Warren

86LancerLover
Freshman Team

Warren

Post by 86LancerLover »

What is going on with Warren? They have lost 5 in a row! Even losing games at home and that should never happen!

gobrowns
Freshman Team

Re: Warren

Post by gobrowns »

HAVE YOU BEEN TO A GAME?

86LancerLover
Freshman Team

Post by 86LancerLover »

Been to a few, and early in the season there was plenty of chatter about this young group of kids. Quite frankly not seeing it anymore.

The Wizard
Freshman Team

Post by The Wizard »

TheBarlowBandit wrote:Been to a few, and early in the season there was plenty of chatter about this young group of kids. Quite frankly not seeing it anymore.
I think you hit the nail on the head. Young group of kids. Ups and downs. By the way haven't lost 5 in a row and the two losses to Jackson and Athens are to two very good teams. Jackson has 2 girls signed to play at Kent State and Athens is undefeated and ranked 4th. Jackson I think actually gives both Athens and Warren match-up problems and Warren played with Athens the entire game.

Maybe you are one of the typical parents trying to stir things when you or your kid doesn't get their way?

BannersnRafters
Riding the Bench

Post by BannersnRafters »

u guys are on the right track thinking-wise, they lost the top 5 or 6 plyrs from last year, only 2-3 girls returning saw any significant PT, basically they started with an entirely new roster top to bottom, young may be an understatement, just like with any young bball team who had a huge turnover yr in their roster.... trying to figure things out and where everyone fits into the scheme, recently tho it seems theyve started to turn the corner even though it may not show in the W-L columns, playing more confidently (less 2nd guessing, pausing, etc.), if I know those group of girls and the coaches around them theyll keep trending upwards and could be a tough out come tourney time this yr. and use that as a positive going forward into next year and beyond, as they say..always easier and exciting to talk about the potential future of a team but in reality when ur in the thick of things it doesnt seem as glamorous.......young, hard-working, improving and eager to learn and succeed is best way to describe this group of young ladies right now, all ingredients that translate to success in the future

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Quite the sentence

gobrowns
Freshman Team

Post by gobrowns »

I have been to many Warren games this year and have seen my share of ups and downs. Even with losses the last 5 games our players are making great strides forward. I see some bright futures in our program. We have some great families working behind our players. We lost 5 seniors last year with 3 players to college sports. Brought in some hard working sophomores and a freshman to are core group of seniors and juniors. We are hoping for a strong finish to the season.

rickoshay
SEOP

Post by rickoshay »

Warren beat Marietta 48-47 at Marietta tonight with a buzzer beater by Victoria Buzzard.
Congrats to the Lady Warriors.

Troy
Freshman Team

Post by Troy »

Good win for Warren.

Did the coach for Warren on the end of the bench run around the court jumping and pumping his fists?

rickoshay
SEOP

Post by rickoshay »

RedSolo wrote:Good win for Warren.

Did the coach for Warren on the end of the bench run around the court jumping and pumping his fists?
After the last shot Yes. Why would ask such a question? :122248

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

rickoshay wrote:Warren beat Marietta 48-47 at Marietta tonight with a buzzer beater by Victoria Buzzard.
Congrats to the Lady Warriors.
Buzzard can shoot it....definitely would've tried to make someone else shoot it (as I'm sure Marietta did)....but sometimes that's easier said than done.

Red Solo is obviously alluding to when Cozzens coached Marietta during Dawson's sophomore year(I think) and Marietta drilled a GW 3 at the buzzer and he went running around the court celebrating....but the team was all celebrating together and he was just running around. It's been a while but not many Jackson folks are going to forget that. Lol

I know the Warren coaches would never do that....but a huge rivalry win it sounds like.

Where was the GW shot taken?

86LancerLover
Freshman Team

Post by 86LancerLover »

That's a nice win for Warren! Congrats ladies, job well done!

mhs95_06
S

Post by mhs95_06 »

Between the time Deskins made the lead taking FT at 0:05.0, and Warren inbounded the ball, Marietta used two time outs. The ball came in to Riffle short on the left, who split a double-team, and in doing so she kicked the ball, which I thought would kill too much time even if she got it back. Amazingly, the ball came right back up to Riffle and she passed it to the middle at about 1/3 court, and then it was passed over the top of a Marietta defender who tipped it as it went to Buzzard on the right baseline, who made a quick move and banked in a short shot. I didn't get a good look at the ball in relation to the light on the board going off, but my impression was that the shot was late, until I saw the official on the left side make a definitive call that it counted. I'd like to see a video of that from the same angle as I had which was right behind Riffle and right in line with the pass to Buzzard. It's so difficult to tell with only one look at it.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

mhs95_06 wrote:Between the time Deskins made the lead taking FT at 0:05.0, and Warren inbounded the ball, Marietta used two time outs. The ball came in to Riffle short on the left, who split a double-team, and in doing so she kicked the ball, which I thought would kill too much time even if she got it back. Amazingly, the ball came right back up to Riffle and she passed it to the middle at about 1/3 court, and then it was passed over the top of a Marietta defender who tipped it as it went to Buzzard on the right baseline, who made a quick move and banked in a short shot. I didn't get a good look at the ball in relation to the light on the board going off, but my impression was that the shot was late, until I saw the official on the left side make a definitive call that it counted. I'd like to see a video of that from the same angle as I had which was right behind Riffle and right in line with the pass to Buzzard. It's so difficult to tell with only one look at it.
Interesting....thanks for the detail

BannersnRafters
Riding the Bench

Strange, I heard the ball sat on the rim for an hour before it went in, haha (I wasn't there) That's a solid W against a good Marietta team on the road, no time to celebrate though with game @ Logan Sat.

dave
Riding the Bench

Post by dave »

Still irate over the ending of the Warren vs Logan game. No 1st Horn, No 2nd horn, Music still playing and the ref places the ball on the court and starts counting?????

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

dave wrote:Still irate over the ending of the Warren vs Logan game. No 1st Horn, No 2nd horn, Music still playing and the ref places the ball on the court and starts counting?????
As banners rafters has told us many times, must play through that home field advantage.

BannersnRafters
Riding the Bench

No excuses here, still had chance to stop them and score but couldn't pull through in the end; funny thing about the whole incident is that the ref not only made the quickest 5-count ever, he also wouldn't allow the coach to call TO screaming at the top of her lungs right next to him at scorer's table; THEN he proceeded to almost stick Logan with a 5-count also on same inbounds play...lol

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

BannersnRafters wrote:No excuses here, still had chance to stop them and score but couldn't pull through in the end; funny thing about the whole incident is that the ref not only made the quickest 5-count ever, he also wouldn't allow the coach to call TO screaming at the top of her lungs right next to him at scorer's table; THEN he proceeded to almost stick Logan with a 5-count also on same inbounds play...lol
Banners, for the record I was not saying you were making an excuse, and your post above actually gives me a level of respect for sticking to your words of a few months ago.

dave
Riding the Bench

Post by dave »

Spoke with some of the Logan fans, said this was the last year for Coach Walsh. Any truth to this?

Return to “Girls Basketball”