class act by nelsonville player/coach

rocket20
Freshman Team

class act by nelsonville player/coach

Post by rocket20 »

Last night was senior night at wellston high school and they played host to the lady buckeyes. Wellston senior Madison kilgour unfortunately suffered a torn acl last year but was back playing.this year and then unfortunately she suffered another torn acl in the opposite knee this year but she suited up for the rockets last night on senior night. Now obviously she's not.fully recovered and just wanted to be in the game. She started the game ..played a minute or so and was out if the game. As the game was getting late in the fourth it was getting out of hand and she got a.chance to go back in the game...really just for her standing ovation when she came out for the last time but as she sat on the bench her band friends started chanting her name and she got another chance to go in the game. The lady buckeyes knew the situation and weren't guarding her too closely. She was able to get a few 3's off but no luck getting one to go in. Then on her last three nelsonville got the rebound with around 20-25 seconds left...dribbled down the court to run the clock out and I believe the coach asked her point guard to give the ball to Madison. She passed it to her and with like 15 seconds left she dribbled down the court and made a layup as time expired. Madisons emotions got the best of her as well as many in the crowd. I don't know Madison real well but I know she is a good kid and deserved her moment. It was a great moment that I have seen on videos before but to see it in person was awesome. I am just putting this on here more then anything to thank the nelsonville girls and especially the nelsonville coaches. It was a class act all the way.

spartans_fan
Varsity

Re: class act by nelsonville player/coach

Post by spartans_fan »

Class act indeed.

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

Great gesture of sportsmanship. Nice job.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Good stuff

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

We do still have people in the world with class

athens78
All State

Post by athens78 »

Well done.

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

very nice. well done.

Jay Bruce
Freshman Team

Post by Jay Bruce »

Great story and props to the NY coaching staff to allow a young lady to do something she will remember for the rest of her life. Sorry to hear about her injuries she suffered the last two years as well.

bengals01
JV Team

Post by bengals01 »

rocket20 wrote:Last night was senior night at wellston high school and they played host to the lady buckeyes. Wellston senior Madison kilgour unfortunately suffered a torn acl last year but was back playing.this year and then unfortunately she suffered another torn acl in the opposite knee this year but she suited up for the rockets last night on senior night. Now obviously she's not.fully recovered and just wanted to be in the game. She started the game ..played a minute or so and was out if the game. As the game was getting late in the fourth it was getting out of hand and she got a.chance to go back in the game...really just for her standing ovation when she came out for the last time but as she sat on the bench her band friends started chanting her name and she got another chance to go in the game. The lady buckeyes knew the situation and weren't guarding her too closely. She was able to get a few 3's off but no luck getting one to go in. Then on her last three nelsonville got the rebound with around 20-25 seconds left...dribbled down the court to run the clock out and I believe the coach asked her point guard to give the ball to Madison. She passed it to her and with like 15 seconds left she dribbled down the court and made a layup as time expired. Madisons emotions got the best of her as well as many in the crowd. I don't know Madison real well but I know she is a good kid and deserved her moment. It was a great moment that I have seen on videos before but to see it in person was awesome. I am just putting this on here more then anything to thank the nelsonville girls and especially the nelsonville coaches. It was a class act all the way.
In the game between Wellston and Athens Thursday night ( Athens’s senior night) Wellston’s Coach and players
Did the same thing for Athens Olivia Harris who tore her ACL against Alex and will have surgery soon. At the start of the
4th Athens put Olivia in the game and Wellston allowed her to score her last points at Athens. Athens returned the favor
To Madison later in the game. It is nice to see teams and coaches do that in games to show respect to the players and teams.
Thank you Wellston.

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

NY and Wellston coaches are class acts!

Return to “Girls Basketball”