Jackson @ Warren

jacksonfan13
Riding the Bench

Jackson @ Warren

Post by jacksonfan13 »

League play so soon? Awful scheduling this year. Game # 2.. at Warren. Going to be a tough one for the ironladies. Green played well along with Jenkins. Look to see a few more ironladies step up. Would like nothing more than to see them beat Warren on their own turf. Hope this game ends up like it did for Ironladies vs Warrior SOFTBALL :122245

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Jackson @ Warren

Post by Ironman92 »

I'd rather play them early as opposed to late. I know Jackson will continue to improve but why not have a tough road came early in the season to see where you stand?

86LancerLover
Freshman Team

Post by 86LancerLover »

Beat down #2 commences on Tuesday! Jackson will have no answer for the swarming physical defense of Big Blue!

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Physical defense....

God forbid they just play basketball. I'd rather puke than watch everyone beat the crap out of everyone and they call nothing but give countless nothing fouls on shots near the basket.

Nybucks70-80
Varsity

Post by Nybucks70-80 »

A little premature to anoint Warren the best team in SEO.

jacksonfan13
Riding the Bench

Post by jacksonfan13 »

Bandit sounds awful sure of himself. Must be Cousins from Marietta, or Mitchem. :122245 You can always count on a physical game at Warren. Always a lot of pushing ans shoving that never gets called by the refs there. Most generally you take on 8 rather than 5 there. Remember 2 years ago....

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

nybucks70-80 wrote:A little premature to anoint Warren the best team in SEO.

That from another thread?

Nybucks70-80
Varsity

Post by Nybucks70-80 »

Ironman92 wrote:
nybucks70-80 wrote:A little premature to anoint Warren the best team in SEO.

That from another thread?
Yes - the Alexander/warren thread.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Well that means a lot lot less than last year.

hiabuckeye
Freshman Team

Post by hiabuckeye »

When Waterford is healthy they are gonna be a handful. It's always amazing when a team loses it the referees fault. League assigns them. Whine to them!

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

It would be great to have an actual thread of conversation.

Jackson is very young on experience and scoring could be an issue. They will play incredibly hard but must also play smart to win double digits this year. They will surprise some people but probably also have some growing pains. Several role players last year need to be legitimate and solid starters. Kacee Jenkins is the only player with good varsity experience and especially in crunch time. She will have to step up her game and be a leader in the post. Freshman Rebecca Green looked very fluid jumping right into her first varsity experience....a fun player to watch and does things very well.

Just 1 game in it's hard to say too much, but it's silly to have the back and forth jibberish. Both schools are proud with good kids that play hard and two good coaches. Warren IMO is the team to beat but Jackson will arrive on cue and play their tails off.

A good early test for Jackson on the road....Coach Walburn wouldn't want it any other way.

athens78
All State

Post by athens78 »

According to my ref buddies with the new mandate from OHSAA and emphasis on fouls there will be no physical defense just foul outs and tons of foul shots. OHSAA wants all hand checks, arm bars, two touch hands called automatically. I'm assuming we'll be in for an Elks free throw shooting contest all year if the officials follow this.

hiabuckeye
Freshman Team

Post by hiabuckeye »

athens78 wrote:According to my ref buddies with the new mandate from OHSAA and emphasis on fouls there will be no physical defense just foul outs and tons of foul shots. OHSAA wants all hand checks, arm bars, two touch hands called automatically. I'm assuming we'll be in for an Elks free throw shooting contest all year if the officials follow this.

Had 49 called at Warren by a really good crew. Hard to get any game flow going. However, kids and coaching will have to adjust. Jackson 92 always has good posts. Thnx!

chsballn
Freshman Team

Post by chsballn »

In what scrimmages I've seen so far, the refs are calling pretty close, but in one scrimmage game it was a plain out football game, I thought at anytime I might see a ref give a first down signal. Let's all hope they let the kids play but play by the rules and not like bulldozers or muggers.

This will be a good game for both Jackson and Warren to see how they pair up early in the season. I saw 4 games at the Paint Valley Classic, Jackson being one of the games. The Freshman, Green is already making a impact. I was told Jackson didn't play all that well in scrimmage against River Valley but played well against Huntington Ross and Miami Trace. I always find that fans see the game one way and coaches who know what they are looking for out of scrimmages see it in a whole different perspective. It all depends on what they are looking for out of team work or a single player.

Anyone watching SOEAL games this year should enjoy them, as it looks like they might be a thing of the past very soon.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Between the Lines wrote:In what scrimmages I've seen so far, the refs are calling pretty close, but in one scrimmage game it was a plain out football game, I thought at anytime I might see a ref give a first down signal. Let's all hope they let the kids play but play by the rules and not like bulldozers or muggers.

This will be a good game for both Jackson and Warren to see how they pair up early in the season. I saw 4 games at the Paint Valley Classic, Jackson being one of the games. The Freshman, Green is already making a impact. I was told Jackson didn't play all that well in scrimmage against River Valley but played well against Huntington Ross and Miami Trace. I always find that fans see the game one way and coaches who know what they are looking for out of scrimmages see it in a whole different perspective. It all depends on what they are looking for out of team work or a single player.

Anyone watching SOEAL games this year should enjoy them, as it looks like they might be a thing of the past very soon.
Yeah....definitely won't be seeing any SOEAL games in the future lol.

Coaches want to see different things from different scrimmages....parents often base it completely on the score of each session all the while the coach is seeing how certain mixtures of players work together on the court.

mhs95_06
S

Post by mhs95_06 »

athens78 wrote:According to my ref buddies with the new mandate from OHSAA and emphasis on fouls there will be no physical defense just foul outs and tons of foul shots. OHSAA wants all hand checks, arm bars, two touch hands called automatically. I'm assuming we'll be in for an Elks free throw shooting contest all year if the officials follow this.
Call a foul a foul and make the players and coaches adjust. Don't soften the calls, they will adjust!

hiabuckeye
Freshman Team

Post by hiabuckeye »

Sorry, I meant Ironman92 in my reply about the good posts.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

hiabuckeye wrote:Sorry, I meant Ironman92 in my reply about the good posts.
I got it...thanks.

I gave myself a sticker.

hiabuckeye
Freshman Team

Post by hiabuckeye »

Safe travels to Vincent tonite.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

End of 1