DIV Sectional/District Tournament

Tripleplay
Freshman Team

DIV Sectional/District Tournament

Post by Tripleplay »

Click link for all the brackets: http://content.clearchannel.com/cc-comm ... 374535.pdf

Now that the match-ups have been determined by the voting of coaches in their respective sectional. What is your prediction? Obviously everyone will have Eastern Meigs, they are just that good. Any chance they could be upset? Who will come out of the other district? Seems to have many good teams on that side of the bracket.

What is your opinion?

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Re: DIV Sectional/District Tournament

Post by Ironman92 »

Whiteoak over New Boston
Peebles over Whiteoak

Waterford of Southern

Waterford over Peebles (great game)

South Gallia over Trimble
Manchester over East

South Webster over South Gallia
North Adams over Manchester

South Webster over North Adams (great game)

Symmes Valley over Miller
Eastern Meigs over SV

Notre Dame over Western
Eastern Meigs over ND

Fairfield over PV
St Joe over Green

Clay over Fairfield (upset beware....North Adams was the 2nd best team and I think Fairfield about 6th)

Eastern Pike over St Joe
Eastern Pike over Clay

Eastern Meigs over Eastern Pike

Dist Champs

Eastern
Waterford/SW.....W must get by Peebles....if they do I think they just beat SW (best game of the entire bracket.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Looks like the TVC and SHAC coaches thought things through.

I think the 2nd-5th best team in the entire district avoided Eastern Meigs.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Three of the 4 district semis should be excellent and the SW/NA vs Water/Peeb winning will be a great District Final

indians10
Riding the Bench

Post by indians10 »

What seeding,wow.NA gets the 3 what a joke,and even more of a joke,Waterford the 4 seed.The entire seeding is a joke.Oak Hill gets the 2 seed,ranked 4th in the sate.

indians10
Riding the Bench

Post by indians10 »

Of course Oak Hill is div 3,but as big of a joke as any.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

indians10 wrote:What seeding,wow.NA gets the 3 what a joke,and even more of a joke,Waterford the 4 seed.The entire seeding is a joke.Oak Hill gets the 2 seed,ranked 4th in the sate.
By my guess.....I bet NA would rather have the 3 than the 2

I guarantee Waterford wanted the 4 over the 3

sinjinian
Freshman Team

Post by sinjinian »

You can argue Oak Hill should be the #1 but McClain is certainly no slouch, losses to Clinton Massie twice-played tough both games, North Adams in OT, Jackson and Miami Trace...they wont be in awe of playing a state ranked team.

indians10
Riding the Bench

Post by indians10 »

Lol,ok what ever you say.It really isn't worth discussing.Some people are so nieve.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

indians10 wrote:Lol,ok what ever you say.It really isn't worth discussing.Some people are so nieve.
To what?

Fairland and Oak Hill....either could've gotten the #1

Greenfield and OH will be an excellent matchup if they both advance that far.

Not sure what the state ranking has to do with it.

indians10
Riding the Bench

Post by indians10 »

Me either,have no clue what a state ranking would mean.They usually mean nothing,there just teams that are picked out of the air.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

indians10 wrote:Me either,have no clue what a state ranking would mean.They usually mean nothing,there just teams that are picked out of the air.
You a Peebles fan? Valley?

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Peebles.....

Well Waterford likely wanting that 4 makes Peebles and Waterford have a tougher district semi....but Waterford is looking no less than a regional berth and if they would've gotten the 3....Eastern Meigs would've been in their way. They were out of the 2 seed race.

Same goes for NA.....they were out of the #1 seed and the 3 keeps them from Eastern Meigs....the 2 does not.

I will agree with you 1,000,000% that the seeding process is awful and coach rig it every single year. I've been in the seeding rooms and they are just shady.

indians10
Riding the Bench

Post by indians10 »

Duh,now you got the message.Why would you keep stepping around my point,when you knew exactly what I was talking about.In an earlier post,you picked Peebles to lose to Waterford,because you know there probably the second best team in the district,yet they get the 4 seed.Friends,Friends,Friends.You also know North Adams is the second best team in the sectional,yet they get the 3 seed.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

indians10 wrote:Duh,now you got the message.Why would you keep stepping around my point,when you knew exactly what I was talking about.In an earlier post,you picked Peebles to lose to Waterford,because you know there probably the second best team in the district,yet they get the 4 seed.Friends,Friends,Friends.You also know North Adams is the second best team in the sectional,yet they get the 3 seed.
Not sure why you are being a bit of a butt

I still say NA is better off in the 3 spot. Where you in the meeting? Did NA do the same thing as Waterford? I don't know but am guessing yes until someone that knows what went on in that meeting.

I do not know that Waterford is the 2nd best but I'm guessing they are slightly ahead of SW and Peebles. Yeah....I picked them due to past tourney experience but I also said (great game)

I THINK (do not know)

Eastern Meigs

Waterford
South Webster
Peebles
North Adams

Eastern Pike

Clay
Manchester
Southern
South Gallia
Fairfield
South Gallia
ISJ
Notre Dame

Western
Symmes Valley

I think any team can beat any team in their group....but would be surprised if they win a game against the group above.

Good Luck to your Peebles girls.

Lightle04
SE

Post by Lightle04 »

I know Notre Dame won both games this year but I'm taking Western in a upset.

Rebelcat
All Conference

Post by Rebelcat »

Ironman92 wrote:
indians10 wrote:Duh,now you got the message.Why would you keep stepping around my point,when you knew exactly what I was talking about.In an earlier post,you picked Peebles to lose to Waterford,because you know there probably the second best team in the district,yet they get the 4 seed.Friends,Friends,Friends.You also know North Adams is the second best team in the sectional,yet they get the 3 seed.

I still say NA is better off in the 3 spot. Where you in the meeting? Did NA do the same thing as Waterford? I don't know but am guessing yes until someone that knows what went on in that meeting.

I do not know that Waterford is the 2nd best but I'm guessing they are slightly ahead of SW and Peebles. Yeah....I picked them due to past tourney experience but I also said (great game)

I THINK (do not know)

Eastern Meigs

Waterford
South Webster
Peebles
North Adams

Eastern Pike

Clay
Manchester
Southern
South Gallia
Fairfield
South Gallia
ISJ
Notre Dame

Western
Symmes Valley

I think any team can beat any team in their group....but would be surprised if they win a game against the group above.

I am just impressed South Gallia has 2 teams! :).

Bottom line is Eastern Meigs by a mile. What a team! I really hope they bring home a state championship!

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

RebelCat wrote:
Ironman92 wrote:

I THINK (do not know)

Eastern Meigs

Waterford
South Webster
Peebles
North Adams

Eastern Pike

Clay
Manchester
Southern
South Gallia
Fairfield
South Gallia
ISJ
Notre Dame

Western
Symmes Valley

I am just impressed South Gallia has 2 teams! :).

Bottom line is Eastern Meigs by a mile. What a team! I really hope they bring home a state championship!
Bonus points for reading.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Whiteoak 49
New Boston 40

Whiteoak moves to 2-17 and moves on to face #1 seed Peebles 18-2

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »