Any games for Monday 1/12 being changed for OSU?

Jay Bruce
Freshman Team

Any games for Monday 1/12 being changed for OSU?

Post by Jay Bruce »

I remember in other years that OSU has played in National Championships that games -- boys and/or girls -- have been moved to an earlier time that night or moved entirely to a different night. Are there any games that have been changed yet?

athens78
All State

Re: Any games for Monday 1/12 being changed for OSU?

Post by athens78 »

Most games will be over by than but I could see game times moved up but not cancelled.

Bastogne
Freshman Team

Post by Bastogne »

WHY????????????????????????????????

Jay Bruce
Freshman Team

Post by Jay Bruce »

[quote="Bastogne"]WHY????????????????????????????????[/quote]
Because it is OSU and the National Championship game -- figure it out

Bastogne
Freshman Team

Post by Bastogne »

WHY?????????????????????

So, you would have your school change its schedule while also disrupting the lives of the parents, students, fans, and officials simply because of a college football game that will be lucky to start by 9:00pm. The basketball games will be over and you will have time to go eat before the college football game starts. I guess your own sports program is not important. And, yes, I plan to watch the game.

Are you the same one sending out the petition to have school cancelled the next day? Really?

athens78
All State

Post by athens78 »

It's disrespectful to the girls teams or boys if they play. Yes it won't start until at least 9:00 p.m. so plenty of time to get home and watch unless your one of those that has to have 3 hours of build up pregame which is all bull or like to get drunked up which in that case you should just stay home at that point. everything doesn't revolve about Ohio State and shame on any AD that moves games for this.

mglight88
SE

Post by mglight88 »

South Webster at Minford girls basketball game will start at 5 pm with the JV.

Nybucks70-80
Varsity

Post by Nybucks70-80 »

That's great for the parents that work until 5pm!

Jay Bruce
Freshman Team

Post by Jay Bruce »

Just asked a simple question about any high school games that night. Looks like one has been moved up an hour and I've heard others will be also. I guess that wasn't as dumb of a question as some think it was.

RIVERVALLEY09
Riding the Bench

Post by RIVERVALLEY09 »

GO BUCKS!

RIVERVALLEY09
Riding the Bench

Post by RIVERVALLEY09 »

If the game doesn't start till 9:00pm how bout moving the starting time for work the next day to noon?

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

onthefence wrote:If the game doesn't start till 9:00pm how bout moving the starting time for work the next day to noon?
I vote for that one! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Bastogne
Freshman Team

Post by Bastogne »

JayBruce

not a dumb question...because you are right there are some schools that move things for dumb reasons...

the part that is dumb is that they would move the game in the first place

why not move all times to 5:00 or 5:30? why not play all game on non-school nights? why not move the NC game to an earlier time? why isn't it being played on a Saturday night rather than a Monday night? those are the questions that should be asked! besides, it's just a girls game, right?

athens78
All State

Post by athens78 »

Maybe it's hard to get officials if they move them up to 5:00 or 5:30? They all normally have regular jobs.

toast
All State

Post by toast »

Ok I'll bite. The starting time for the JV game should be moved up or the games should be moved to another night. Preferably move the high school basketball games to another night. This is ONE game out of an entire season that spans over 20 games! Most people want to see watch the football game and even some pre-game. The away team will miss out if something isn't done. Adjusting one game is not being disrespectful to anyone. It's simply acknowledging the reality of the situation.

Ohio State being in the National Championship game is a BIG DEAL to most people. And this only happens every decade or so. Heck maybe only every couple of decades. lol This has nothing to do with it being a girls game. I would have the same opinion if it were a boys game being changed. And I have daughters that play high school basketball and play Monday night. Do the right thing…..adjust the time or better yet move the game to another night.

I'll bet many of the players would like to spend the evening watching Ohio State play Oregon with their family and friends and enjoying this special occasion.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Last winter I attended a game that was moved up for the B1G Championship Game...the gym was packed and the game was played very cleanly. Then, because I didn't really care about the football game, I went to another area game that hadn't been moved up (also was a big game for early in the season) and the gym was maybe 35% full between 2 schools that have both had a lot of recent success. People want to watch the football game and would be willing to miss one HS game to see the national championship and that isn't being disrespectful to the girls at all. If it was a boys night, I'd be willing to bet there would be a lot of games moved up or changed completely.

athens78
All State

Post by athens78 »

Again getting officials that early goid be a big probably and now that teams have lost a game or two they have to find days to make those up also. Most people will be home in time for the game.

WIROJason
Waterboy

Post by WIROJason »

The Ironton-Portsmouth girls game will tip off at 5:30. This will be a varsity-only game, no JV game Monday.

thebearupthere34
Freshman Team

Post by thebearupthere34 »

Belpre and South Gallia girls got moved up as well. 5 o clock Jv start time

outsider
Freshman Team

Post by outsider »

why move up or cancel. the game starts so late it wouldn't make much difference. besides usually the second half is the best part of the game.

Return to “Girls Basketball”