Athens (25-1) vs West Holmes (25-0) - Zanesville

Post by 93Bulldog »

Tuesday March 4th - 8:00pm

thoughts?

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Re: Athens (25-1) vs West Holmes (25-0) - Zanesville

Post by Raider6309 »

Saw west Holmes play Hartley last year. They aren't tall except synder. She's a 6'2 guard going to notre dame of Ohio. Philo got within 14-12 but was down 17-12 at half and west Holmes pulled away in the second half.
Last edited by Raider6309 on Sun Mar 02, 2014 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

I hope the dogs win!
GO TVC!

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

Snyder is going to Ashland! That's a far cry from ND. Correct me if I'm wrong but Ashland is DII, Miami Trace post player Is signed with Cancius which is DI and Poe is DI as well. Is Snyder not that good? Rest of team that good?

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

I saw it was notre dame of Ohio. West Holmes ppl didn't say Ohio lol. I also thought they won state last year, shaker heights has dominated d2 girls basketball for past 3 years. Synder was the best player I saw last year. Only one game tho, 27pts and 20 rebounds while double teamed against Hartley

hopefully doseck goes off for 30

pitt87fan
Freshman Team

Post by pitt87fan »

West Holmes has been runner-up the past two seasons and have quality players at all positions and will be good for the foreseeable future. Their schedule is also one that has prepared them for this game. They have seen players better than doseck this season.
One thing is that all it takes is a bad qtr at this point. Athens has to hope it plays better than it has all year and West Holmes has off night.

Also Ashland has been a national power the past few seasons in d2 with the help of another local girl from Riverview. If you under estimate Synder because she is going to Ashland that may prove a big mistake. I look for WH to spread the floor with shooters and let Synder handle the ball and get to the rim. She also goes to the offensive glass better than most.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Poster/Ad made for the Athens-West Holmes game ... https://www.facebook.com/tvcohio

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

pitt87fan wrote:West Holmes has been runner-up the past two seasons and have quality players at all positions and will be good for the foreseeable future. Their schedule is also one that has prepared them for this game. They have seen players better than doseck this season.
One thing is that all it takes is a bad qtr at this point. Athens has to hope it plays better than it has all year and West Holmes has off night.

Also Ashland has been a national power the past few seasons in d2 with the help of another local girl from Riverview. If you under estimate Synder because she is going to Ashland that may prove a big mistake. I look for WH to spread the floor with shooters and let Synder handle the ball and get to the rim. She also goes to the offensive glass better than most.
Yes, they are great ... 25-0 is no joke ... everyone knows that.

Athens will head to Zanesville and play hard, they won't back down just because WEST HOLMES is written across their chests - and lets let the chips fall where they may.

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

I never said she was not a good player, just corrected the person who said she was going to ND. And yes Ashland has been very solid DII program, but they are not ND. And Athens has played against several DI players themselves this year.

Maybe Athens should just forfeit now? It would save them the embarrassment of being the best team in DII of the Southeast District.

pitt87fan
Freshman Team

Post by pitt87fan »

Pol Pot wrote:Snyder is going to Ashland! That's a far cry from ND. Correct me if I'm wrong but Ashland is DII, Miami Trace post player Is signed with Cancius which is DI and Poe is DI as well. Is Snyder not that good? Rest of team that good?
Pol Pot wrote:I never said she was not a good player, just corrected the person who said she was going to ND. And yes Ashland has been very solid DII program, but they are not ND. And Athens has played against several DI players themselves this year.

Maybe Athens should just forfeit now? It would save them the embarrassment of being the best team in DII of the Southeast District.
Master of the obvious, ND is what 2 or 3 latest poll.

Looks like you were comparing her to others and asking if she is any good?

Outside of the 2 players from Jackson who else did they face? Someone else in TVC ?

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

3 out of state matchups likely had a few D1 girls

pitt87fan
Freshman Team

Post by pitt87fan »

Ironman92 wrote:3 out of state matchups likely had a few D1 girls
Likely? It was stated like there were several. Yes I believe the exact word was several.

Unfortunately we don't know how good some of those teams were. I have played against several "really good" teams at team camps through out the south and my experience is once in a while they live up to their billing.

Falcon Fan
Riding the Bench

Post by Falcon Fan »

Snyder is better than Poe and the Miami Trace post, I would guess she had D1 offers but just chose Ashland instead. Having said that Athens has 2 big girls that can at least try to contain her. West Holmes can beat you several different ways and I think the biggest key for Athens will be to handle West Holmes pressure. Last year Fairfield Union stayed with West Holmes for a half and if they could have rebounded better could have been up by about 6 or 8 at half instead of down 8. Athens should be alot better on the boards then Fairfield was last year. My guess is that West Holmes will try to get the ball out of Doseck's hands and really pressure the rest of the team, if Athens can handle the press I think they can keep it close and if they keep it close going into the 4th quarter than West Holmes might feel the pressure. Good luck to Athens rooting for you here in Falcon land.

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

The girl from Miami Trace was a DI signee, two from Jackson and the 6'5" post from Hamden Hall make 4 which would qualify as several. Hamden Hall is also 21-3 at the current time. The girl from Logan is going DII.
Last edited by Pol pot on Tue Mar 04, 2014 7:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Power 105
All Conference

Post by Power 105 »

This game will be on 970 WATH, 97.1 FM and 970wath.com as well as the free 970 WATH app.

pitt87fan
Freshman Team

Post by pitt87fan »

Pol Pot wrote:The girl from Miami Trace was a DI signee, two from Jackson and the 6'5" post from Hamden Hall make 4 which would qualify as several. Hamden Hall is also 21-3 at the current time. The girl from Logan is going DII.
I know Marietta College is expecting the girl from Logan to attend Marietta. That would be D3.

So 4 games out of 25 makes several. Just getting a baseline here.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

It won't matter who has played who when the ball is tipped.
Heart, Hustle, Disapline and great coaching is what will make the difference in this game......
Everyone knows the Dogs aren't favored, but I wouldn't count them completely out.
GO LADY BULLDOGS!
GO TVC!

mray23
All Conference

Post by mray23 »

would like to hear this one but I'm headed to the Clinton-Massie (AP #3) vs Kettering Alter (AP #2) regional semi game. Good Luck Athens.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

West Holmes 11
Athens 4
end of 1

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

West Holmes 26