JV Team

1/6 oak hill at burg.

Post by bryanc45 »

lets go get another win lady oaks.

MightyOaksFan
SE

Re: 1/6 oak hill at burg.

Post by MightyOaksFan »

Bigger game than some would think. Burg I believe just has the one loss in the league (someone correct me if I am wrong). Oak Hill struggled at Burg last year as Schmidt had a great game and Oak Hill had a tough night shooting. Also a big game for Burg even if they lose. If they have a good showing it could give them a higher seed at sectionals.

mglight88
SE

Post by mglight88 »

Yes Minford gave Wheelersburg their first loss.

md2020
Varsity

Post by md2020 »

I am looking for a pretty good game. Wheelersburg is pretty scrappy. Oaks have to be favored though.

footballfanatic1
All Conference

Post by footballfanatic1 »

this game will not even be close. oaks by 25

Bucknut27
Varsity

Post by Bucknut27 »

Let's hope the weather doesn't cancel it.

Ole_Cuzin_Funk
Freshman Team

Post by Ole_Cuzin_Funk »

You just had to saw the "W" word didnt ya???????????? lol

bryanc45
JV Team

Post by bryanc45 »

any updates on score

MightyOaksFan
SE

Post by MightyOaksFan »

Oak Hill wins 49-29
person thrown out for the least amount I have ever heard a person say to get them thrown out. You could tell he just wanted to throw someone out tonight.

bryanc45
JV Team

Post by bryanc45 »

thanks MOF for update next up makeup game with valley coming to town.

BASKET_WEAVER8675309
Waterboy

Post by BASKET_WEAVER8675309 »

was it the same crew that had the OH/SP game? they were pretty thinned skinned. I have never seen official look up into the stands on dead balls like I have this year. May want to respect the game and take care of what's going on on the hardwoods

clevelandbrowns#1
Varsity

Post by clevelandbrowns#1 »

If you cuss @ an official automatic ejection!!! How many people are there who don't want to hear that language!!! Yeah, officials show up just looking for someone to throw out, that is funny!!!

MightyOaksFan
SE

Post by MightyOaksFan »

There was no cussing. Especially from this lady. You would have to know her to know that ther isn't anything she would say to get her thrown out.

BASKET_WEAVER8675309
Waterboy

Post by BASKET_WEAVER8675309 »

ClevelandBrowns#1 wrote:If you cuss @ an official automatic ejection!!! How many people are there who don't want to hear that language!!! Yeah, officials show up just looking for someone to throw out, that is funny!!!
Guess with the remark, u r an official. lol
I have been on all sides of the situation as a coach official and fan and I know first hand that there are officials that actually do look to toss people. Guess it makes them feel more important. Bottom line unless it happens on the hardwoods dont worry about it. I am not stupid enuf to not know sometimes a fan needs ejected but more often than not the fan should be ignored excluding bodily harm or coming on the floor. When I was an official I was concentrating so hard on making the right calls that i blocked most everything else out.

Ole_Cuzin_Funk
Freshman Team

Post by Ole_Cuzin_Funk »

ClevelandBrowns#1 wrote:If you cuss @ an official automatic ejection!!! How many people are there who don't want to hear that language!!! Yeah, officials show up just looking for someone to throw out, that is funny!!!

Well then if that was the case the ref needs to man up and go apologize to her. I can assure you no one cussed. I was right there. My 2 very small nephews were sitting with me and surrounded by my family members any of which would not tolerate foul language period. I am afraid what happened was I said something early in the game and by the refs comment got his panties in a wad due to the fact he must have misheard me. What I did see was 2 of the refs being very cozy with the home fans. But I understand in small town America, that happens. When a player gets shoved down from behind and lying on the floor obviously injured, I would expect ANY parent to get a little heated. I know there is a rule about possession, so no need for rule quotes, but when these kids are hurt, the game needs to stop. Bottom line, if the ref is half of a man, he needs to apologize. So I hope we see this person in the near future and see if he does the right thing. Im not holding my breath tho.

sportnut
Riding the Bench

Post by sportnut »

Ole_Cuzin_Funk wrote:

Well then if that was the case the ref needs to man up and go apologize to her. I can assure you no one cussed. I was right there. My 2 very small nephews were sitting with me and surrounded by my family members any of which would not tolerate foul language period. I am afraid what happened was I said something early in the game and by the refs comment got his panties in a wad due to the fact he must have misheard me. What I did see was 2 of the refs being very cozy with the home fans. But I understand in small town America, that happens. When a player gets shoved down from behind and lying on the floor obviously injured, I would expect ANY parent to get a little heated. I know there is a rule about possession, so no need for rule quotes, but when these kids are hurt, the game needs to stop. Bottom line, if the ref is half of a man, he needs to apologize. So I hope we see this person in the near future and see if he does the right thing. Im not holding my breath tho.
cuzin, you my friend are a hypocrite. This is so funny to hear OH fans on hear crying about how officials favor the home crowd. Sounds to me like your fans got a little taste of their own medicine. Your fans are the rudest I have ever witnessed and your players love to try and fake to get fouls called. It just doesn't work away from home.

Dean
Freshman Team

Post by Dean »

Sportnut----Your jealousy of Oak Hill's success is not very attractive.

sportnut
Riding the Bench

Post by sportnut »

Dean wrote:Sportnut----Your jealousy of Oak Hill's success is not very attractive.
Jealous? And just when is it that they played and beat Coal Grove? Because I most certainly missed the game and you most certainly missed the whole point. Simply pointing out that the home schools usually do get better calls and when you are on the receiving end of those calls, ole cuzin, just like me, gets just a little opinionitive of the matter. Point proven!

MightyOaksFan
SE

Post by MightyOaksFan »

sportnut wrote:
Dean wrote:Sportnut----Your jealousy of Oak Hill's success is not very attractive.
Jealous? And just when is it that they played and beat Coal Grove? Because I most certainly missed the game and you most certainly missed the whole point. Simply pointing out that the home schools usually do get better calls and when you are on the receiving end of those calls, ole cuzin, just like me, gets just a little opinionitive of the matter. Point proven!
2/9/2008 Oak Hill over Coal Grove for sectional championship
11/19/2007 Oak Hill over Coal Grove to open season
11/27/2006 Oak Hill over Coal Grove to open season

just to name a few. 2 of those were away from home for Oak Hill by the way, with one of them having Coal Grove coaches go into the locker room after the refs.

blondebomb
Freshman Team

Post by blondebomb »

:aaaaa24 :aaaaa24 :aaaaa24 !!!!! Now What ?

Return to “Girls Basketball”