Symmes Valley lady vikings

cornhuskers68
Waterboy

Symmes Valley lady vikings

Post by cornhuskers68 »

Whats everyones thoughts on this young team?

iam4osu
JV Team

Re: lady vikings

Post by iam4osu »

This team has potential. They just need to keep their heads up and
not get down, they need time on the court to get to know each other and
Know the plays. Dont count them out just yet...this team could be your sleeper.
You have several different players that are able to step in and be scoring threats.
Go Vikes!!

cornhuskers68
Waterboy

Post by cornhuskers68 »

well i made it out to the sv hoops for a cure game and here is my opnion:

FIRST-where does sv get their refs???? U might as well just pull people out of the stands!!!!

SECOND-when did the lady vikes become a TWO-MAN team with 12 & 32 (i think that was her number)??? Girls incase u didnt realize their are THREE other girls on the floor besides you two!! Pass the ball

THIRD-they need to work on their rebounding and learn to jump and get off their feet and dont pull the ball down..Everyone needs to watch their passes..then i dont see where the freshman are all that great,several times they acted like they didnt even know the plays..The lady vikes could be a good team if you work on your problems!!

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

FIRST-where does sv get their refs???? U might as well just pull people out of the stands!!!!

the rest of the SOC has been asking that for years now LOL ! MD

iam4osu
JV Team

Post by iam4osu »

Got to know your plays....been saying that for a while now.
Still alot of confusion...
Still alot of standing....

lvhoops
Riding the Bench

Post by lvhoops »

Cornhuskers68 & IamOSU; You guys are absolutely right on the money! Everyone knows that you win basketball games with defense and rebounding, and neither of those were present last night. I do know for a fact that coach Bryant was not happy at all during the game and after the game with her players about those two very things. This team has to learn how to execute their defense and rebounding everytime they hit the floor. As for only two players getting the ball last night, not sure I agree with that, I know that for our younger players they are not running the offense and they are not coming to meet the pass. You are right cornhusker68 about this team having the potential to be a good one, however, this may be a work in progress and we will see how long it will take this team to get it together! Good Luck Lady Vikes

PopCorn
Freshman Team

Post by PopCorn »

Not sure about that last post but it apprear someone is being seheduled for concession duty!

Anyhow, you must realize the Lady Vikings are a very young team. Only one starter back and two others that saw limited playing time last year. I have seen them at all of their scrimmages and the foundation game against Coal Grove. Yes they made mistakes and the younger girls do not go to the ball like they should but they do hang in there. They have improved everytime I have seen them play and they are learning. You are watching a very young team get alot of valuable experience as freshman and sophmores which will pay off for the next three years.

Good luck Girls. Enjoy the game!

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

need a little help -- since there is no JV game this coming monday against ND , what is the lineup for the game or games ? meaning what time will the girls varsity be played ? thanks MD

iam4osu
JV Team

Post by iam4osu »

Six
Im pretty sure

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

i was told 6;30 ? any other games scheduled besides girls varsity ?

iam4osu
JV Team

Post by iam4osu »

AD did state all home games at SV would start at 6:30 and not at 6
Due to the fact that there is no JV team.

PopCorn
Freshman Team

Post by PopCorn »

Nice win for a young lady Viking team. Way to hang in there girls. Foul trouble hurt ND late in the game. Great shooting game for #10 for ND.

Good luck Lady Vikings against East.

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

I got hung up at work and could'nt attend. Watched the tape last night. SV played pretty well, made enough FT's to get the W. ND was ahead 1-5 points pretty much the entire game and were up 4 with 2 min to play but did'nt have the experience to seal the deal. Too many fouls .
I thought if ND scored up in 40's they would get the W . but SV played pretty well for the 1st time out. MD

iam4osu
JV Team

Post by iam4osu »

The Lady Vikings are getting better it seems with each outing. Still are alot
of things that need attention but with one senior on the floor as a starter, two freshman
and the rest sophomores ..not to bad at all....

Five Point
JV Team

Post by Five Point »

Who is the other freshman starter besides Hunt?

iam4osu
JV Team

Post by iam4osu »

Michaels started the other night instead of Humphrey the other senior.
Michaels is a sophomore....but the other two freshman got quite a bit
of playing time(Johnson and Maynard)

Good Luck tonight on the road against East...
Go Lady Vikes

iam4osu
JV Team

Post by iam4osu »

Way to go Ladies another Win
Cant say enough about this Young team

Five Point
JV Team

Post by Five Point »

How did the game with South Gallia go today?

lvhoops
Riding the Bench

Post by lvhoops »

Five Point, the Lady Vikings did not do well at all today against the Lady Rebels. The Vikes struggled on the offensive end today, but they did not bring their defense with them at all ! The girls have been looking good in the past two games on the defensive side, but it was not present today. Give credit to the Lady Rebels they played well today, but you cannot give them opportunities to score like we did. The Lady Vikings never gave up though, and with a young team like they are, it is nice to see them play hard through the final buzzer. They will be just fine and hopefully they will bring the defense on the bus for Monday's game against Clay, with them.

S.G. 56 SV 44

VIKING GRAD
Riding the Bench

Post by VIKING GRAD »

What happened to the Lady Vikings against the Rebels the second time. Paper said at halftime we were only behind by two. Second half we got hammered. Did SG change something the second half or were the Vikings exhausted. They have been known to run out of steam before. Guess I am going to have to make it to a game or two to see for myself. Come on Ladies, you can do this. Play four quarters not just two. Loads of young talent with a senior to lead them. Play like you did at the start of the season.

Lets go girls.

Return to “Girls Basketball”