Varsity

Eastern( Reedsville ) @ Ironton St. Joe

Post by Nybucks70-80 »

Who wins this one?

Super trooper
All State

Re: Eastern( Reedsville ) @ Ironton St. Joe

Post by Super trooper »

Easterns first test. I've been most impressed with the defense all year. Lets see how they handle their first road game.

sportsfan
JV Team

Post by sportsfan »

Ironton St. Joseph 43 Eastern 39.

RIVERVALLEY09
Riding the Bench

Post by RIVERVALLEY09 »

Ironton St Joe has really recruited themselves a good team. Our own Hunington St. Joe. Yeah!

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Congratulations Lady Flyers, nice win.

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

onthefence quit crying. St Joe is very small and I know for sure the group they have now has been together for years . Actually they took quite a few lumps growing up so quit raining on their success . esp since you dont know what you are talking about.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

ManitouDan wrote:onthefence quit crying. St Joe is very small and I know for sure the group they have now has been together for years . Actually they took quite a few lumps growing up so quit raining on their success . esp since you dont know what you are talking about.
I agree..........

Frank Reagan
Varsity

Post by Frank Reagan »

ManitouDan wrote:onthefence quit crying. St Joe is very small and I know for sure the group they have now has been together for years . Actually they took quite a few lumps growing up so quit raining on their success . esp since you dont know what you are talking about.
You said a mouthful, ManitouDan. Two thumbs up to you, Sir.

Frank Reagan
Varsity

Post by Frank Reagan »

onthefence wrote:Ironton St Joe has really recruited themselves a good team. Our own Hunington St. Joe. Yeah!
I would love to know your definition of recruiting, onthefence. Of the 7 girls that played last night for SJ, three have been together since Kindergarten, one moved back to town with her parents in 2nd grade (mother a SJ grad), two came from Holy Family as freshmen, (a SJ feeder program since Holy Family closed its high school in late 80's) and one transferred in as a sophmore and sat out sports her sophmore year, per OHSAA guidelines.

Recruiting? I think not. Give these girls some due. They have a nice bunch of girls that took a few on the chin three years ago and now have a nice team.

St. Joe and Notre Dame are not the typical Catholic schools like the big powerhouses of Cincinnati, Cleveland, Columbus, Youngstown, Toledo and Canton. They are very home grown programs and have most of their kids that came through the system. Sure, there are kids that are not Catholic, but like the Catholic parents that choose these schools, it is for reasons that are not sports related for the most part. Family-like atmosphere, discipline and Christian values are just a few of the draws of these two schools. If you look at the enrollment of these two institutions, it isn't like students are breaking down the doors to get in. These schools are small, close-knit communities and it is a shame when someone takes an unnecessary and uninformed pot shot at them for recruiting.

Go Flyers and Go Titans.

The Flying Dutchman
Varsity

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

Ironton St.Joe recruiting girls team that's classic :lol: :lol:

RIVERVALLEY09
Riding the Bench

Post by RIVERVALLEY09 »

Oh. So three are home grown. Feel much better. My apologies.

Frank Reagan
Varsity

Post by Frank Reagan »

By my calculation, that's 6/7 that are as homegrown as you can get. Holy Family kids have been coming to SJ since 1987. 27 years. 27!!! Those two aren't recruits and home grown by anyone's (except your) standards. Some high schools, public and private, have more than one feeder junior high program. The one has been with them since 2nd grade and her mom is a SJ GRAD and teaches in the SJ Elementary school, who moved away with her hubby for work before settling back at home. Again, as home grown as you can get.

Recruiting? Sour grapes make for sour wine or is that whine? Geez, would you like a little cheese with that whine? :lol:

Get over it. Crawl back under your rock and enjoy your whine, Otis. :lol:

RIVERVALLEY09
Riding the Bench

Post by RIVERVALLEY09 »

X and O . You proved my point . Parents choosing yoru school. Not for sports (wink wink)

RIVERVALLEY09
Riding the Bench

Post by RIVERVALLEY09 »

Sorry. I meant YOUR. My parents couldn't afford me one of em private school egemecations.

anderson2012
JV Team

Post by anderson2012 »

Who the hell cares? If ISJ was going 0-4 no one would say a peep. But now that they're 4-0 the alarm is being sounded. I bet ISJ's basketball team is full of Diana Taurasi's and Katie Smith's that live 50 miles away from the school! :aaaaa26

Good luck Lady Fliers and Lady Titans!

MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

Coach Miller has been building this team over several years and has done a fine job!

RiverRatRay
SEOPS HOF

Post by RiverRatRay »

Hey St Joe how many of your 12 graduating Seniors did you recruit last year. That is about as funny as you can get and I don't care who you are. You really know all about that huge school onthefence. LOL That is the biggest laugh I've had on this board since we started it back in 2000. You got beat, suck it up and take it like a man. This school is the smallest playing basketball school in the State of Ohio. One other fact is there was only one school, regardless of class, who beat them in GPA for a girls basketball team. They do have what is considered a very large graduating class this year as they have 24 Seniors. They will dropped off again next year. The Junior Class I'm told is not very large. I know for a fact they only had 5 girls on the JV's and they won that game also. One of their JV's is out due to an injury. Wonder how many of those 5 they recruited. LOL Did anyone say how many players they have on their varsity, how about 7. ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!!

Frank Reagan
Varsity

Post by Frank Reagan »

And there the truth comes out; onthefence, doesn't like private schools at all and thinks by the nature of their existence and the parent's ability to pay (more specifically his parents inability to afford him a private school egemecation), private schooling equals recruiting. Complete and utter hogwash. Onthefence has just shown his ignorance and prejudice. Nuff said, end of conversation, period.

RIVERVALLEY09
Riding the Bench

Post by RIVERVALLEY09 »

All I'm saying is how to the "smallest schools" compete? What do they do if they don't recruit? Is it a pope thing?

The Flying Dutchman
Varsity

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

When nothing else works play the "Pope" card :lol:

Return to “Girls Basketball”