District 13 All Star Game- March 22

MightyOaksFan
SE

District 13 All Star Game- March 22

Post by MightyOaksFan »

The annual District 13 all star game will be held Monday, March 22 at Gallia Academy High School with the girls game starting at 6:00 PM with the boys game following. The following is the rosters for all of the girls and boys teams.

Div 1 and 2 Girls
LeAnne Ross...... Marietta
Tori Dixon...... ....Vinton County
Taylor Dolak........Warren
Allie Troester...... Gallia Academy
Kelsey Martin...... Jackson
Amy Noe............. Gallia Academy
Tinesha Taylor..... South Point
Chelsey Evans...... Logan
Paige Lamb........... Marietta
Amanda Brown..... Marietta
Coach Scott Cozzens- Marietta

Div. 3 and 4 Girls
Rebecca Puckett....... Oak Hill
Brea Tackett.............Ironton
Chelsea Delong.........Coal Grove
Megan Brooks.......... Fairland
Kasey Turley............ Eastern Meigs
Haillee Swain.............South Gallia
Audrianna Pullins.......Eastern Meigs
Cheyene Dunn..........Southern
Brooke Skinner.........Symmes Valley
Coach Dough Hale-Oak Hill
John Burdette- Eastern

Div. 1 and 2 Boys
Dylan Newsome...... Jackson
Patrick Angle.......... Logan
Cori Butcher.......... Athens
Dylan Guthrie........ Vinton County
John Troester........Gallia Academy
Andy Grillo.............Vinton County
Collin Pfaff..............Athens
Frank Valentour.....Athens
Brandon Fivecosit...Warren
Mason Mays..... .....Logan
Jeff Dietz...............Logan
Coach- Jeff Skinner-Athens

Div. 3 and 4 Boys
Tim Kockendoefrer.......Ironton
Zack Bobo..................Alexander
Tyler Thompson..........Federal Hocking
Mychal Mitchell............Nelsonville York
Jake Lynch................Eastern Meigs
Sean Coppick............Southern
Kelly Winebrenner......Eastern Meigs
Kris Tibbs.................Symmes Valley
Brandon Harrison......South Gallia
Cyle Ress.................Souther
Titus Pierce...............Eastern Meigs
Michael Manuel..........Southern
Mikey Johnson..........Eastern Meigs
Coach Howie Caldwell-Eastern Meigs
Mark Lafon-Ironton

Steely Dan
SEOP

Re: District 13 All Star Game- March 22

Post by Steely Dan »

Interesting. Not one girl from any of the Athens county schools, but plenty of boys......

osumufan
SE

Post by osumufan »

Not any boys from the OVC either. I think every conference should have at least one pick!

buckfever
Riding the Bench

Post by buckfever »

How many seniors were on the Athens County Schools? Just a question, I thought most of Athens County teams were young as far as the girls are concerned. I may be wrong.
I know there were at least seniors from Athens, 2 didn't get much playing time and 2 concentrate on volleyball ( one got hurt) and the other is one of the best if not the best softball player in the area.
The lady spartans only had 1 senior. The lady buckeyes main senior was suspended at the beginning of the season then got hurt.
Remember only seniors play in this game.
Not trying to cause any problems was Just trying to figure out what might be the reason.

Help me out if you can.

hoopitup
Freshman Team

Post by hoopitup »

Thought Marietta's Amanda Brown was only a Sophomore.

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

I think that Trimble had 3 seniors, NY had 2 or 3, Fed Hock had 4, Alex had 1, and Athens had a couple. That's 12 or 13 girls. Plenty to choose from.

buckfever
Riding the Bench

Post by buckfever »

Hoop it up only seniors which were pick on the all-district teams play in this game.

Steely there were plenty of TVC girls both Hocking and Ohio that were on the all district teams so they must of been mostly underclassman. I don't know if they use all 3 teams, 1st, 2nd, and special mention or just 1 or 1 and 2 but by my figures we had 21 represent the TVC but only 8 seniors. If They use only 1st team than only 4 are eligible, and if they use 1st and 2nd only 5. Therefore, it looks like the TVC has some quality players coming back and should be well represented in the district all star game. We may have had a lot of seniors to choose from but it looks like the coaches felt only 8 of those seniors were better than the underclassman.

After looking at the teams again not sure why Sina King is not listed as a player for Monday, also looks like they only took 1st team picks so my figures should be 9 TVC players on 1st team 4 of which were seniors. So the TVC was well represented on the overall District picks with 21 but only 9 on first team.
Divison 2
1st team
Tori Dixon Vinton County 12,
Morgan Howard Meigs 11
2nd team
Elena Lein Athens 10
Special Mention
Miranda Gruesier Meigs 11
Allison Graves Vinton County 12
Division III
1st team
Morgan Grinstead Alexander 11
Whitney Daughtery Alexander 11
2nd Team
none
Special Mention
Kayla Radkin Alexander 11
Chelsey Kennison Trimble 12
Division IV
1st team
Sina King Waterford 12
Kasey Turley Eastern 12
Chanda Cuckler Federal Hocking 11
Emily Brown Waterford 10
Audrionna Pullins Eastern 12
2nd team
Emeri Connery Eastern 11
Brooke Drayer Waterford 10
Cheyene Dunn Southern 12
Regina Leftwich Belpre 11
Special Mention
Brianna Hasley Belpre 11
Beverly Maxson Eastern 11
Ali West Waterford 12

TigerPaw22
Riding the Bench

Post by TigerPaw22 »

Players can only play in two all star games.(seniors) My guess is players likr King and Ross will play in north -south game,and BACF game at P-BURG SOUTH. Lots of Seniors who made team or at least nominated are eligible are asked to play. Some have spring sport obligations and chose not to play.

