Freshman Team

Re: Fairland and West Portmouth Sunday at 4pm convo

Post by smartguy06 »

gotta go with Fairland...they won the one and only matchup this season

West Side Pride
All Conference

Post by West Side Pride »

Great defense being played by West right now, keep it up ladies.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Should be a good one. Fairland should win by around 10....but I'm feeling West in the upset.

How far did Fairland get last year? Did they make it to the regionals?

Sider_PC
Riding the Bench

Post by Sider_PC »

I think that West gets the win here they are coming off of a great game against a conference rival. If they can box out the big girl and be aggressive I think they win by 6.
Go Siders!!!!

playa_44
JV Team

Post by playa_44 »

Said it before the game with Lady Oaks, West can be a dangerous team to play. Ironton only lost by 3 to Fairland. If West keeps Fulks in check and fronts their post player, screen for each other and play with discipline, they beat Fairland. I predict West by 5. Also think they need to work on help defense a little. Great win for West, they could be contenders in the tournament if they want.

earp
S

Post by earp »

If the Dragons play like they did yesterday this will be another laugher.And anyone that was there yesterday knows im right.

ohst#1
Freshman Team

Post by ohst#1 »

k-just fronting stapleton will do nothing for the west def- really, w/the way fairlands been playing as a team its going to b hard for them to get beat. lets examin-if u play fairland man to man- u leave stapleton w/only one girl def her-easy score. u play 2 on her that leaves one of the other 4 open for an easy look---if west heavily guards the post that leaves fulks,stone,perry,riley to hit open looks. if they come out and guard the 3point line that opens stapleton up in the post---so i guess its a matter of the west coach choosing his poison and taking his chances. stone and perry r reaking havoc on def. stapleton had a triple double when fairland played west in reg season and they played her the whole game w/2 players always on her. i stayed and watched the west v oakhill game- west played very well, oak hill was off that game. it was a very entertaining game-oak hill never gave up and i commend them for that. its hard to beat any team when they're playing as a team, and thats whats so dangerous about this tourny-its one and done.

playa_44
JV Team

Post by playa_44 »

ohst#1 why would anyone even bother to show up? Dang, you drank some good koolaid bro. The Dragons are beatable. All teams that have made it into Districts are playing well, that is why they are there, but you are too smart for us all. Heck if Dragons are that good, and I have watched them several times this year, then I expect they all go "pro" and just skip high school!lol. Furthermore, you could say the same about West. Double their high scorer and the others are open for looks(they are all capable of double digit scoring also). Oaks have a great defensive game, they played man Saturday...so it should be a good game, not a laugher..show some respect for other teams. You Fairland folks make yourselves look bad by making such idiotic comments. Any team is beatable on any given day, that is why they play. Don't really have a dog in this fight, but there is nothing worse than good teams being arrogant. Player for player West is as capable as Fairland. Didn't these two teams play each other last year also in the District semis? It was a 4 point game, and West had no seniors.

LadyDragon81
Waterboy

Post by LadyDragon81 »

Chill out playa 44---I would say that our fans are doing what you do for your team and that is be proud of our team. Teams have double and triple teamed Stapleton all season and the result is a 22-0 season for the Lady Dragons. No one mentioned going pro--you did...we are PASSIONATE about our team and proud that this hard working group is peaking at tourney time! The lack of respect our team recieves is amazing. We constantly have to prove we belong and that is frustrating. I spoke with many of the P-West fans and they were very impressed with our effort against Northwest which is more than I can say about your comments. I like KoolAid and I love our chances in this tourney! Also, ohst1 was just stating fact....the Lady Dragons are deep and talented and ranked #2 in the state--beatable absolutely if they don't play as a team sure. Player for player Fairland is deeper and that is fact not arrogance and anyone who knows the game can see it. Yes we played West last year in the Districts too and we have no senior starters this year as well. Should be a great game no one disrespected PWest you just assumed it. If anything you disrespected us as you stated our team should skip H.S. and go pro when no one said that at all. We are proud and fiercly supportive of our team. Go Lady Dragons....BOOM!

West Side Pride
All Conference

Post by West Side Pride »

Should be a great game in Athens this Sunday between to very good teams. I'll stay with West in this one!

playa_44
JV Team

Post by playa_44 »

Yea yea lady, I am responding to the previous two posters comments, so dont go getting all emotional on us now. Good Luck to Portsmouth West team this week. :roll:

local superstar
All State

Post by local superstar »

First want to congratulate PWest on the district semi win. Second, would like to add that I believe they can beat Fairland. Good Luck West should be a dandy.

LadyDragon81
Waterboy

Post by LadyDragon81 »

I too think this will be a great game between two teams--both with marquee players. I just think the lady dragons are the deeper more experienced team in this matchup. PWest is an excellent program with good role players and a fine coaching staff. See ya in athens! :mrgreen:

ohst#1
Freshman Team

Post by ohst#1 »

playa_44 wrote:Said it before the game with Lady Oaks, West can be a dangerous team to play. Ironton only lost by 3 to Fairland. If West keeps Fulks in check and fronts their post player, screen for each other and play with discipline, they beat Fairland. I predict West by 5. Also think they need to work on help defense a little. Great win for West, they could be contenders in the tournament if they want.
what exactly did i post that was disrespectful? i just stated facts. every team is beatable but when teams are playing as a team they are harder to beat. i really dont see what i posted that got u so upset. pw is a good team or they still wouldnt b in it. never said they werent.

ohst#1
Freshman Team

Post by ohst#1 »

playa_44 wrote:Yea yea lady, I am responding to the previous two posters comments, so dont go getting all emotional on us now. Good Luck to Portsmouth West team this week. :roll:
u r the one who got EMOTIONAL and RUDE!

playa_44
JV Team

Post by playa_44 »

I got no response for you ladies at all. :122249

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Would love to see West win, representing the SOC, but I can't see it happening. I'm basing that solely on the District semi's but Fairland looked like a well oiled machine. What's scary is they have mainly everybody back next year. If they don't make a final four run this year they should next.

iam4osu
JV Team

Post by iam4osu »

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Im seeing green........

black76
JV Team

Post by black76 »

I'm seeing orange and black! :122246

Return to “Girls Basketball”