TVC Ohio

ref51
Waterboy

TVC Ohio

Post by ref51 »

Whats the pre-season predictions? Who will win the league?
Alexander, Athens, Nelsonville-York, Meigs, Vinton County and Wellston.
Belpre left the Ohio Division for the Hocking Division this year....

Coach363
Freshman Team

Re: TVC Ohio

Post by Coach363 »

Ohio Division Champs:
Alexander 10-0
Athens 7-3
Wellston 5-5
Meigs 3-7
Vinton County 3-7
Nelsonville York 2-8

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

Meigs returns every player plus the addition to Bailey who missed last year with an ACL and you really think they will only win 3 games?

Coach363
Freshman Team

Post by Coach363 »

okay... alexander and athens will sweep meigs which gives them 4 L's. then I think wellston, nelsonville, vinton and meigs are all about the same. I gave wellston the edge over nelsonville and vinton with a sweep and a split with meigs. however i thought Bailey and Howard both grad last spring... with that and vc losing all 5 starts i'd say wellston and meigs will be right at 4-6, 5-5 with 1 of them being 6-4 in league play.. Either way Alexander & Athens are the cream of the crop in the Ohio Division.

ref51
Waterboy

Post by ref51 »

I agree.... 1st-Alexander 2nd- Meigs, Athens, Wellston? any of these 3 could finish 2rd-4th place vinton and nelsonville 5th and 6th..
Champs:Alexander
2nd:Wellston
2nd:Meigs
2nd:Athens
5th:Nelsonville
6th:Vinton County

Raven Cline gone at Athens will hurt the back court more than what you realize right now, sure Lein is big, quick and strong but im not convinced with the guard play just yet. Meigs does have a lot returning this year and should have a solid season. Wellston improved over the course of the seaon last year with 3 freshman starting and a new coach.

Coach363
Freshman Team

Post by Coach363 »

okay i agree with you ref51... How about top players returning this season?
Alexander- pick one?
Athens- Lein
Meigs-Howard
Nelsonville-True "sister"
Vinton County-?
Wellston-Davis Mullins
Alex has the best back court guards followed by wellston. I just think it comes down to guard play like it does at very level. Alexander followed by wellston...I'm gonna stick with my picks but with bailey back at meigs they could surprise me..

Birdman
Riding the Bench

Post by Birdman »

coach 363 I think your TVC will be more competive this year. Just from what I have seen this summer. Nelsonville has a good soph. class and a couple very good freshman that will probably play varsity and be good. Athens will be much better this year. I know they had a few play on an AAU team so they will be better. They have the best post players Sindelar will be very good to go along with Lein. Alexander should win the league this year again but it won't be as easy as you think. I watched them play very well at Ironton (Ironton beat them by 1 point) and turn around and not score a single point against Paint Valley and loose. Vinton County is going to surprise with the soph. post and they will have a couple freshman that is going to make them a better team than last year. Can't comment on Wellston or Meigs I didn't see them all summer.

ref51
Waterboy

Post by ref51 »

coach363, like I said Alexander is the clear cut favorite to win the league and they should be.. birdman: I have seen wellston, nelsonville and vinton county this summer. Wellston looked better than both vc and nelsonville. I was at the Wellston Shoot Out watching with my daughter and I believe Wellston put it all over Nelsonville twice. I understand summer is summer but... My daughter's team played at coastal carolina this summer and wellston and nelsonville were both there and I watched the wellston team compete against some very goooood talent done there at myrtle beach. And your right the league will be better than what coach363 thinks...... good luck to all teams....

momba47
Waterboy

Post by momba47 »

I had the pleasure to coach many of the kids in aau this past summer that you all are talking about. With Whitney Daughtery and Morgan Grinstead at Alexander to go along with a few good juniors they will have to be the favorite. However, I wouldn't count out Athens either with such a strong post game with Jamie Sindelar and Emily Hopton to go go along with 2 6ft sophomores. I am looking forward to watching these kids who were teammates for us compete against each other :)

