Symmes Valley's Lady Vikings Coach!!

TRUTH123
Waterboy

Symmes Valley's Lady Vikings Coach!!

Post by TRUTH123 »

I hope the rumor's of Brandon Walker getting replaced is not true because he is the BEST thing that has ever happen to Symmes Valley.

ledoux
Waterboy

Re: Symmes Valley's Lady Vikings Coach!!

Post by ledoux »

Coach walker is a great coach and symmes would out of their mind to not bring him back

Hercules
JV Team

Post by Hercules »

Ol blue has watched many South Gallia/Symmes valley games over the years. I can honestly say that it would be a HUGE mistake to get rid of Coach Walker. Everyone knows that SV is very young but he has them playing hard and very competitive!!! He's definitely better that what they had previously and not sure what they're looking for if they get rid of him!!! But with that being said...if they do get rid of him, they should have several applicants!!

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Is there a Super Dad with a daughter in 8th grade that has won numerous "championships and titles" during summer ball? Aren't they pretty improved from last year? No one is going to care more....and I don't use that term lightly.

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

another voice of support for coach at SV... impartial observer , I think he does a good job . As far as hiring a dad because he has a talented daughter in Jr high ? whole bunch of questions i'd ask before canning a guy doing a good job becuse he has a daughter who can play well. In general if you are going to have a dad as coach then lil suz better be a true stud or it creates more problems than it solves JMHO .

TRUTH123
Waterboy

Post by TRUTH123 »

I'm really not sure of the 8th grader you are talking about but just because you think your daughter is all that doesn't mean her dad can coach thats the problem with the valley it is all politics We need to keep moving forward and not keep taking steps back like I said coach Walker is the best thing thats every happen to Symmes Valley.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

I was just guessing on the 8th grade Dad....who wants him out? Why? Not from the area? Board member's kid not playing enough? Or just a viscious rumor and this thread needs axed.

What's the problem with Walker? Too much passion? Cares too much? What is it?

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Still nothing? Where did you hear this TRUTH? Symmes Valley just going about their business with a 9-11 record, winning the games they are supposed to and are more competitive in their tougher games.

Seriously...not exactly a girls basketball hot bed. Before Walker they hadn't won a league title in 15 years and that being in a weak league.....and being in the weakest district in the state by a longshot hadn't won a sectional in 25 years! For Christ sakes he's young, energetic, passionate, his team and program has improved since he got there. Give him a few years to build it up. No past success but you want them to be even with Waterford and Eastern Meigs. Whoever is wanting him out... Give him time to improve the biddy, Jr high and varsity. Your kid isn't going D1 and Symmes Valley isn't going to the Final 4. Have some freaking patience and give him a couple more years.

They have their best team in several years but now have to worry about this? Awesome. But I imagine they are mentally tough enough to prevail and find a way to finish strong and win at least 1 tournament game.

Pain25
Waterboy

Post by Pain25 »

As far as the dad with the 8th grader goes heard that she was going to chesapeake next year. guess that SV isnt good enough for them. Oh well I think that coach walker has done a good job with ladies this year. No complaints here. T he ladies had a great year and wished they had one more year with the seniors. vary good group of girls. Good luck in tournament.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Pain25 wrote:As far as the dad with the 8th grader goes heard that she was going to chesapeake next year. guess that SV isnt good enough for them. Oh weel I think that coach walker has done a good job with ladies this year. No complaints here. T he ladies had a great year and wished they had one more year with the seniors. vary good group of girls. Good luck in tournament.
Lol....again, I know nothing about SV Jr high but was simply GUESSING.

How would moving the Chesapeake help? Lol

CharlieHustle
All Conference

Post by CharlieHustle »

This would be Symmes Valley's biggest mistake since canning Alvin Carpenter.

kingofthegame
Freshman Team

Post by kingofthegame »

Coach Walker is an excellent, hard working and compassionate person. He also knows basketball and works to improve every day. He knows what it takes to get better and stresses those things to the girls every day. He has started a "program" at SV, not just something to do in the winter time. There's a distinct difference in place already and with the staff he has coordinated from the junior high up, things should improve if he's given the chance to do his job. His style is aggressive and fast paced. Unfortunately, the girls will need time to adjust to that style and get conditioned to the expectations of the system. He has a vision for the program that the negative critics do not. Bring this thread back 2-3 years from now if Walker is given the support he deserves and see where the SV program stands.

