Washington County Basketball

efarns
S

Washington County Basketball

Post by efarns »

This thread is just to talk about what a great year it's been for Washington County's girls teams. Three teams won their conferences and two others had winning campaigns. Which team do you think is the best? Who is going to go the furthest in their tournament? Any chance we'll see Marietta and Fort Frye hook up next season? Why do you think we have so many good teams in such a small area right now?

hiabuckeye
Freshman Team

Re: Washington County Basketball

Post by hiabuckeye »

I think Warren, Marietta, Waterford, and Fort Frye all won or tied for league title didnt they??

Kerinon
Freshman Team

Post by Kerinon »

I was just thinking today what a bang up year it is for Washington County girls' basketball. I thought we had four teams still moving forward (Fort Frye, Marietta, Warren, Waterford) out of just five high schools in the county! As an area of the state that regularly gets overlooked, these young women and their coaches have certainly proved their worth this year! Continued success to all.

ssbball
Freshman Team

Post by ssbball »

For what it's worth the 5th school got knocked out by one of them. (Belpre losing to Waterford) In my opinion Belpre was probably the 4th best team out of the 8 that were remaining starting Saturday. A shame they had to play the best team in Sect. Final. If you look at the girls who work in the off season (AAU etc.) each of the 5 teams had atleast 1 or more on them. Off season counts. Keep up the good work Washington County gals and make us proud with some long runs thru the tourney!!!

91raider97bobcat
JV Team

Post by 91raider97bobcat »

I know they didn't have a good year, but the folks up at Frontier still are a part of Washington County...

Kerinon
Freshman Team

Post by Kerinon »

OMG I'm so sorry to have overlooked the Lady Cougars! I know a couple of them and definitely had no intention to leave them out!!! I even counted on my fingers and toes and still screwed that up! Again, sorry!!

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Dawson is the best player but FF is the best team. 1.FF 2.Waterford 3.Marietta 4.Warren 5.Belpre 6.Cougars

The Wizard
Freshman Team

Post by The Wizard »

Keep drinking the cool aid my friend

efarns
S

Post by efarns »

I'm actually not sure about Warren. Did they end up winning a share of the SEOAL?

While Waterford did beat Marietta a couple of times recently, I wouldn't put them above the Lady Tigers this season.

Schnellfritz
Varsity

Post by Schnellfritz »

I think Warren lost only to Logan and beat Jackson twice. That made 1 loss in the SEOAL and Warren won it outright.

The Wizard
Freshman Team

Post by The Wizard »

efarns wrote:I'm actually not sure about Warren. Did they end up winning a share of the SEOAL?

While Waterford did beat Marietta a couple of times recently, I wouldn't put them above the Lady Tigers this season.
Waterford and Marietta split in Sina Kings senior year. Have not played for last two years.
Not sure anything back of that matters as those kids are gone. If we are talking about current teams. Marietta did beat warren three times this year

lookingglass
Waterboy

Post by lookingglass »

Even though the Warren girls lost to Marietta three times this season, I believe the Lady Warriors may be a little stronger right now due to Tiger injuries. With that said...next year should be phenomenal. The nucleus of all these teams pretty much return.

hiabuckeye
Freshman Team

Post by hiabuckeye »

Ladiy Warriors won the league out right.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Yea FF went 4-0 vs Waterford,Rosecrans,and Warren and are 6th in the state.

Phoenix
JV Team

Post by Phoenix »

i think waterford will lose a bunch next year with emily brown gone and i believe brooke drayer. not sure what other seniors are on the team, but those two are huge factors.

Kerinon
Freshman Team

Post by Kerinon »

Brooke Drayer, Waterford, is a Junior. :)

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

kerinon wrote:Brooke Drayer, Waterford, is a Junior. :)
Wouldn't be real surprised if Hannah Brown just steps right into her sisters shoes ... Waterford doesn't lose players or re-build - they just re-load .... with sisters none-the-less ... lol

I mean, how many years can one program have the same family running the point? It seems every time I turn around there is a different Drayer girl running the show ... Are there any more or is Brooke the last of em?

:mrgreen:

Kerinon
Freshman Team

Post by Kerinon »

Just one more Bulldog! LOL She will be a freshman next year.

Phoenix
JV Team

Post by Phoenix »

my apologies.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

kerinon wrote:Just one more Bulldog! LOL She will be a freshman next year.
Geeeeez - you have to be kidding ... Was the spacing of the children intentional or what? I mean, how do you plan such a thing ... lol ...?

Return to “Girls Basketball”