Re: 2/22 SCORES

Post by Eagle82 »

Eastern 91
Notre Dame 35 Final

Onthefence
Freshman Team

Post by Onthefence »

Wow! I knew EM was good. Didn't know ND was so bad.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

justthefacts wrote:Wow! I knew EM was good. Didn't know ND was so bad.

They made it to the district semis....they aren't as good as last year but they were better than a lot of the teams in the NW sectional.

We have to remember how good EM is...they hammered a good D1 school....beat Jackson at Jackson by 22.

Onthefence
Freshman Team

Post by Onthefence »

Ironman92 wrote:
justthefacts wrote:Wow! I knew EM was good. Didn't know ND was so bad.[/q

They made it to the district semis....they aren't as good as last year but they were better than a lot of the teams in the NW sectional.
I could not agree more about EM. I really think they can win it all today. Its just I work with people who talkvup the SOC 1 teams year after year. And every year they get beat pretty bad in the tournment. i e. Last year against SW. Before that new boston had a couple of good years but could never make it past SW. The best thing to happen to the Northwest sectional was Peebles and North Adams dropping down this year. Now there is finally someone in that sectional to challenge Waterford or SW. But no one can run with EM this year.
We have to remember how good EM is...they hammered a good D1 school....beat Jackson at Jackson by 22.

Onthefence
Freshman Team

Post by Onthefence »

Sorry bout that. Old computer .

Lovetheroundball
Riding the Bench

Post by Lovetheroundball »

Clay 53
Eastern 49

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Nothing But Net 1 wrote:Clay 53
Eastern 49
Clay the only NW sectional team to advance....enjoy it

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

justthefacts ---pretty low class shot to take at ND , playing 3 girls with no varsity experience untl this season , , played a 5 man rotation all year .. but anyway EM is that good , they smoked a bunch of teams badly, so no need at all to say " ND was that bad " .... EM is way better than when we saw them two years ago . Congrats to EM , hope you win it all and to Clay for their win against Eastern . Clay was up 15 or so at the half but had a awful 3rd Q , almost allowed Eastern to come back .

Onthefence
Freshman Team

Post by Onthefence »

ManitouDan wrote:justthefacts ---pretty low class shot to take at ND , playing 3 girls with no varsity experience untl this season , , played a 5 man rotation all year .. but anyway EM is that good , they smoked a bunch of teams badly, so no need at all to say " ND was that bad " .... EM is way better than when we saw them two years ago . Congrats to EM , hope you win it all and to Clay for their win against Eastern . Clay was up 15 or so at the half but had a awful 3rd Q , almost allowed Eastern to come back .
not meant as a lowe shot. "Just the facts" even the best SOC1 team is not the same caliber of a Waterford or Webster or now North Adams or Peebles. Apples and oranges. Don't get me wrong it would be hard run the table during the regular season and then get spanked by the 3rd or 4th best team in the other league. SOC 1 = apples. SOC 2 ,TVC, OVC=oranges.

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

Waterford , webster , NA, and Peebles doesnt have a thing to do with Eastern Meigs and ND ... ND finished 3rd in the league , so wherever you are getting this " best SOC 1 stuff " and " run the table " crap I dont know. Eastern meigs has spanked a ton of teams this year . Running down ND after a big loss shows what a classless jerk you are . You hate ND ? whatever , you get your kicks from running down a HS team ? sad

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Peebles and North Adams are SHAC schools

Onthefence
Freshman Team

Post by Onthefence »

ManitouDan wrote:Waterford , webster , NA, and Peebles doesnt have a thing to do with Eastern Meigs and ND ... ND finished 3rd in the league , so wherever you are getting this " best SOC 1 stuff " and " run the table " crap I dont know. Eastern meigs has spanked a ton of teams this year . Running down ND after a big loss shows what a classless jerk you are . You hate ND ? whatever , you get your kicks from running down a HS team ? sad
You could say I was running down the entire SOC 1. Lets agree ton one thing. Apples and oranges and pineapples. This year Eastern Meigs are pineapples. They r in a league of their own.
My point was that when u got SW moved to the Meigs sectional and before North Adams and Peebles dropped down, there were no legit teams in the Northwest sectional. Just SOC1 teams that only had a shot to make it to district final if they could beat each other.

Lovetheroundball
Riding the Bench

Post by Lovetheroundball »

Clay may not give Eastern Meigs a good game but IMO there is not any other teams in the district that they could not beat. There only losses the year were:
At Valley- 12-5 Division 3. Clay led in 4th quarter.
At Piketon 13-4 Division 3. Close game
At South Webster: in other District finals Division 4. #11 for Clay 1st game back after illness and limited. Leads team in most offensive and defensive categories.
Eastern Pike x 2.

Fundamentals
Varsity

Post by Fundamentals »

Does everyone remember where Eastern Meigs played their last game last year? Lol, there is a reason they are ranked in the state, they have one if the top players in the state. Clay is on a great run and every team has a shot to win at the tip off. That's why I love the tourny. But Meigs barely lost to Hntington St Joe and beat Jackson, they are truly legit. ND had a great season, specially losing wat they lost. Kudos to JD and the Lady Titans. Clay has to play like Villanova back in 84, (date?) darn near perfect. Good luck to the Panthers and Coach White.

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

[quote="Nothing But Net 1"]Clay may not give Eastern Meigs a good game but IMO there is not any other teams in the district that they could not beat. There only losses the year were:
At Valley- 12-5 Division 3. Clay led in 4th quarter.
At Piketon 13-4 Division 3. Close game
At South Webster: in other District finals Division 4. #11 for Clay 1st game back after illness and limited. Leads team in most offensive and defensive categories.
Eastern Pike x 2.[/quote

So, you are saying that there isn't many teams in the district that could beat this 5 loss team? And, the Webster game was at Clay, and it wasnt close. Im not saying Clay is a bad team by any means, but to say there aren'y many teams they couldn't doesn't really fit in my opinion. Especially in a weaker conference and losing 3 of the 6 non conference games. Just sayin.

Return to “Girls Basketball”