SHL ALL League selections

shljunkie
Varsity

SHL ALL League selections

Post by shljunkie »

Trying to figure out how McDaniels was left off the list and Peebles only got 1 player voted on. NA, Manch, and Lynchburg all got 2 selections with respective records of 7-6, 6-7, and 7-6 in the league and 13-7, 8-12, and 13-7 overall compared to Peebles record of 8-5 league and 15-5 overall?

thebull
Varsity

Re: SHL ALL League selections

Post by thebull »

Maybe she wasnt nominated

haverightsto
Waterboy

Post by haverightsto »

thebull wrote:Maybe she wasnt nominated
That's what I'm hearing!!!!

ty.stephens
Freshman Team

Post by ty.stephens »

If it's true and she wasn't nominated than that was a very stupid move on the coach. She kept the team in a lot of ballgames. Hope the coach had more sense than that.

love_the_game
Waterboy

Post by love_the_game »

I agree with you, PHSfan14! McDaniel was a true leader of that team and how she could not have been at least nomiated is beyond me. There were many games she not only kept them in the ballgame but led them to a win. She always seemed to give it all she had. Didn't she have 18 points or so in their recent tournament loss to Zane Trace and all in the second half of the game. If that is not leading a comeback, even though they fell short, I don't know what is! I am not an expert or anything but I think the all-league is mainly just politics and "who you know" or "who you are", at least in Adams County, and really doesn't have too awful much to do how good of a player! Just my opinion. . .

indians10
Riding the Bench

Post by indians10 »

Talk about a joke.If i were a coach in the shl,i would be ashamed not to have voted for McDaniels.If she didnt deserve to make the shl all league team no one did.I was so pissed off,for someone to give her heart every game all season long and then to be shuned by the coaches is an in justice to say the least.I was contacted by the Peebles coach and he assured me that he put her name up.Peebles gets only one and other teams gets two just proves how political something like this is.He informed me that only 6 out of the 9 coaches voted for her.Joke Joke Joke Oh well we as Indians fans knows how much she meant to this team.

love_the_game
Waterboy

Post by love_the_game »

Call me stupid but wouldn't 6 out of 9 be the majority? I'm a little confused. . . And anyway, isn't there 10 SHL coaches? I don't know, I never was any good at math

boomer633
Varsity

Post by boomer633 »

Shayla should have been on it. That's the problem with all league teams. It can be political and there are always deserving players who get left off. Hard feelings are a result and that's not good for anyone.

numberonefan
Riding the Bench

Post by numberonefan »

I believe she was player of the game a few times and led the team in scoring a few times as well. If only 9 were there, someone didn't show up .

haverightsto
Waterboy

Post by haverightsto »

numberonefan wrote:I believe she was player of the game a few times and led the team in scoring a few times as well. If only 9 were there, someone didn't show up .
West Union didn't get anyone on the list, not sure if that was because no one was there from West Union or what? Do coaches get to vote for their own players or would this be why there was only 9 votes?

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

shljunkie wrote:Trying to figure out how McDaniels was left off the list and Peebles only got 1 player voted on. NA, Manch, and Lynchburg all got 2 selections with respective records of 7-6, 6-7, and 7-6 in the league and 13-7, 8-12, and 13-7 overall compared to Peebles record of 8-5 league and 15-5 overall?
I definately agree that McDaniels should have been on the team. Im not very enthused with how either(boys and girls) selections turned out.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

I doubt coaches can vote on their own player.

go48
Riding the Bench

Post by go48 »

Congrats to Megan Sword from Fairfield. Megan stepped her game up to be one of the best players in the SHL this year after Riddle tore her ACL in the last scrimmage before the season started.

indians10
Riding the Bench

Post by indians10 »

Come on people,coaches cant vote for there own players.That left 9 coaches that could of voted for shaylin,she only got 6 votes,which means 3 coaches didnt vote for her.What a discrace

thebull
Varsity

Post by thebull »

There are always good players that get left off and personally I can think of at least two more players from Eastern Brown that probably should have made it.

haverightsto
Waterboy

Post by haverightsto »

thebull wrote:There are always good players that get left off and personally I can think of at least two more players from Eastern Brown that probably should have made it.
This is true, as I can also think of at least two more and/or other players from North Adams who might have made the list. I think the problem tho is that their names do not get on the ballot for the other coaches to vote on them!!

indians10
Riding the Bench

Post by indians10 »

Really bull! How many did eastern get on?How many do you think they should get on there entire starting five?I think Peebles finished with the third best overall record,and only got one.LOL eastern won one more game than Peebles did,so put ur entire team on lol what a joke.McDaniels was atleast in the top 10 players in the shl and she doesnt make it yea right.Haverightsto,Peebles beats NA,wins more games,and you get two on,and you think more should make it?Peebles beats lynchburg,they get two on.Players with a lot less ppg,i mean alot less makes it and shaylin doesnt,seems fair to me.Everyone knows there are always players,that probably should make it,and dont,there are only so many spots,so it is limited,but i think this is one of a different case,there should of been no doubt that she should of made it.Something is fishey here,someone had a problem,and made sure she didnt make it.

haverightsto
Waterboy

Post by haverightsto »

indians10 no I am not saying NA should have gotten more than what they did, I'm saying that there was one if not two other girls who IMO deserved to be voted on but did not get that option because of the girls that "the coach" put on the ballot! And I'm saying that I DO NOT BELIEVE that McDaniels name was even on the ballot and therefore NO ONE got to vote for her and I think that stinks!!!!!

Goldbond
Waterboy

Post by Goldbond »

I would tend to agree with haverigtsto, my feeling is that she probably never was nominated. But the only way to find out, would be talking to one of the coaches who attended the meeting, not Peebles' coach. Any coach would say he nominated the "player" to try and save face from this situation. Just my one cents worth on this matter!

indians10
Riding the Bench

Post by indians10 »

Did you read my post where i stated the Peebles coach called me and told me that he put her name up?That 3 coaches out of the 9 that could of voted for her didnt?If u think the coach has lied to me,then you can think what you want.I know that he told me just the way it was,and for some reason some of the coaches didnt vote for her,and there is no way that should of happened.There are always players on the bubble,that could make it,but numbers catch them and there are just so many that can make it,but there is no way this is the case.She is def one of the top 10 players in the shl this year,and she did not get enough votes.

Return to “Girls Basketball”