MANY disappointed with seeding order?

old-timer
Freshman Team

MANY disappointed with seeding order?

Post by old-timer »

HOW CAN THIS BE CHANGED?... I have been a head coach at the Varsity level in BASEBALL, SOFTBALL, AND BASKETBALL.. AND have experienced the same frustration..
Here is what I would suggest and like to see Southeast District Board go back to:

Until the Southeast District Board realizes , "WHEN COACHES VOTE ON THE SEEDING AND THE BRACKET IS PREDETERMINED--You won't get a FAIR seeding and bracket BECAUSE coaches know where they can seed teams to play who they would like. It has been this way ever since they went to the NCAA style. "HELLO! They have a COMMITTEE that VOTES SEEDING, NOT the COACHES that are in the tournament." GO back to when they voted on #1 & #2 seeds, then all other seed are voted and THEY CAN PICK WHERE THEY GO ON THE BOARD, BASED ON WHAT SEED THEY WERE PICKED, ---- Many coaches would vote more fair, because if you picked a better team a lower seed, THEY may choose to come play you right off the bat... Go back to that format and see how it balances back out... THIS HAPPENS BIGTIME IN BASEBALL & SOFTBALL, but not as often when the format was different...

Any other thoughts?

transplant
SE

Re: MANY disappointed with seeding order?

Post by transplant »

I agree, it is a terrible way to do things. You have teams from the same conference ganging up on other conferences, and its just not fair. I really dont know what would work better or anything. But, why can't the computer system they have for football work? You get points for wins and strength of schedule and whatever else is accoutned for, the numbers will rank you accordingly. I know some teams will have a lower number based on conference schedules, and they cant help if their conferece is weak, i get that. But this is just an idea, it may not work either, but something needs to be done.

sinjinian
Freshman Team

Post by sinjinian »

I think a computer system would work if it works in football.... or a designated panel of people should seed them like the NCAA tourney

Big Jake
Riding the Bench

Post by Big Jake »

Follow the Central district model! Seed all teams, schools place themselves on the bracket in order they are seeded. Not sure but I don't think you can vote for yourself in central district.

jinks
Freshman Team

Post by jinks »

And when you don't belong to a conference (i.e. St. Joseph), then you are at the mercy of all the other coaches.

Return to “Girls Basketball”