Fort Frye Cadets

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Fort Frye Cadets

Post by EasternDspy »

Well it is finally the Sr yr for 3 very talented players at FF.Taylor Bucannon F 5-11 a 1000 point scorer she has a really good outside game.Also gets to hole with ease.Sometimes you wish she was alittle stronger but she's great.Deidra Combs 6-0 Sr F/C not a real post player but she does all the dirty work.She cleans up around the basket and has improved outside game. Morgan Leidtke SR G a pure shooter that broke state record for percentage with over 50 percent. Brooke Borich PG JR the teams best defender and ball handler.Meghan Leidtke 6-1 So C she reminds me of David Robinson. Shawntell Parsons JR F another girl who plays great defense and has a nice offensive game.They have stepped up the schedule playing Eastern,Parkersburg South,Waterford,St Joe Prep,and Wheeling Park.Its good because they dominate by 30 plus every league game.

fightingtigers45
S

Re: Fort Frye Cadets

Post by fightingtigers45 »

David Robinson? She must be very good.

I coached Combs at the OHSBCA Top 100 Showcase. Absolutely great kid to be around. Played very hard and was extremely coachable.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Like she's big and rebounds very well haha.

bball4evr
JV Team

Post by bball4evr »

Is Combs really 6'0? If so she has grown the last year or two.

BASKET12
Waterboy

Post by BASKET12 »

Charlie, You need to get the facts straight. Don't be posting inaccurate information about players when you don't have the facts. There was nothing you posted that is true. If you would like to meet with the coach I am sure he would be happy to set the record straight. Furthermore, I don't know where you bought your tape measure but none of those kids have the height you are boasting. You don't even have the positions posted correctly, let alone know their strenghts and weaknesses. Please do the Fort Frye girls a favor and do not post anything about their team.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

1.I will post whatever I want... 2.I have no idea what heights they are I was just guessing by what they appeared to me. 3.I know they play a post/Wing/Pg offense but I was compairing them to what wost teams play.Forward/Wing same thing Post /Center same thing.I have watched these girls many times and I can post my opinion I dident say anything bad. 4.If you have problem with me act a respectful person and say it to my face that is all.

MC Noles SportsFan
Freshman Team

Post by MC Noles SportsFan »

If your not sure of the heights, why even guess? I agree that most are off.
My suggestion would be stick to the boys team, you seam to follow them a little closer.

Good Luck Lady Cadets, you've been a fun group to watch these past few years and I'm looking forward to this season.

MC Noles SportsFan
Freshman Team

EasternDspy wrote:Well it is finally the Sr yr for 3 very talented players at FF.Taylor Bucannon F 5-11 a 1000 point scorer she has a really good outside game.Also gets to hole with ease.Sometimes you wish she was alittle stronger but she's great.Deidra Combs 6-0 Sr F/C not a real post player but she does all the dirty work.She cleans up around the basket and has improved outside game. Morgan Leidtke SR G a pure shooter that broke state record for percentage with over 50 percent. Brooke Borich PG JR the teams best defender and ball handler.Meghan Leidtke 6-1 So C she reminds me of David Robinson. Shawntell Parsons JR F another girl who plays great defense and has a nice offensive game.They have stepped up the schedule playing Eastern,Parkersburg South,Waterford,St Joe Prep,and Wheeling Park.Its good because they dominate by 30 plus every league game.

Just a quick question EasternDspy, Morgan Leidtke SR G a pure shooter that broke state record for percentage with over 50 percent.
What State record was this fieldgoals, 3 pointers ??? I know it's not free throws.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

3 point percentage

fighting_falcon
Freshman Team

Post by fighting_falcon »

what was the percentage?

uptheriver
Waterboy

Post by uptheriver »

Think you are mistaken. Liedtke did not break three point percentage record her sophomore yr, Bucannon has not scored 1000 points although she was first team all ohio last year, and combs is no where near 6' more like 5'8" or 9"

MC Noles SportsFan
Freshman Team

uptheriver wrote:Think you are mistaken. Liedtke did not break three point percentage record her sophomore yr, Bucannon has not scored 1000 points although she was first team all ohio last year, and combs is no where near 6' more like 5'8" or 9"

I'm guessing that he was just guessing on all these stats as well as the girls heights, not sure why anyone would post stats and information unless they were pretty sure they were correct.

efarns
S

Post by efarns »

Fort Frye's team is definitely not going to sneak up on anybody. Their biggest opponents will be complacency and senioritis.

marklane
JV Team

Post by marklane »

Congrats to Taylor Buchanan on accepting a full ride scholarship to play basketball at D2 Palm Beach Atlantic University in West Palm Beach, FL. She definitely put the time in an earned the scholarship she is receiving. :-D

rickoshay
SEOP

Post by rickoshay »

Lady cadets play home opener tonight vs Caldwell.
JV's tip off at six.

Cadets very good at defending the Fort :122245

rickoshay
SEOP

Post by rickoshay »

The Cadets came out hot tonight, with all five starters scoring in the first three minuts to take the early lead 11-0.
Final score, Cadets 76 Caldwell 18.
Caldwell team missing two starters with injuries.

Fort Frye Jv's also won 60-12. Four Freshmen played about half the game for the Cadets.
The future looks bright at the Fort :122245

J8fusl
Freshman Team

Post by J8fusl »

According to the tip off Combs is 5'11", he was right about Buchanons height. Also if paper is correct she is a 1000 point scorer. averaging 15.6 ppg and has played atleast 65 games, that comes out to 1,014 pts (unless she has been injured or you don't count tourny games)... the 3 point percentage is not a posted record on OHSAA, but last i heard she was close with about 2 games to go... the only big blunder was Megan Liedtke, as she is posted at 5'10" not 6'1". He also left out the Hupp girl, who started in the preview. Just some food for thought as you throw stones at EDSpy...

rickoshay
SEOP

Post by rickoshay »

The Lady Cadets travel across 339 to take on the always tough Lady Warriors tonight.

Tipoff for jv game is 6:00. Varsity 7:30.

fighting_falcon
Freshman Team

Post by fighting_falcon »

J8fusl wrote:According to the tip off Combs is 5'11", he was right about Buchanons height. Also if paper is correct she is a 1000 point scorer. averaging 15.6 ppg and has played atleast 65 games, that comes out to 1,014 pts (unless she has been injured or you don't count tourny games)... the 3 point percentage is not a posted record on OHSAA, but last i heard she was close with about 2 games to go... the only big blunder was Megan Liedtke, as she is posted at 5'10" not 6'1". He also left out the Hupp girl, who started in the preview. Just some food for thought as you throw stones at EDSpy...
I would not put much stock in the paper and what they list as heights or records. Most of what they get is from last year on what the coach sends on a roster and we all know how kids can suddenly grow when it is time for programs and rosters.

J8fusl
Freshman Team

Post by J8fusl »

Yes, but what the paper puts as a height comes from an official roster. Just saying you shouldnt call spy a liar for matching the official roster, and matching the paper. Also this is a forum... if you come here for whole truths then you need more education pertaining to credible sources.

Return to “Girls Basketball”