Southeast District Top 10 (1-25-15)

jimmy chipwood
All Conference

Southeast District Top 10 (1-25-15)

Post by jimmy chipwood »

SED Top 10

1. South Webster (14-1) - Best Wins: Wheelersburg by 14, Boyd County by 2, @ Northwest by 43
Losses: @ Wheelersburg by 1

2. Waterford (15-1) - Best Wins: Fort Frye by 11, Fairland by 10, Warren by 13, Southern by 44 & 41.
Losses: Stow by 15

3. Fairland (11-3) - Best Wins: Wheelersburg by 12, Ironton by 6, Athens by 8, @ Logan by 7
Losses: Africentric by 5, Ironton by 5, Waterford by 10

4. Wheelersburg (14-2) - Best Wins: Athens by 1, South Webster by 1, Logan by 10
Losses: @ South Webster by 14, @ Fairland by 12

5. North Adams (15-0) - Best Wins: Southeastern by 16, Fayetteville by 29, @WCH by 15

6. Athens (12-4) - Africentric by 6, @Nelsonville York by 17, @Logan by 19, @Chillicothe by 17, Warren by 17
Losses: Fairland by 8, @ Fairfield Union by 4, Wheelersburg by 1, @Alexander by 1

7. Ironton (10-4) - Best Wins: @ Fairland by 5, Chesapeake by 4, @ Oak Hill by 28
Losses: Ashland by 2 (ot), Africentric by 18, Fairland by 6, Convoy Crestview by 11

8. Logan (14-4) - Best Wins: @Circleville by 4, Unioto by 6, @Bishop Watterson by 13, @Warren by 9, Lancaster by 4, @Fairfield Union by 13, @Marietta by 8
Losses: Wheelersburg by 10, Athens by 19, Fairland by 7, @ Zanesville by 12

9. Greenfield McClain (14-3) - Best Wins: @ Unioto by 2, @ Clinton Massie by 3, @ Alexander by 15, @ Hillsboro by 2
Losses: @ Chillicothe by 1, Jackson by 2 (ot), Chillicothe by 5

10. Alexander (12-4) - Best Wins: Athens by 1, Westfall by 20, @ Minford by 21, Oak Hill by 24
Losses: Greenfield McClain by 15, @ Warren by 21, @ Valley by 10 (ot), @ Nelsonville York by 14

Contenders (In Order)
Nelsonville York (13-2)
Unioto (15-3)
Chillicothe (11-5)
Westfall (15-3)
Circleville (11-4)
Warren (9-5)
Eastern Brown (14-2)
Last edited by jimmy chipwood on Mon Feb 02, 2015 9:03 am, edited 2 times in total.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Southeast District Top 10 (1-25-15)

Post by Ironman92 »

Looks good but I think Waterford has to be #1

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

I think I'd go Unioto over Alexander...but it's close

indianabuck
All State

Post by indianabuck »

If you look at Nelsonville's schedule, they beat a 3 loss West Jefferson team and a 2 loss Fairfield Christian Academy team. They have played a more difficult schedule than people give them credit for. Their season will he decided the next 2 Mondays, At Athens tomorrow and at Alex Feb. 2.

jimmy chipwood
All Conference

Post by jimmy chipwood »

http://www.dispatch.com/content/section ... FirstName=

http://www.dispatch.com/content/section ... FirstName=

West Jefferson and Fairfield Christian's schedules - they are good teams.

Nelsonville's schedule is fairly strong and very respectable! NY is with out a doubt a top 10 worthy team just hard to find a spot right now. The same goes for Unioto.

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

Jimmy, just curious how you do not even have Gallia on your list. They will enter the draw with the best record and probably a 1 or two seed

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Pol Pot wrote:Jimmy, just curious how you do not even have Gallia on your list. They will enter the draw with the best record and probably a 1 or two seed

Who have they beaten? Warren Local handled them twice, Athens drilled them, Logan destroyed them.

jimmy chipwood
All Conference

Post by jimmy chipwood »

Pol, I could be wrong but their record is actually 12-4 with their best wins being Chesapeake by 4, River Valley by 6 & 7, and Jackson by 6! They have been thoroughly beaten by every top 20 (SED) team they have played (exluding chesapeake). Losses at home to Athens by 27, Logan by 25, Warren by 11, and @Warren by 16. I realize those teams are darn good but you still have to be competitive with them. Gallia is having a very good season but their quality wins are a little behind the others.

Ironman, I cant argue with anybody who thinks Waterford is #1 that is why I didnt/wont reply. I realize Fort Frye is a great team but are they really that much better than a team like Boyd County? Honestly, I didnt look up FF's schedule to find out - I probably should have. South Webster won their 3 games this week without much challenge as they beat @Waverly by 33, Eastern Pike by 21, and @Minford by 28.

enigmaax
All State

Post by enigmaax »

jimmy chipwood wrote:Ironman, I cant argue with anybody who thinks Waterford is #1 that is why I didnt/wont reply. I realize Fort Frye is a great team but are they really that much better than a team like Boyd County? Honestly, I didnt look up FF's schedule to find out - I probably should have.
Off the top of my head, Fort Frye was ranked #9 in D3 in the last AP Poll. Their only loss prior to Waterford was to a top D1 (by Ohio numbers) WV school, Parkersburg South. From a couple of sources here and the OVAC website, I know they've beaten 11-4 Linsly twice and 11-4 Frontier. A general note about their program - they went to state in 2013 and are coached by the same 400+ win coach who also took their boys team to state around the turn of the century. They've kind of had Waterford's number the last few years (since Liedtke took over the girls), so it was a huge win for Waterford. (It doesn't matter to me how it impacts your rankings, I'm just providing some info since you didn't know much about them.)