Birdman
Riding the Bench

Post by Birdman »

momba47 will athens having 4 players with the average height of 6ft. and they are athletic wouldn't that make them the favorite to win the league. unless some players didn't come to the shootout Alexander can't guard them. They were very small. I might have to change my pick to win the league. No matter how good you are sometimes you just can,t do much with the other teams because they are bigger, stronger, and more athletic.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

I have already posted stuff on trivalleyconference.com involving girls hoops ... I've got most of the scheudles up on each team page (minus a team or two)

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Good luck Lady Buckeyes!!!!!!!

strongunderneath
Waterboy

Post by strongunderneath »

Nelsonville will be having 4 of the 6 UNDEFEATED 8th grade girls playing this year. These girls are use to tough competition and will do a great job. You never know what can happen! :)

momba47
Waterboy

Post by momba47 »

birdman... the reason I said Alex over Athens is the guard play. I dont believe Athens guards can consistently get the ball to their post players in a position to score. If the guards for Athens which appears to be juniors, Barnett and Mccollum can handle the pressure defense I would say Athens has a legit shot just by crashing the boards. Coach Horsely has the makings of a very good program at Athens but still feel they are a year away yet.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

all the TVC-Hocking scheudles are up on trivalleyconference.com ...

I WILL DEFINITLY NEED HELP KEEPING TRACK OF THE TVC-OHIO GIRLS TEAMS THIS YEAR ... STANDINGS, RESULTS, ETC..ETC...

PLEASE KEEP ME INFORMED ON YOUR TEAMS GAMES THIS WINTER - EITHER BY POSTING RESULTS ON SEOPS; OR E-MAILING ME AT trivalleyconference@yahoo.com.

thx

BTW ... I STILL NEED VINTON COUNTY & MEIGS SCHEDULES ... THX

Birdman
Riding the Bench

Post by Birdman »

momba, thanks! my question for 93bulldog is are you sure the schedule is right for the alex girls? That just doesn't seem right. Isn't the coach worried about the record for the tournament draw. Maysville, Southpoint, Marietta, Zane trace, is bad enough but Pickington Central, Solon, Logan, Cambridge the only games I think they can win is the Minford and Logan Elm game. A 500 record will get them Oak Hill or Ironton real early in the tournament. He must really believe in his guards

ref51
Waterboy

Post by ref51 »

How did Wellston do at the harvest prep scrimmage? I talked to Coach yesterday about his scrimmage next weekend and he told me that they were playing Lakota East, Lorain, Harvest Prep "state champs", Desales, Pickerington South and Shaker Heights.. Just wondering how a local team stacked up against some of the best teams in the state??

Coach363
Freshman Team

Post by Coach363 »

Uh Harvest Prep beat Wellston by 20 points the first game however Wellston beat Lorain "2 D1 Players OSU & Bowling Green". Should have beat Lakota East twice lost by 9 and 4 points both times.However this doesn't make Wellston a power house by any means they just had a good weekend against some great teams. Overall Wellston got better each every game..

buckfever
Riding the Bench

Post by buckfever »

The Alexander girls only lost one player last season, which was an outstanding leader. They return Grinstead, Daugherty, Radekin, Els, Brooks, and Hayes with the 2 Powell girls and Koker. (4 of these girls played AAU this summer) It has also been rumored that Kayla Bartlett is coming back this season. It is true that they have no height, they didn't last year, but made it to the sweet 16. Coach Guthrie will once again have these girls prepared, they play tuff man to man defense. As for the schedule they beat Maysville last year, lost a close one to Zane Trace early in the year, beat Minford, and Logan Elm. Everyone will just have to wait to see how this year plays out.
Just amazes me when I read on here how Athens and Alexander football schedule easy teams and get made fun of and when a coach and athletic director schedule quality teams they are put down. Sometimes I think people have it out for our Athens County teams no matter what they do. All I can say is I hope they step up to the challenge and prove people wrong.
I wish the best of luck to all the Athens County schools and look forward to seeing some good TVC competition this year. Should be close games between the County schools this year (Athens, Alex, & Nelsonville). I also look for Wellston to be competitive this year.

Coach363
Freshman Team

Post by Coach363 »

By all means Alexander is the best team in the TVC hands down.... I believe like I've said Alexander Athens then everyone else....

Return to “Girls Basketball”