SOC II

Ukfanatic
Varsity

SOC II

Post by Ukfanatic »

Can someone break down the SOC II for me this year. Been watching SOC I and my daughter moved to Waverly this year. Just curious as to who is loaded. Is Oak Hill still the class of the league or are they finally running out of talent. I have heard South Webster is absolutley loaded but young. Thoughts and predicitions appreciated.

sportsfanatic3
Waterboy

Re: SOC II

Post by sportsfanatic3 »

South Webster definitely has some talent coming through. With good young talent, and some experienced juniors/seniors, this could be a very successful season for the Jeeps.

jeep80
Varsity

Post by jeep80 »

South Webster's Jr. High teams were pretty awesome last year. I got a chance to watch them and they looked like Juniors and Seniors playing against Jr. High kids.

Can't remember which class last year was stronger, the 8th grade or 7th grade, so the incoming Freshmen may be able to help the High school team this year.

Regardless, in about 2 years Sourth Webster's High School team will ba a FORCE in girls Basketball.

I've seen a lot of girls basketball over my 30+ years of watching High School athletics, and the girls program at South Webster will be in great shape for the next 5 or more years. They are LOADED!

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

how is Minford ?

Black Panther
SEO

Post by Black Panther »

ukfanatic wrote:Can someone break down the SOC II for me this year. Been watching SOC I and my daughter moved to Waverly this year. Just curious as to who is loaded. Is Oak Hill still the class of the league or are they finally running out of talent. I have heard South Webster is absolutley loaded but young. Thoughts and predicitions appreciated.
I have a PM for you uk.

fightingtigers45
S

Post by fightingtigers45 »

It's Oak Hill's league until someone takes it from them, or even beats them in a conference game.

The main candidate to do so this year will be Portsmouth West. We will know on November 26th if they are ready or not.

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

what sort of point production did OH lose ?

Fundamentals
Varsity

Post by Fundamentals »

They lost three 1000 pt scorers, lol..the top three scorers.. They will still be tough

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

portsmouth is telling folks they beat OH in their scrimmage . I guess the trojans will be tough this year.

ohiostbucks99
Freshman Team

Post by ohiostbucks99 »

i know portsmouth has really improved the last couple years and has two really good players but scrimmages are just that scrimmages...still taking oak hill to win the league, but south webster is loaded with young talent and west is very good also

Tripleplay
Freshman Team

Post by Tripleplay »

After watching previews I'll pick this lineup for the final standings.

1. West
2. Oak Hill (a lot depends on Adkins)
3. Valley
4. South Webster
5. Wheelersburg
6. Minford
7. Waverly
8. Northwest

I think West is my preseason favorite to win the SOC 2. But the #2-7 spots are very close. There is some young talent on many teams. I don't think anyone will get through the league without a loss. Should be a fun, wild, and crazy season! Good luck to all teams and players! I can't wait for the regular season to begin.

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

pretty solid list trip ... If Minford actually finishes that low then the SOC 2 is a dynamite conference this season . I didnt see Webster nor Burg , but Valley looked pretty atheltic with good shooters . It should a very very entertaining year because the league is really deep. . If Oak hill doesnt find some interior game I wouldnt be surprised for them to finish even lower . The stable isnt fulll of the same type horses this year .

Webster pride
Freshman Team

Post by Webster pride »

Well if u watched the previews last night u saw that the league is up for grabs and any of four teams can win it! 1. West 2. SW 3. OH 4. Valley

Fundamentals
Varsity

Post by Fundamentals »

West will be the team to bet with Leader, the key against them is making Leader play both ends. And can the other kids step up when they have to. Don't see Leader hitting 5 three's every game. Offensively she is a beast. Oak Hill lack of post play will hurt them, but when Adkins comes back you will still have the press to deal with. Webster is missing Blanton, another great shooter and can handle and pass the ball as well as play Defense, with the addition to Hall to go with Messer on the wings a very tough match up for the opposing guards. Also Webster's post are so athletic and long, and quick. They have depth this year too. Minford will have the same problem no post play, which no matter what you need to be able to close and protect the lane against other bigs. Valley may be able to match up with Webster at the guard, don't know about their third guard. Burg has to rely on too many younger players, Holhmann will be tough.

1-west
2 Webster/Valley. These two both have a shot to upset West and will be a good game
3 oaks
4 Minford
5 burg. Don't be surprised to see them possibly give West all they can handle, Holhmann could give Leader problems on the def end
6 NW

bluedude62
Varsity

Post by bluedude62 »

Webster
West
Valley
Burg
Oak Hill
Northwest
Minford
Waverly

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

no way in the world NW finishes above Minford. I dont see SW ahead of West either , but with this deep a league anything is possible . should be tons of close games.

Black Panther
SEO

Post by Black Panther »

NW finishes in last this year.

Black Panther
SEO

Post by Black Panther »

Shooterindagym wrote:West will be the team to bet with Leader, the key against them is making Leader play both ends. And can the other kids step up when they have to. Don't see Leader hitting 5 three's every game. Offensively she is a beast. Oak Hill lack of post play will hurt them, but when Adkins comes back you will still have the press to deal with. Webster is missing Blanton, another great shooter and can handle and pass the ball as well as play Defense, with the addition to Hall to go with Messer on the wings a very tough match up for the opposing guards. Also Webster's post are so athletic and long, and quick. They have depth this year too. Minford will have the same problem no post play, which no matter what you need to be able to close and protect the lane against other bigs. Valley may be able to match up with Webster at the guard, don't know about their third guard. Burg has to rely on too many younger players, Holhmann will be tough.

1-west
2 Webster/Valley. These two both have a shot to upset West and will be a good game
3 oaks
4 Minford
5 burg. Don't be surprised to see them possibly give West all they can handle, Holhmann could give Leader problems on the def end
6 NW
Waverly also plays in the SOC 2 the last time I checked.And they will finish above NW.

Fundamentals
Varsity

Post by Fundamentals »

Sorry about that Panther, forgot about them..they will play hard but don't know believe NW and Waverly are even.

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

saw waverly in a scrimmage last night. very young appearing team . I'd guess NW and waverly are close.

Return to “Girls Basketball”