Vinton county lady Vikings 19-20

Dundas
SEOPS

Re: Vinton county lady Vikings 19-20

Post by Dundas »

I love the fact that the only team being talked about on this site is the Vinton County Lady Vikings. Either as a supporter or someone who wants them (or their coach) to fail, you are enamored with them. I love it. Keep it up. It makes for some great reading.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Dundas wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:54 pm I love the fact that the only team being talked about on this site is the Vinton County Lady Vikings. Either as a supporter or someone who wants them (or their coach) to fail, you are enamored with them. I love it. Keep it up. It makes for some great reading.
I'm neither enamored with them, nor do I wish them to fail. Being a Div-2 school from SEO, I'm glad to see them do well during the season, as well as when the tournament starts. I haven't always been around this area to really know how they have done in the past. How far have they advanced into the tournament, if you have a good record during the regular season, and then get a pretty high seed, it is pretty easy at times to win a Sectional Tournament. Have they regularly won at the District Tournament, and the Regional Tournament as well ? Only one more step, the Final Four. I know that in the past few years, that Eastern Meigs, Waterford, and Oak Hill have made the Final Four more than one time, and I think that Eastern Meigs even won the State. I mainly just wanted to know just how far have they ever advanced into the Tournament ?

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

VetteMan wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:03 pm
Dundas wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:54 pm I love the fact that the only team being talked about on this site is the Vinton County Lady Vikings. Either as a supporter or someone who wants them (or their coach) to fail, you are enamored with them. I love it. Keep it up. It makes for some great reading.
I'm neither enamored with them, nor do I wish them to fail. Being a Div-2 school from SEO, I'm glad to see them do well during the season, as well as when the tournament starts. I haven't always been around this area to really know how they have done in the past. How far have they advanced into the tournament, if you have a good record during the regular season, and then get a pretty high seed, it is pretty easy at times to win a Sectional Tournament. Have they regularly won at the District Tournament, and the Regional Tournament as well ? Only one more step, the Final Four. I know that in the past few years, that Eastern Meigs, Waterford, and Oak Hill have made the Final Four more than one time, and I think that Eastern Meigs even won the State. I mainly just wanted to know just how far have they ever advanced into the Tournament ?
We haven’t had the success those other teams have had in the tournament. Last season was the farthest we had gone. We have never won a district title in girls basketball.

vcgrad
All Conference

Post by vcgrad »

Are you from Athens? Reds Fan?

Reds Fan
JV Team

Post by Reds Fan »

vcgrad wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 8:20 am Are you from Athens? Reds Fan?
no I'm from VC

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Dundas wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 7:15 am
VetteMan wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:03 pm
We haven’t had the success those other teams have had in the tournament. Last season was the farthest we had gone. We have never won a district title in girls basketball.
Thank you, I really had no idea as to how much success they have had in the tournament in recent years. Sounds as if there is quite a bit of talent on the team, good luck when the tournament starts, and hope you can not only win a District title, but even advance farther on into the tournament.

vcgrad
All Conference

Post by vcgrad »

Reds fan --are you a teacher??? Says your in Wellston.

Bulldog84
All Conference

Post by Bulldog84 »

vcgrad wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 1:40 pm Reds fan --are you a teacher??? Says your in Wellston.
Why are you so worried about what Reds fan does or where they are from? This is a sports forum and has nothing to do with Reds fans personal life! Dang man!

Stop making excuses and start making things happen!
vcgrad
All Conference

Post by vcgrad »

I was not speaking to you-- you might want to start worrying about Warren.

Bulldog84
All Conference

Post by Bulldog84 »

vcgrad wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 2:06 pm I was not speaking to you-- you might want to start worrying about Warren.
Warren never did worry me!

vcgrad
All Conference

Post by vcgrad »

Maybe Alex?

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Vinton Co- 69
Jackson- 22

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Dundas wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 9:01 pm Vinton Co- 69
Jackson- 22
They play tonight

vcgrad
All Conference

Post by vcgrad »

Go Vikes-----Beat Buckeyes

hawkeyepierce
S

Post by hawkeyepierce »

VCgrad - RedsFan looks like a girl, but did not play for Coach Bentley, he played for Coach Combs and HE is not a teacher.

I love how everyone is ripping on Coach Bentley. HE DOESN'T CARE. He grabs his lunch pail and goes to work. We all can critique the nuances, idiosyncrasies, and philosophy of his approach to the game. BUT REMEMBER, NO ONE KNOWS HIS TEAM BETTER THAN HIM. So, all of you armchair point guards, need to remember, HE IS DOING WHAT HE THINKS IS BEST FOR THE SCHOOL, THE PROGRAM, AND THE TEAM. I have complete confidence in him, because, I know how hard it is to compete, to win, every single night. Some nights, you just don't have it, and some nights, you are beaten by a better team. But as boys of summer, stated, there is more to this than this.

Bulldog84
All Conference

Post by Bulldog84 »

vcgrad wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:05 amMaybe Alex?
Try again!

vcgrad
All Conference

Post by vcgrad »

Sounds like Alex got outcoached again--poor Terry kid--so under used.

vcgrad
All Conference

Post by vcgrad »

Sounds like Alex got outcoached again--poor Terry kid--so under used.

Rusty Shackleford
Freshman Team

Post by Rusty Shackleford »

2/6
VC 70
Wellston 17 Final

I know what's wrong with it. It's a Ford. You know what they say Ford stands for, don't ya? It stands for 'Fix it again, Tony'.
VikingPride
Waterboy

Post by VikingPride »

Ironman92 wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 9:10 pm
Bulldog84 wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 9:04 pm
Dundas wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 8:57 pm

Lady Vikings were struggling from 3 tonight. Still led 49-7 at the half against meigs. It’s a good thing the threes weren’t falling!
I have watched Meigs and I honestly can’t believe you are on here bragging about that. Heck Meigs barely has on kid that can even dribble. VC should have handled them.
Meigs had a girl that played with Cleland, Bartrum and co...she started for them and could really play....but that was 6th grade. She would be a sophomore. She not play or transfer?
You are speaking of Taylor Bartrum, Mike Bartrum's daughter. She is currently an 8th grader, and transfered schools to Philidelphia where her father is a TE's coach for the Philidelphia Eagles.

Return to “Girls Basketball”