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

Thanks for clarifying guys, that makes complete sense.

hoopitup
Freshman Team

Post by hoopitup »

buck-I realize that but her name is on the roster above. That is why I was questioning it. I'm pretty sure she is only a sophomore. It must be a misprint.

buckfever
Riding the Bench

Post by buckfever »

Thanks for the info everyone.

soc2fan
Riding the Bench

Post by soc2fan »

gahs4ever's post on the boys thread

Coaches, players, parents, and fans of District 13 high schools met this evening at the New Gallia Academy High School in Centenary for the annual All-Star basketball game and 3 point shooting contest and slam dunk contest.

I'll go over the individual award and contest winners before posting the game winners and box scores.

The evening began at 6 pm with the Girls All-Star game pitting squads made up of DI and II schools against the DIII and IV schools. Some shifting around had to take place to balance out the rosters. The DI-II girls, coached by Scott Cozzens and Terry Wallis from Marietta beat the III-IV girls, coached by Oak Hill's Doug Hale and Eastern's John Burdette, by a score of 70-65 in the game which consisted of two 20 minute halves.

LORNA CAESAR OF IRONTON scored 24 big points in the victory and was recognized as the DI-II team's MVP!
REBECCA PUCKETT OF OAK HILL AND KASEY TURLEY OF REEDSVILLE EASTERN shared the same honor for the III-IV girls with 20 and 19 points respectively!

In between games, the various all-star honorees were given their plaques and recognized for their achievements.

Between games, the three point shooting contest for the girls was held and MIKEY STRITE OF OAK HILL knocked down 8/10 from beyond the arc to take home the girl's hardware. GRANT VENHAM FROM WARREN LOCAL beat a host of rim rockers to win the slam dunk trophy. Then at halftime of the boys all-star game a spirited three point shooting contest was waged with ZACH BOBO OF ALEXANDER AND SEAN COPPICK FROM SOUTHERN tied, having sunk 7/10 from long distance. In the shoot off, BOBO nailed 8/10 to win the trophy!

The boys all-star game saw the III-IV squad, coached by Eastern's Howie Caldwell and Mark LaFon from Ironton, pull away to leads as high as 13 before settling for an 87-78 decision in the night cap. TIM KOCHENDORFER OF IRONTON was game high scorer for the III-IV team and took home the MVP award, while LOGAN'S PATRICK ANGLE finished with 14 markers to lead the I-II team and win the same honor.

The game was well attended and supported and as usual the proceeds go to the district coaches fund, which provides scholarships and has for years. Many thanks go out to President Norm Pierson from Oak Hill and host Jim Osborne from Gallia Academy and the other coaches and schools throughout the district for their tireless efforts on behalf of the kids.

GIRLS GAME:

DI-II--- 33 37 - 70
DIII-IV- 33 32 - 65

DI-II: Paige Lamb, Marietta 3-3/4-9, Amy Noe GAHS 2-(2)-2/2- 12, Tricia Smith, Meigs 1-0/0-2, Tinesha Taylor, South Point 3-3/6-9, Allie Troester GAHS 2-(1)-2/2-9, Lorna Caesar, Ironton 9-6/7-24, Brea Tackett 1-(1)-0/0-5. TOTALS 21-(4)-16/21-70

DIII-IV: Brooke Skinner, Symmes Valley 0-1/2-1, Audrianna Pullins, Eastern 5-0/0-10, Ali West, Waterford 1-0/2-2,
Megan Brooks, Fairland 1-0/0-2, Hailee Swain, South Gallia 1-0/2-2, Tori Dixon, Vinton County 0-(1)-0/0-3, Rebecca Puckett, Oak Hill 6-(1)-5/7-20, Kasey Turley, Southern 5-(2)-3/6-19, Chelsea DeLong, Coal Grove 3-0/2-6. TOTALS 22-(4)-9/21-65

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

BOYS GAME:

DI-II: Dylan Guthrie, Vinton County 4-0/0-8, Clay Ellenwood, Warren 1-1/2-3, Collin Pfaff, Athens 3-6/6-12, Patrick Angle, Logan 3-(2)-2/4-14, Cori Butcher, Athens 3-0/3-6, Mason Mays, Logan 2-(1)-5/6-12, Brandon Fivecoait, Warren 3-1/2-7, John Troester, GAHS 2-1/1-5, Andy Grillo, Vinton County 1-0/0-2, Dylan Newsome, Jackson 3-3/4-9, Jeff Dietz 0-0/0-0. TOTALS 25-(3)-19/28-78

DIII-IV: Tim Kochendorfer, Ironton 7-4/4-18, Mikey Johnson, Eastern 2-1/2-5, Brandon Harrison 2-0/2-4, Jake Lynch, Eastern 2-(1)-1/3-8, Kelly winebrenner, Eastern 1-(3)-0/0-11, Titus Pierce, Eastern 0-0/2-0, Mychal Mitchell, N-Y 6-0-3/9-15, Sean Coppick, Southern 0-(2)-0/0-6, Zach Bobo, Alexander 3-0/0-6, Cyle Rees, Southern 0-1/2-1, Michael Manuel, Southern 4-(1)-2/2-13. TOTALS 27-(7)-12/26-87

Return to “Girls Basketball”