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Athens has 4 loses but right now are probably top 3. They blew Africentric off the court. Started off 3-3, since then, 9-1 with a tough lose at Alexander

1u4
Waterboy

Post by 1u4 »

My question is Chillicothe beat greenfield twice but yet u have them ahead of chilly. Also greenfield got beat by Jackson which is average at best. I only thinking is u think greenfield is better than both of them but got out coached both games by better and that could be very true

jimmy chipwood
All Conference

Post by jimmy chipwood »

Chillicothe is a great team at 11-5. They have excellent wins = MCclain by 2 and 5, Unioto by 4, Hillsboro by 4, Clinton Massie by 12, Bishop Hartley by 17. Only one of those games was on the road. They have lost @ Hillsboro by 14, Athens by 17, Thurgood Marshall by 4, Watterson by 27, and most recently at home to WCH by 4? If Chillicothe doesnt lose to WCH at home they would have moved into the top 10 most likely. There is very little difference between #9 to #16 on list.

Head to Head plays a big component of determining the rankings but is only one factor when comparing teams with multiple losses. If head to head was the only factor than WCH and Hillsboro could say they should be ranked above Chillicothe because after the two head to head games they have the lead in the total score of the two games played. Hillsoboro by 10 points and WCH by 2. Is Greenfield McClain slightly overrated on the rankings - maybe?

Thanks for all the imput. By the way, what happened with the WCH game?

FrodoBaggins
Waterboy

Post by FrodoBaggins »

Jimmy Chipwood is correct, my cavs are not a top 10 team. Yes I feel we are getting better but are still way to inconsistent and have a long way to go before we can be mentioned in the same catagory of those top 10 teams.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Agree with JC on Chillicothe

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Also....everyone's wins over Clinton Massie aren't impressing me as they are a shell of what they've been the past couple years. Like Fayetteville, Eastern Meigs and Jackson. All 4 have compiled plenty of wins and some very good wins, but they are well below what they were.

Hitchbone64
All Conference

Post by Hitchbone64 »

[quote="jimmy chipwood"]Chillicothe is a great team at 11-5. They have excellent wins = MCclain by 2 and 5, Unioto by 4, Hillsboro by 4, Clinton Massie by 12, Bishop Hartley by 17. Only one of those games was on the road. They have lost @ Hillsboro by 14, Athens by 17, Thurgood Marshall by 4, Watterson by 27, and most recently at home to WCH by 4? If Chillicothe doesnt lose to WCH at home they would have moved into the top 10 most likely. There is very little difference between #9 to #16 on list.

Head to Head plays a big component of determining the rankings but is only one factor when comparing teams with multiple losses. If head to head was the only factor than WCH and Hillsboro could say they should be ranked above Chillicothe because after the two head to head games they have the lead in the total score of the two games played. Hillsoboro by 10 points and WCH by 2. Is Greenfield McClain slightly overrated on the rankings - maybe?

Thanks for all the imput. By the way, what happened with the WCH game?[/quote

Thanks for all the great post on girls hoops Jimmy C. Definitely gives me a great insight on the teams in the Southeast District. Lady Cavs are a top 10 team on potential, but still pluggnig along. Hope they can make your season final list. From the Stats sheet, the WCH game came down to the 4th qtr. Blow a double digit lead and WCH shoots lights out in the 4th. I beleive they only missed 1 shot and went 8-12 from free throw line. WCH wins 4th qtr 21-11. Game, Set, Match.

Appleg8
Waterboy

Post by Appleg8 »

I have seen all the teams except North Adams.I think Waterford or Fairland are the two best.

jimmy chipwood
All Conference

Post by jimmy chipwood »

Of all the teams in the rankings Logan might have the best quality wins! Every week I second guess myself after looking at their portfolio thinking that they deserve to be higher in the rankings. Anybody have detailed knowledge of what kind of team they have? Strengths/weaknesses, size, speed, shooting, depth, etc? Bishop Watterson is a great team and they beat them by 13 on the road? Thanks for any imput in advance.

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

jimmy chipwood wrote:Of all the teams in the rankings Logan might have the best quality wins! Every week I second guess myself after looking at their portfolio thinking that they deserve to be higher in the rankings. Anybody have detailed knowledge of what kind of team they have? Strengths/weaknesses, size, speed, shooting, depth, etc? Bishop Watterson is a great team and they beat them by 13 on the road? Thanks for any imput in advance.
Not much depth, only have about 14 girls, not nearly as talented as they have been but they play very hard. they have beaten Watterson I believe 3 years in a row now.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

jimmy chipwood wrote:Of all the teams in the rankings Logan might have the best quality wins! Every week I second guess myself after looking at their portfolio thinking that they deserve to be higher in the rankings. Anybody have detailed knowledge of what kind of team they have? Strengths/weaknesses, size, speed, shooting, depth, etc? Bishop Watterson is a great team and they beat them by 13 on the road? Thanks for any imput in advance.
Logan is playing without the Myers girl this year. That would be a big blow to any team yet Logan is leading the league at this time and have some quality wins. They beat Fairfield Union which beat Athens [a team Logan lost to] They have been in about every game and with Myers and the other girl that chose not to go out I would say Logan could be undefeated right now.

Return to “Girls Basketball”