TOURNAMENT DRAW SUNDAY: 2/2

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

TOURNAMENT DRAW SUNDAY: 2/2

Post by 93Bulldog »

Thoughts?

If anyone knows the seeds or has information - please post it when have it.

jinks
Freshman Team

Re: TOURNAMENT DRAW SUNDAY: 2/2

Post by jinks »

What time are the seedings? Good luck Lady Flyers!

beaverlover
SE

Post by beaverlover »

Started at 2pm..should be getting close

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

I know Nelsonville-York got the No. 1 seed in the DIII sectional at Athens.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

BRACKETS ... COMPLIMENTS OF WKKJ.COM ... http://content.clearchannel.com/cc-comm ... 374535.pdf

buckeyedan
Riding the Bench

Post by buckeyedan »

Looks like league affiliations got the best of the votes today. I see a bunch of interesting matchups and actually quite a few upsets more than usual.

Things of note:

1 Seed Rock Hill Fairland over Oak Hill. I assume league votes pretty much took care of this one.
3 Seed Rock Hill South Point over Valley and Burg. South Point will be bounced by Ironton. I bet Doug Graham is licking his chops.
4 Seed Rock Hill Valley vs. Burg... winner is certainly 50/50 to beat Nelsonville. Though Valley is 10 points better team than Burg. Saw that game at Burg and wondered how the hell burg won. Didn't see 15 point win at Valley for Valley.

2 seed Valley Lynchburg over Piketon. I wonder what happened there. Thought Piketon would be 2. I'll go ahead and predict that Portsmouth West knocks off Lynchburg Clay and advances to district play. I did see the box score and West got smacked by Burg, so I hope our girls don't pack it in. Lady Siders are always too tough come tourney time.

2 seed Athens Alexander vs Piketon district Semi could be very interesting. I slightly favor Alex in that game.

5 seed Crooksville vs McClain in district semis. I think that one could get interesting. I look for Crooksville to handle Westfall, though I haven't seen either this year.

6 seed Valley Wellston I look for them to pull the upset and bounce untested 3 seed Athens Belpre.

Predictions:

Nelsonville
Valley
West
Ironton

Valley
Ironton

Valley in district #1

Fairland
Northwest
Alexander
Piketon

Fairland
Piketon

Fairland in district #2

McClain
Crooksville
Oak Hill
Wellston

McClain
Oak Hlil

Oak Hill in district #3

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

West over Lynchburg? It could certainly happen.

I will say that North Adams and Peebles beat West by around 30 and Lynchburg played them much much tighter.

Should be a pretty good game though.

Sportslover
Waterboy

Post by Sportslover »

ZANE TRACE DRAW
1JACKSON
2 MT
3 UNIOTO
4 CIRCLEVILLE
5 WCH
6 HILLSBORO
7 CHILLY
8 LOGAN ELM
9 WAVERLY

PRETTY CUT AND DRY AS ALWAYS IN THAT ROOM. CAN'T WAIT TO TALK TO SOME OF THE COACHES TO SEE WHAT THEY THINK

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

the kid wrote:ZANE TRACE DRAW
1JACKSON
2 MT
3 UNIOTO
4 CIRCLEVILLE
5 WCH
6 HILLSBORO
7 CHILLY
8 LOGAN ELM
9 WAVERLY

PRETTY CUT AND DRY AS ALWAYS IN THAT ROOM. CAN'T WAIT TO TALK TO SOME OF THE COACHES TO SEE WHAT THEY THINK

Looks like one of the easier sectionals to seed.

Jay Bruce
Freshman Team

Post by Jay Bruce »

[quote="TornadoCagers"]Looks like league affiliations got the best of the votes today. I see a bunch of interesting matchups and actually quite a few upsets more than usual.

