Zane Trace's Defense

warningtrackpower
All Conference

Zane Trace's Defense

Post by warningtrackpower »

Article on www.svcsportszone.com about Zane Trace's defense.

Out of Bounds
Varsity

Re: Zane Trace's Defense

Post by Out of Bounds »

Does this include throwing punches?

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

An Out of Bounds comment from Out of Bounds, I like it. I'm 100% that most of the readers of the website don't know what you're talking about, I only know from an extremely unreliable source, but could you PM me details of what happened?

Good article as always.

tap in bogey
Freshman Team

Post by tap in bogey »

Heard a tape of the punch was likely being sent to OHSAA. Assuming it's like I heard, there's no place for it in basketball.

Esully63
Freshman Team

Post by Esully63 »

tap in bogey wrote:Heard a tape of the punch was likely being sent to OHSAA. Assuming it's like I heard, there's no place for it in basketball.
I'm with you 100% and then some. If there was an intentional punch thrown be it a player, a ref., a fan, could be football, basketball, tennis even bowling, the person throwing the punch should be suspended a minimum of five games. There is no place in sports high school, collage, or pro for this behavior. We as a society have been tolerating entirely to much at our athletic events.

footballfanatic1
All Conference

Post by footballfanatic1 »

maybe boxing.... good post es63....

Out of Bounds
Varsity

Post by Out of Bounds »

Well, I have seen the tape and the ZT girl clocked the Piketon girl. It was one hell of a sucker punch let me tell ya. And the referee came out with a double foul!!! It was good solid defense and the ZT girl was frustrated and just decked her!! The referee's no call was a follow up body blow!! He should be removed from officiating. There is no clearer rule in basketball. You throw a punch, weather it lands or not, YOU ARE HIT WITH A FLAGRANT FOUL AND EJECTED!! It was pitiful. I was told by the father of the girl who took the punch that he called a double foul because the girl had to do something to provoke it!! HAHAHA, but he didn't see it. How classic is that?

tap in bogey
Freshman Team

Post by tap in bogey »

Out of Bounds wrote:Well, I have seen the tape and the ZT girl clocked the Piketon girl. It was one hell of a sucker punch let me tell ya. And the referee came out with a double foul!!! It was good solid defense and the ZT girl was frustrated and just decked her!! The referee's no call was a follow up body blow!! He should be removed from officiating. There is no clearer rule in basketball. You throw a punch, weather it lands or not, YOU ARE HIT WITH A FLAGRANT FOUL AND EJECTED!! It was pitiful. I was told by the father of the girl who took the punch that he called a double foul because the girl had to do something to provoke it!! HAHAHA, but he didn't see it. How classic is that?
Yeah, I heard the same thing. The official told the Piketon girl "you must have done something to cause her to do that". Wow! Unbelievable. Never heard that theory before.

Esully63
Freshman Team

Post by Esully63 »

Out of Bounds wrote:Well, I have seen the tape and the ZT girl clocked the Piketon girl. It was one hell of a sucker punch let me tell ya. And the referee came out with a double foul!!! It was good solid defense and the ZT girl was frustrated and just decked her!! The referee's no call was a follow up body blow!! He should be removed from officiating. There is no clearer rule in basketball. You throw a punch, weather it lands or not, YOU ARE HIT WITH A FLAGRANT FOUL AND EJECTED!! It was pitiful. I was told by the father of the girl who took the punch that he called a double foul because the girl had to do something to provoke it!! HAHAHA, but he didn't see it. How classic is that?
The girl should be suspend along with the official! How many times have you heard an official say "I cant call it if I dont see it". Sorry, I slipped, officials are infalible!

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Esully- Really though, can you call something you don't see? Yes, a double foul in this situation is absolutely terrible and I could probably write a book on different terrible calls and decisions by refs that I've seen in this year alone. It seems like you would be agreeing with the official in this case though, since he/she didn't see what caused the punch and still called a double foul, which means 'they called what they didn't see'

Esully63
Freshman Team

Post by Esully63 »

danicalifornia wrote:Esully- Really though, can you call something you don't see? Yes, a double foul in this situation is absolutely terrible and I could probably write a book on different terrible calls and decisions by refs that I've seen in this year alone. It seems like you would be agreeing with the official in this case though, since he/she didn't see what caused the punch and still called a double foul, which means 'they called what they didn't see'
Im sorry, that comment was a poke at the inconsistancies in officiating. All night long the official tells the crowd he can not call what he doesnt see, then in this blatant unsportman like act hes states I didnt see it but she must have done something to warrenty it. No iI do not agree with the official, I believe she offending girl should have been ejected from the game and a Technical should have been assesed against that team. In addition to that I think game suspension of at a minimum of one game should have been enforced. If video evidence of wrong doing by the other party was to be produced, she should be dealt with appropriately.

