Tori Dixon at Marietta College

Run Bubba Run
Freshman Team

Tori Dixon at Marietta College

Post by Run Bubba Run »

I know this is not a HS topic, but Tori was a fixture here for the last four years and I thought some might be interested in how she is doing at the collegiate level.

Marietta College is currently 3-3 for the season. Tori leads the team in minutes played at 33 per game. She has led the team in scoring in two of those contests while averaging 12.7 ppg which is third best on the team.

She leads the team in assists (23) and has made 18 FT in 18 attempts. She has also hit on 10 of her 25 3-point shots.

Over-all, I would say that is a pretty impressive start for a freshman. Way to go Tori! She was such a great boon to the VC girls BkB program during her 4 year career and I'm sure everyone here in VC country wishes her nothing but the best.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Tori Dixon at Marietta College

Post by Ironman92 »

Good Stuff!

VIKED_MAN
Varsity

Post by VIKED_MAN »

Great job Tori.

Run Bubba Run
Freshman Team

Post by Run Bubba Run »

Saw in the dispatch today that Marietta beat Otterbein 68-64 last night. Tori led team with 20+ points. That included 3 for 3 from the line and 4 3-pointers.

Viking Pride
Waterboy

Post by Viking Pride »

I've been to Tori's games and she is doing great! They have a rough contest this Wednesday against Baldwin-Wallace. If you go to Marietta College website, you can watch the game on the internet from the women's basketball page.

md2020
Varsity

Post by md2020 »

Way to go Tori. Continue your successfull season.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Glad to hear she is doing so well. She was a special basketball player and from what I have heard from people who know her she is a great young lady!! I wish her the best and I hope she leads her team to great things....

Run Bubba Run
Freshman Team

Post by Run Bubba Run »

B & O,

Thanks for the supportive words for the Dixon girl. She was special and I understand her sister (freshman this year) is going to be a good one also.

Run Bubba Run
Freshman Team

Post by Run Bubba Run »

Now that the season is over, thought I would update on Tori's first year at Marietta College. Spoke to her recently and she was very happy with her situation at Marietta.

For the season, Tori:

Started all 25 games.

Led the team in minutes played.

Led the team in 3-point baskets.

Led the team in assists.

Never fouled out.

Was second leading scorer.

Was high point fro team in 8 games.

Now that's not too bad for a little old Vinton County gal.

She certainly had a great freshman season and we can only look forward to three more of the same I'm sure I meant to tell her how proud I was of her loyalty to the VC Vikings program when others deserted VC and left our program high and dry. if you see this Tori, rest assured there are plenty out here who feel the same way.

freethrow
Varsity

Post by freethrow »

How many games did Marietta College women win?

bball4evr
JV Team

Post by bball4evr »

Eight wins, up from 2 or 3 the year before. I look for them to have similar improvement this year with Dixon and Guiler coming back and adding to it a nice recruiting class.

Return to “Girls Basketball”