Congrats and best of luck to all the Pirate seniors.

Black Panther
SEO

Post by Black Panther »

Congrats to the Lady Pirates on a fine effort tonight.The game was a lot closer than I anticipated.It was a good game to watch!

dimedrop4
All State

Post by dimedrop4 »

Congrats on a good season, Lady Pirates!!!

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

ZANE TRACE SCORING:
Roepke 20
Sigman 11
Tatman 9
Dailey 8
Wiget 6
Dunkle 5
Zane Trace was 16-32 from the line (missing 8 FT's in the two OT's)

WHEELERSBURG SCORING:
Bailey 17
Molly Knapp 16
Schmidt 9
Ruby 4
Katie Knapp 2
Turner 2
Barrick 1
Wheelersburg was 12-22 from the line

chillidog
Waterboy

Post by chillidog »

Another great battle with the SOC and SVC
good job ZT for taking down one of the best SOC teams

drrabbit
All State

Post by drrabbit »

While I love my Pirates, under no circustance would I call a team that finished, 9-11 on the season, and 5th or 6th in the league standings "one of the best SOC teams". The league has MUCH better--I can promise you. Try 22-0 Oak Hill or one of the other 4 SOC teams that beat them this season.

On paper, Zane Trace should have run Wheelersburg out of the Gym based on height alone. Wheelersburg has one player on their varsity roster at 5-8. Zane Trace has seven at 5-8 or above including two at 6-0 and one at 5-11.

Zane Trace's starting line up runs: 6-0, 5-11 (jumps at tip-off), 5-8, 5-8, 5-6. Their subs were 5-8 and 5-5.

Wheelersburg's starting line runs: 5-7, 5-7, 5-6 (jumps at tip-off), 5-5, 5-2. Their subs were 5-8, 5-7 and 5-3.

Congrats to the Pioneers on the win, good luck at the Convo.

Congratulations to the Pirates on a hard fought season! You have continuously improved. I enjoyed watching all the three seniors mature over the years and look forward to the next season with those returning. If the juniors, sophomores and freshmen get better at free throws, there is no telling how far you can go. THANKS for the hard work! It showed!

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

drrabbit, I was going to say the same thing but didn't want to sound like I was bashing Wheelersburg. chillidog must not know much about the SOC. ;-)
The lady Pirates should be much improved next year.

Black Panther
SEO

Post by Black Panther »

drrabbit wrote:While I love my Pirates, under no circustance would I call a team that finished, 9-11 on the season, and 5th or 6th in the league standings "one of the best SOC teams". The league has MUCH better--I can promise you. Try 22-0 Oak Hill or one of the other 4 SOC teams that beat them this season.

On paper, Zane Trace should have run Wheelersburg out of the Gym based on height alone. Wheelersburg has one player on their varsity roster at 5-8. Zane Trace has seven at 5-8 or above including two at 6-0 and one at 5-11.

Zane Trace's starting line up runs: 6-0, 5-11 (jumps at tip-off), 5-8, 5-8, 5-6. Their subs were 5-8 and 5-5.

Wheelersburg's starting line runs: 5-7, 5-7, 5-6 (jumps at tip-off), 5-5, 5-2. Their subs were 5-8, 5-7 and 5-3.

Congrats to the Pioneers on the win, good luck at the Convo.

Congratulations to the Pirates on a hard fought season! You have continuously improved. I enjoyed watching all the three seniors mature over the years and look forward to the next season with those returning. If the juniors, sophomores and freshmen get better at free throws, there is no telling how far you can go. THANKS for the hard work! It showed!

Even though ZT had more height, never under estimate heart and desire.I saw a lot of that in the Lady Pirates last night.Erica Schmidt is a very nice player!

QBear
JV Team

Post by QBear »

What was Wheelersburg's final record?

drrabbit
All State

Post by drrabbit »

I agree on the heart and desire. Inch-for-inch there is not a better group of athletes in the southeast area. But in basketball, inches count for something.

It was not one of Erica's better games offensively but she is a good athlete. She is probably the most 'basketball' type player that they have on the team. But her best sport is probably track (state potential) and is very good at volleyball too. Kalyn Bailey is outstanding at volleyball and softball. Sadie Ruby has state potential in track as well as a tough floor player in volleyball. Corey Turner plays an outstanding backline in volleyball and is quite good at track. Put Schmidt, Ruby and Turner on the same sprint relay team along with one other good sprinter and they are state potential. Logan Barrick is a tough defensive player in basketball but was very important to their district championship volleyball team this past year and a solid middle distance runner for track. Molly Knapp's best sport is probably softball but is an integral part of the volleyball team. They are all good all-around, 3-sport athletes.

Wheelersburg's final record was 10-12. They had a lot of close games this season-both won and lost. They struggled to have a consistent offense.

http://www.burg.k12.oh.us/highschool/at ... /index.php

Return to “Girls Basketball”