No where in sports is there room for this kind of behavior. It was tolerated in the pro's and then started to infultrate the collage levels and is now be coming common place at high school sports. A message that this is unacceptable needs to be sent, and that may not be up to the officials completely. It will probably take the OHSAA, our local school administrations, our parents and the officials to turn this around. If a student at the school my daughters attend were to have done this and niether the coach or the school district suspended the player and let it be known that this is unacceptable, I would be very embarrassed.

BlueDuck
Riding the Bench

Post by BlueDuck »

Heard ZT is planning on a suspension this week. Did anything happen to the Piketon score keeper who stormed the court and made threats? I wonder if all that footage made the tape also!

The officials let the game get out of hand.

Should be a dandy in the round 2 (seriously, no pun intended) matchup.

teamworkwins
Riding the Bench

Post by teamworkwins »

I blame the refs for letting games get out of hand. Call the reaches, grabbing on the rebounds, shoves in the back and on and on and on. Kids will play as rough as you let them. Unfortunately, this sometimes leads to kids losing their tempers. Call the fouls, clean the games up and this type of stuff usually won't happen.

svcSHOCK
Waterboy

Post by svcSHOCK »

Maurice Minnifield wrote:Heard ZT is planning on a suspension this week. Did anything happen to the Piketon score keeper who stormed the court and made threats? I wonder if all that footage made the tape also!

Yes the officials did let that game get out of hand! It was ridiculous. I think that the ZT coach should have benched the girl after the incident & not of congradulated her.

I think the next time they play will be an exciting game to watch..

Oh and the score keeper for Piketon is the father of the girl who got punched in the face. Would you not get up out of your seat if your 14-15 year old freshman daughter was punched by an 17-18 year old senior?? & i do not believe he threatened anyone?? I think he was just upset about the situation as any parent would be, especially if they coach or officials did nothing to handle it. If i was the parent of the girl i would have done more than rush the court.

footballfanatic1
All Conference

if that would have been my grandaughter you bet i would have had a few words for the ref...and the opposing coach.

BlueDuck
Riding the Bench

Post by BlueDuck »

svcSHOCK wrote:
Maurice Minnifield wrote:Heard ZT is planning on a suspension this week. Did anything happen to the Piketon score keeper who stormed the court and made threats? I wonder if all that footage made the tape also!

Yes the officials did let that game get out of hand! It was ridiculous. I think that the ZT coach should have benched the girl after the incident & not of congradulated her.

I think the next time they play will be an exciting game to watch..

Oh and the score keeper for Piketon is the father of the girl who got punched in the face. Would you not get up out of your seat if your 14-15 year old freshman daughter was punched by an 17-18 year old senior?? & i do not believe he threatened anyone?? I think he was just upset about the situation as any parent would be, especially if they coach or officials did nothing to handle it. If i was the parent of the girl i would have done more than rush the court.
If you were a parent you would have done what? Went onto the floor to fight a high school girl? Seriously?

I blame the adults in the situations. The refs let the game get out of hand, and the Dad made a fool of himself. The ZT girl made a mistake (again refs fault for missing it), and after seeing the tape the ZT coach has decided to suspend the player.

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

IF , I wasn't there nor seen the tape, IF a girl threw a punch she should be suspended for several games. Why in the world was the player not ejected ???? question 2 --what is the official ohio rule for throwing a punch ? It sounds like in this case the official missed it and only a flagrant foul was called.

Out of Bounds
Varsity

Post by Out of Bounds »

It's obvious Maurice Minnifield you have a dog in this fight. You created a user name just for this topic. But either way, the fault starts with the player. No matter how rough the officials let the game get, at what point does a player justify sucker punching another player or person? Secondly, I don't know how rough the officials let the game get, but to call a double foul is ridiculous! I don't condone the parent coming on the floor and I can say he was probably even more furious when it was called a double foul and no penalty was given to the player. If my daughter was slugged and the player was ejected as they should have been, and I saw my daughter was ok, it would be a lot easier to stay off the floor. If someone took a free shot at my daughter and she gets punished with a foul and no other repercussions were taken, my voice would have been heard! And last but not least, if I was a coach and my player pulled a stunt like that, she would not have seen the floor for the rest of the night at a minimum. Lessons have to be taught, not just winning and losing, and that would have been a good opportunity to teach a lesson. I've watched really good coaches, Rob Beaucler (Eastern Brown Boys Varsity) Ryan Davis (Chesapeake Boys Varsity) Tom Barrick (Wheelersburg Boys Varsity) do this exact same thing. Throw an elbow, spike a ball, cuss and official, they all yanked players and sat them the rest of the game. That is called discipline and how a coach (good coach) runs a program!!

footballfanatic1
All Conference

true....

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

I agree out of bounds ... good post . Assuming the official missed it the coach should step in and suspend the kid. Whether she is the #1 or # 10 player on the team should not matter. MD

Return to “Girls Basketball”