Waterford (20-3) vs Eastern (16-5)

Who wins?

Total votes: 0

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Waterford (20-3) vs Eastern (16-5)

Post by 93Bulldog »

My as well through this game out their ... Another district title on the line.

What makes this rivalry so great is EVERY TIME they take the floor - there is something on the line ... With their domination over the Hocking Division, every time they face each other during the season its basically for a league title per say ... And then they square off in the post season in a 1-and-done situation ... Crazy!

Super trooper
All State

Re: Waterford (20-3) vs Eastern (16-5)

Post by Super trooper »

I hate to see these two teams always having to put one another out of the tourney. I guess some Waterford fans were saying how easy of a game it would be for them. I doubt the Waterford players are thinking the same thing. Lets see if Eastern can match Waterfords intensity and win this one. Ill take Eastern by 3

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Eastern by 4....congrats

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Ironman92 wrote:Eastern by 4....congrats
Congrats ... lol ... Does this mean the game will not be played I92?

Darn it, I really like going down to Jackson - now I have to find something else to do next Saturday night.

hoopitup
Freshman Team

Post by hoopitup »

Don't know why any Waterford fan would think this game would be easy. These two teams have a mutual respect for each other. I think Waterford fans, as well as players, know this game will be tight. There is no reason to think otherwise. It's just a shame that one of these two teams has to be eliminated.

rickoshay
SEOP

Post by rickoshay »

Me thinks Waterford will bring the victory, and bragging rights back to the Wolf Creek, and Muskingum River area.

ssbball
Freshman Team

Post by ssbball »

Yea I hate to pick it but I will take Waterford by less than 10. Will be a great game with 2 very good teams and coaches. Like to see Eastern win it but it will be tough. Alot of expereince on Waterford. Plus they have Brown and Drayer.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

I agree with hoopitup ... I sooooooo hate to see either team lose! I've grown to really like both teams - each for different reasons ... I mean, it has to happen sooner or later - I just wish the set-up was like last year and they both could win district titles.

ARCH NEMESIS
Waterboy

Post by ARCH NEMESIS »

Hard to beat the same team three times in one season. Portsmouth Clay actually did a pretty good job on Brown and Drayer, holding them to 23 points combined. If Eastern can do that, they will advance IMO.

hoopitup
Freshman Team

Post by hoopitup »

Sorry to disagree but Portsmough Clay did not HOLD Drayer and Brown to anything. They did what they wanted, when they wanted. Waterford barely pressed. Just so happens there were four other Waterford players in double digits as well. Drayer only played a couple minutes in the 4th qtr b/c of an injury. Both Brown and Drayer got plenty of rests and Waterford used their bench, but if you want to believe that they were HELD to a combined 23 points then OK.

Super trooper
All State

Post by Super trooper »

Calm down there hoopitup

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

hoopitup is kind of right ... I was wanting ManitoDan to see Waterford first hand - and was kind of disapointed he didn't get to see the 'real' Wildcats Saturday ... I believe it was Emily Brown sitting after the game with ice on her ankle - so I'm not sure if both her and Drayer were banged up - or if hoopitup got the players mixed up ... One thing is for certain - both Waterford and Eastern looked to be 'going through the motions' Saturday ... Waterford more so than Eastern even.

It will be very interesting to see how these two teams react when they face off against each other next Saturday ... It becomes a totally different game when the player you are guarding is just as talented and quick as you are ... I'm anxious to see the girls at the top of their game, being challenged throughout and having to step up on pretty much every possession.

hoopitup
Freshman Team

Post by hoopitup »

Brown- ankle
Drayer- wrist
hope all is ok with both by next Saturday

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Thx for clarifying.

I updated http://trivalleyconference.com/ to feature Saturday's game.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

13 votes for Waterford
only 3 for eastern

* Nobody must take stock into what I92 has to say, huh?

:mrgreen:

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

I was at the local Larosa's watching my beloved Ky Wildcats til 1;30 that day, missed Waterford VS Clay --- but dont say anything against Clay , they get real touchy .... LOLOLOLOLOLOL MD
Eastern was pretty dang good. nice size on the inside. talented player in Burkette (sp ?) hopefully the winner of eastern/waterford goes to state. bad news for us down here in the SOC is knowing our road to regionals goes thru 4 soph's at Eastern -- yuck. MD

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

I've been informed by a few Waterford 'insiders' that their 8th grade team may be the best group of players they've ever had ... lol ... It's not going to get any easier for awhile MD.

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

we aim for state in softball , and will the next few years .

Super trooper
All State

Post by Super trooper »

And Easterns 7th grade went 18-1 this year so talent isng going to be lacking there either

rickoshay
SEOP

Post by rickoshay »

The game was tonight correct? If so who won, and score please.

Return to “Girls Basketball”