TRUTH123
Waterboy

Post by TRUTH123 »

Well said Kingofthegame!!!

Gopher
Varsity

Post by Gopher »

KingoftheGame wrote:Coach Walker is an excellent, hard working and compassionate person. He also knows basketball and works to improve every day. He knows what it takes to get better and stresses those things to the girls every day. He has started a "program" at SV, not just something to do in the winter time. There's a distinct difference in place already and with the staff he has coordinated from the junior high up, things should improve if he's given the chance to do his job. His style is aggressive and fast paced. Unfortunately, the girls will need time to adjust to that style and get conditioned to the expectations of the system. He has a vision for the program that the negative critics do not. Bring this thread back 2-3 years from now if Walker is given the support he deserves and see where the SV program stands.
Great Post !

Seems like I heard a story of another coach with a different vision on a higher level (College) that didn't know if he would make it after the first year. Now they are glad in Durham that they bought into his vision. :lol:

urban buck
Varsity

Post by urban buck »

Hiring a dad cause he has a talented daughter is a big big mistake in a zillion aspects..I got no idea who any of these cats are. It would be disaster.

cornhuskers68
Waterboy

Post by cornhuskers68 »

I dont have any kids playing right now, but i have some grandkids coming up and i am NOT impressed with Walker at all. I read in previous posts about Walker being the best thing that has happened to Symmes Valley and thats ridiculous! Sure they are 9 and 11, but look at the teams thay have beat. None of them have winning records. I have been to most home games this season and i havent been impressed one time. Walker thinks he has the best 5 out there but the way i see it he doesnt. He has 3 upperclassmen with more experience sitting the bench, a senior and a junior that were starters for two years and another senior. Im not saying they are the best but experience and knowing what to expect and how to handle certain situations plays a big part in winning. I think a lot of it is politics and the way i see it he doesnt play to win. He doesnt have a half court offense and just running up and down the floor isnt going to work. The Lady Vikings havent won a league title in 15 years and i dont see it happening with Walker there either.

Troy
Freshman Team

Post by Troy »

Oh here we go seniors are better than freshman and sophomores. Ridiculous anyone bashes someone on here behind a screen name.

Luke Pollard

cornhuskers68
Waterboy

Post by cornhuskers68 »

Must have hit a sore spot. I never said anything about freshman or sophomores? and i NEVER said that seniors are better than them, i was just speaking my opinion like everyone else was.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

cornhuskers68 wrote:I dont have any kids playing right now, but i have some grandkids coming up and i am NOT impressed with Walker at all. I read in previous posts about Walker being the best thing that has happened to Symmes Valley and thats ridiculous! Sure they are 9 and 11, but look at the teams thay have beat. None of them have winning records. I have been to most home games this season and i havent been impressed one time. Walker thinks he has the best 5 out there but the way i see it he doesnt. He has 3 upperclassmen with more experience sitting the bench, a senior and a junior that were starters for two years and another senior. Im not saying they are the best but experience and knowing what to expect and how to handle certain situations plays a big part in winning. I think a lot of it is politics and the way i see it he doesnt play to win. He doesnt have a half court offense and just running up and down the floor isnt going to work. The Lady Vikings havent won a league title in 15 years and i dont see it happening with Walker there either.
Doesn't play to win? Lol Is he only coaching for the status? Lol The huge pay? Seriously, coaches (especially varsity) put in so many hours all year long and in his case he's probably lucky to make $4000.....no way is he not trying to win. Nothing about that makes sense. Only beats teams with losing records? I'll guess since SV hasn't won a sectional in a quarter century that is a staple for their teams....which is my point, give him 2 more years to see. SV has never been a girls power so no need to switch coaches after two years, especially with him being young and they are improving.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

cornhusker68....I did a little research and on the 2011-12 preseason thread for Symmes Valley you seem very complimentary of Coach Walker. You said some nice things. And now he isn't playing to win with starters from last year on the bench.....I'm no detective but it sounds as if someone you know and love was doing well at the time of those posts and is likely one of those girls. I recommend setting up an appointment with the coach. I can't imagine a coach not having several reasons for not playing a senior as much as the previous year. Maybe she's not doing as well as you think. Do you have any stats to back it up? Or are you just going to keep asserting that he is playing not to win?

Return to “Girls Basketball”