Division IV sectional - Athens

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Division IV sectional - Athens

Post by 93Bulldog »

thoughts?

I know I'm glad to have it return to my backyard ... lol ... last year driving to Meigs got a little old.

updated standings after Jan. 10th games ... http://trivalleyconference.com/Schedules.html

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Re: Division IV sectional - Athens

Post by 93Bulldog »

updated ... Jan. 12th

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

updated after ... Jan 14th

thoughts?

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

The key spot in the seeding seems to be the No. 3 seed - after Eastern and Waterford - who are pretty much locks for the top 2.

Eastern Pike and South Webster I'm sure have their eye on it - but South Gallia (11-3) is making a case for the No. 3 spot as well. If the Rebels were to claim the No. 3, that leaves both Webster and Pike in a bad situation having to play each other to get out of the sectional.

or South Webster/Eastern Pike can claim the No. 3 - and whichever one doesn't - will most likely have to play South Gallia.

Whatever happens, their looks to be 5 teams that are pretty competitive ... so obviously you want to get out of the 4 vs 5 match-up.

run-n-gun
Varsity

Post by run-n-gun »

I believe Eastern Beaver has a record of 12-3.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

fixed it ... thx

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

RECORDS UPDATED AFTER SATURDAY 1/19 GAMES ... http://trivalleyconference.com/Schedules.html

Fundamentals
Varsity

Post by Fundamentals »

SWebster seems to be at a disadvantage playing their conference games vs all D3 teams, the SOC 2, hopefully this gets taken into account during seeding? All their loses seem to have been on the avg 5-6 pts, and 4 loses have come vs burg and Minford, burg is a 1 loss team, and Minfrd 3 losses.

Webster pride
Freshman Team

Post by Webster pride »

Lady jeeps from South Webster RE way better team then Eastern Pike and SOuth Gallia

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Webster pride wrote:Lady jeeps from South Webster RE way better team then Eastern Pike and SOuth Gallia
I was told that last year before I made the trip down to Meigs to watch the sectional tournament ... South Webster barely got past South Gallia winning 64-59 ... and then turned around and got beat by almost 30 in the sectional championship game to Reedsville Eastern.

Now things of course can change and some teams get better and some teams get worse ... but pretty much every player from Reedsville is back from last year - and a lot of the South Gallia girls are back ... I just don't see how South Webster could become "WAY" better in such a short period of time when were talking about similar rosters from a season ago?

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

Webster didn't have Kaci Hall last year...

kingofthegame
Freshman Team

Post by kingofthegame »

Webster pride wrote:Lady jeeps from South Webster RE way better team then Eastern Pike and SOuth Gallia
On paper and in warm ups, the Jeeps talent wise are WAY better, I agree. But, they haven't put it all together to notch some key wins to put them among the elite in the SOC. Hopefully they play like they're capable to prove people wrong, but when the seeding comes down to wins and votes...

Hercules
JV Team

Post by Hercules »

South Webster is the one team that everybody in this sectional tries to avoid!!! SW plays a very good schedule against some very good teams and usually come in around .500 or slightly better!!! But I dont think that they're WAY better than South Gallia or Eastern Pike!!!! And yes I've seen them all play!!!! Reedsville Eastern appears to be a lock at #1 unless they completely self destruct this weekend vs Huntington St Joe (#1 team in WV)...and a good Boyd co KY team. But no matter what are probably still #1. Look for Waterford to be a #2.... the argument will be for #3 South Gallia is 13-4 and SHOULD win the next 3 to go in at 16-4 Eastern Pike was 12-3 a week ago but not sure how they did in the past week.... One of them will be #4 and probably get South Webster!!! Best luck to all!!!

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

UPDATED RECORDS AFTER 1/24 ... http://trivalleyconference.com/Schedules.html

PLEASE POST ANY CORRECTIONS.

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

must be something in the water out to webster that makes their fans think they have a patent on " awesomeness " it gets old .

favabeans
Varsity

Post by favabeans »

MD, what's your hatred toward SW? Seems you never have a nice thing to say about any of their teams.

Are some of their fans over zealous when it comes to discussing their teams? Sure.

Are some fans from other schools over zealous when discussing their teams? Sure.

Every school has fans that may go a bit far so don't make SW the fall guy.

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

no hate digger .. man too much caffeine today ??? wow ... a SW poster low blows Eastern and South gallia .. I took offense because I thought its a goofy statement to say SW is ' WAY BETTER " than those other two schools ... thats all. And yes it is a running theme ON THE SMALL WORLD OF SEOP that SW fans tend to get carried away , you are prob right , outside of here they prob dont have any more over zealous fans than anyone else , but on here a few consistently get carried away ... try decaf ..... MD

favabeans
Varsity

Post by favabeans »

Nope, no caffeine. Just wondering about the comments. It's not the first time you've bashed the jeeps.

Webster pride
Freshman Team

Post by Webster pride »

He cried when SW waxed oak hill twice there year too! Got b good to have someone hate on that much dont ya?

Time will tell!

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

I call out a webster poster who takes a cheap shot at eastern and SG and because of that I hate the jeeps ? aahhhhh big ol no . Eastern is something like 14-3 on the year , no they didnt play as tough a schedule as SW but still pretty good . and SG has a nice record .. so a SW fan says we are " far better " than those two and you want to moan about me being negative ? As far as crying because SW beat oak hill ? ridiculous statement ... cut and paste my comments showing any crying or whining about either of those games .. I might been surprised a team as young as SW got two W's over a pretty experienced OH team but nothing that should be taken as crying. Webster has had a pretty good year . playing in the tougher conference will have them ready for tourny play more than likely . But I do not " hate" SW .

Return to “Girls Basketball”