DII Southeast District

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

DII Southeast District

Post by 93Bulldog »

After Jackson graduated a lot of seniors, who will be the teams to beat in 2014/2015?

I figure Athens will be strong. They lost a great player in Hannah Debruin, one of their centers in Mikala Perry - and also Elyse Lutz, who started at shooting guard next to Doseck. But they return a lot of good players as well.

What other teams in D2 are expecting strong seasons this winter?

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Re: DII Southeast District

Post by danicalifornia »

I'm not sure if they have the depth to make a serious run, but I'd look for Unioto to be very strong again this winter. They lost a heartbreaker to Miami Trace in the sectional finals, 34-32. The Lady Shermans went 18-5 last season, losing twice to MT, Jackson, McClain, and Bishop Hartley. They only lose 2 seniors, but both did play big roles last season, 6' Tori Cox was 2nd team All District and 1st team All SVC, while Halle White was a solid guard whose leadership and tenacity will be missed.

They do return the Overly sisters, Alexis and Taylor. Alexis was SVC POY, while Taylor was outstanding, especially late in the season. They also return a pair of 6'1 bigs in Hannah Nelson and Caroline Thiel. Coach Miller has some very athletic role players back as well. They will be big favorites to repeat in the SVC and I believe will make big strides from a year ago.

86LancerLover
Freshman Team

Post by 86LancerLover »

I have to go with Warren. Seen them in their summer league and they are really starting to come along. Added a good one to their staff who happened to bring a player with her as well.

jacksonfan13
Riding the Bench

Post by jacksonfan13 »

TheBarlowBandit wrote:I have to go with Warren. Seen them in their summer league and they are really starting to come along. Added a good one to their staff who happened to bring a player with her as well.
warren always seems to buckle when it comes to big games..look over the past several years. Against Athens, Logan, Jackson, Marietta. And come tournament time wheels always fall off. They may do well in seoal play.. but not sure on overall record. To many hands in the pot with coaching. Amy, mitchem, and the cousins from Marietta. Amy needs to buckle down and take the reigns from mitchem. He may be ok for statistics but his ways are old fashion and he can't help build the program warren is capable of. Hope they do well. Good luck this season Lady Warriors!

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Lol

86LancerLover
Freshman Team

Post by 86LancerLover »

Big Blue has dumped one assistant and added a mother daughter combo from Fort Frye that will put them over the top!

nickle back
Freshman Team

Post by nickle back »

Chillicothe should have enough to make a run at districts, they return some nice players and have some young kids ready to contribute.

Softball 7
Riding the Bench

Post by Softball 7 »

Does anyone have contact information for coach at Warren? Looking to set up scrimmage.
Thank You and GOD Bless

gobrowns
Freshman Team

Post by gobrowns »

What school is looking to scrimmage Warren?

FrodoBaggins
Waterboy

Post by FrodoBaggins »

nickle back wrote:Chillicothe should have enough to make a run at districts, they return some nice players and have some young kids ready to contribute.
nickle back.... on paper that statement seems true but unless our seniors step up and take ownership of this team, the "should have" will not be enough. With that being said our summer workouts went very well and the staff could see the light bulb start to "flicker" within the majority of the girls. Another big key (as for any competitive team) is that we have to find a way to keep our girls on their feet and healthy.

bellyoption
Freshman Team

Post by bellyoption »

Any truth to the rumor of the Dawes girl moving to Unioto to play basketball and softball? I think she would fit in good.

Xtoxxviii
All State

Post by Xtoxxviii »

bellyoption wrote:Any truth to the rumor of the Dawes girl moving to Unioto to play basketball and softball? I think she would fit in good.
That would be a huge surprise.
I give zero credence to the rumor.

Would she have to sit out 1/2 the regular season games of both sports?
I can't see giving up 1/2 your senior season but I didn't see the Hall boy leaving Trace either.

She would be a good fit at the U
But my money says she is Cavalier Blue through and through.

bellyoption
Freshman Team

Post by bellyoption »

I agree, it would be a stretch. Just heard it from someone I was talking to at church. Seeing if anyone else had heard anything.

dawescpa
Riding the Bench

Post by dawescpa »

Bri is a Cavalier.

jacksonfan13
Riding the Bench

Post by jacksonfan13 »

Bandit.. Who did Warren dump as assistant?

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

jacksonfan13 wrote:Bandit.. Who did Warren dump as assistant?

Chris Murray

Fundamentals
Varsity

Post by Fundamentals »

If Coach Beard keeps the Cavs improving and playing Defense the way they were doing it in a scrimmage I watched then they could be trouble in the tourney...

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

Chillicothe will be very tough, very athletic and getting better every day.

86LancerLover
Freshman Team

Post by 86LancerLover »

Pol Pot wrote:
jacksonfan13 wrote:Bandit.. Who did Warren dump as assistant?

Chris Murray

Yes Murray was let go and is at Belpre now, and they brought in assistant and her daughter who is a player from Fort Frye.

gobrowns
Freshman Team

Post by gobrowns »

Warren does not have a new player from Fort Frye this year.

Return to “Girls Basketball”