Things of note:

1 Seed Rock Hill Fairland over Oak Hill. I assume league votes pretty much took care of this one.
3 Seed Rock Hill South Point over Valley and Burg. South Point will be bounced by Ironton. I bet Doug Graham is licking his chops.
4 Seed Rock Hill Valley vs. Burg... winner is certainly 50/50 to beat Nelsonville. Though Valley is 10 points better team than Burg. Saw that game at Burg and wondered how the hell burg won. Didn't see 15 point win at Valley for Valley.

2 seed Valley Lynchburg over Piketon. I wonder what happened there. Thought Piketon would be 2. I'll go ahead and predict that Portsmouth West knocks off Lynchburg Clay and advances to district play. I did see the box score and West got smacked by Burg, so I hope our girls don't pack it in. Lady Siders are always too tough come tourney time.

2 seed Athens Alexander vs Piketon district Semi could be very interesting. I slightly favor Alex in that game.

5 seed Crooksville vs McClain in district semis. I think that one could get interesting. I look for Crooksville to handle Westfall, though I haven't seen either this year.

6 seed Valley Wellston I look for them to pull the upset and bounce untested 3 seed Athens Belpre.

Predictions:

Nelsonville
Valley
West
Ironton

Valley
Ironton

Valley in district #1

Fairland
Northwest
Alexander
Piketon

Fairland
Piketon

Fairland in district #2

McClain
Crooksville
Oak Hill
Wellston

McClain
Oak Hlil

Oak Hill in district #3[/quote]

Good observations and if your division III predictions play out that means all three regional representatives come from the Rock Hill Sectional

Swampfox
Freshman Team

Post by Swampfox »

it is Albany Alexander not Athens Alexander!!!!!

givengo
Waterboy

Post by givengo »

I believe he was referring too Athens as the Sectional, not the school.

unclebob
JV Team

Post by unclebob »

TornadoCagers wrote:Looks like league affiliations got the best of the votes today. I see a bunch of interesting matchups and actually quite a few upsets more than usual.

Things of note:

Predictions:

Nelsonville
Valley
West
Ironton

Valley
Ironton

Valley in district #1

Fairland
Northwest
Alexander
Piketon

Fairland
Piketon

Fairland in district #2

McClain
Crooksville
Oak Hill
Wellston

McClain
Oak Hlil

Oak Hill in district #3
South Point beat Ironton earlier this year. I look for the same this time.

buckeyedan
Riding the Bench

Post by buckeyedan »

That is fine that you disagree. I watched Ironton play Miami Trace to a 7 point ballgame and I know that Trace is 20 points better than South Point. We will agree to disagree. Ironton by 12 in my opinion.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

I think Miami Trace making that ridiculous trip to Ironton is a pretty decent factor. Trace doesn't score a lot of points but they win a lot of games. Hard to say they'd beat SP by 20 for that reason....they might beat them 10/10 times but they aren't one of those teams that worry about margin.

buckeyedan
Riding the Bench

Post by buckeyedan »

SP would struggle to tally 30 against Trace's defense. Not enough shooters and Justice wouldn't be able to score over the big girl for Trace. SP's 2-3 zone would be sliced apart by cutters for Trace. 47-28 SP would be my simulated expert guess.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

TornadoCagers wrote:SP would struggle to tally 30 against Trace's defense. Not enough shooters and Justice wouldn't be able to score over the big girl for Trace. SP's 2-3 zone would be sliced apart by cutters for Trace. 47-28 SP would be my simulated expert guess.

That's not 20.

buckeyedan
Riding the Bench

Post by buckeyedan »

Ok captain

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

TornadoCagers wrote:Ok captain
How much would Miami Trace beat Chillicothe by?

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Miami Trace has held an opponent to 28 or fewer points 3 times.

Once was against Greenfield in a 24-18 game predicated by Greenfield's style of play.

0-16 East Clinton (9-10 Chillicothe beat them 52-7)

And Central Crossing.....last I could find they were 1-10

If they did beat them by 19 or 20....it would be a higher score.

Return to “Girls Basketball”