Thoughts on the SOC1 for 2014 ?

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Thoughts on the SOC1 for 2014 ?

Post by ManitouDan »

after a nice run of success ND will have to rebuild . Lost a big class of seniors and the glue that held everything together , Jen Arnzen . Looks like the league will be a little more experienced , little deeper . Western bring back a nice group , plenty of size also. Eastern has a great athlete in the middle with C Roney. Clay returns a bunch also and will prob be the preseason pick to win the conference . They have at least 4 starters back with lots of size . And SV , if they can stay healthy will be a threat also . I know Clay has a new coach , any other new hires ?

D4hero
Freshman Team

Re: Thoughts on the SOC1 for 2014 ?

Post by D4hero »

This seems to be one of the more wide open leagues I've seen from SOC I in awhile. I think Eastern still has enough to be right in the mix. Notre Dame will be very young so I don't see them making much noise. I see the title being decided by Eastern or Clay

run-n-gun
Varsity

Post by run-n-gun »

I think it will come down to a 2 teams: Clay and Eastern.
Notre Dame lost too much.
Western lost their better players.
Symmes Valley just has no consistency.

Still, any of these 5 teams could finish the season with an SOC title.

Lightle04
SE

Post by Lightle04 »

Western did loose Reader but the Shanks girl (sister to Nick on the boys team) is going to help tremendously . They have great size 4-5 girls 6'0 or taller and excellent guards in Brewster and Shanks. I think it's a 3 team race with Clay,Eastern and Western. Look for Western to physically dominate the paint this year with there bigs. But Eastern with Alley,and the Roney girls will be stiff competition .

Fundamentals
Varsity

Post by Fundamentals »

The Stanley girl moving there from Webster will help them tremendously, a stretch shooter to the 3, can get hot out there, pls 5'9/5'10 guard, rebounds, runs the floor. A big pick up for them. Curly is still the best hard in the SOC 1, and has been healthy for the whole year. Redding and Widdowson will make them a tough combo, Coach White will have em playing tough.

Lovetheroundball
Riding the Bench

Post by Lovetheroundball »

Shooterindagym wrote:The Stanley girl moving there from Webster will help them tremendously, a stretch shooter to the 3, can get hot out there, pls 5'9/5'10 guard, rebounds, runs the floor. A big pick up for them. Curly is still the best hard in the SOC 1, and has been healthy for the whole year. Redding and Widdowson will make them a tough combo, Coach White will have em playing tough.
You forgot to mention the best all around player for Clay. Gilliland. she is 5' 10'. Handles the ball well. Shoots the three as well as anyone in the county. Also blocks a lot of shots and rebounds well.

Lightle04
SE

Post by Lightle04 »

I think the Roney kid from Eastern might be in the running for POY as well she is only a sophomore but is a freak athlete !

Lightle04
SE

Post by Lightle04 »

Well guys I watched Western scrimmage Adena the other day Western is a legit contender. The Woods kid is in great shape and at 6'2 is a real load in the paint but what impressed me was there defense and transition ! They are fast,fast and are huge. The only thing I noticed was some mental errors buy them they are very young mostly freshman and sophomores . But Western won every quarter during the scrimmage.

Jay Bruce
Freshman Team

Post by Jay Bruce »

1. Portsmouth Clay
2. Eastern Pike
3. Symmes Valley
4. Western Pike
5. New Boston
6. Notre Dame
7. Green
8. Portsmouth East

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

after watching scrimmages I'd say the 2-4 slots will be heavily contested , ND has been better than expected in their 3 scrimmages .

Return to “Girls Basketball”