Lady Oaks

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Re: Lady Oaks

Post by VetteMan »

I'm pretty sure that the Lady Pirates hit 6 3's in the first half alone, and just about everyone of them were wide open 3's. Burg led 34-23 at the half, and if I'm not mistaken then came out at the start of the 3rd Qtr and hit 4 out of 5 of there 3pt attempts to stretch the lead to around 20pts. It pretty much stayed at that margin the rest of the game. I don't have the stats for the Burg, but I'm pretty sure they had to have hit at least 11 3's for the game. Caitlyn Brisker led the Lady Oaks in scoring with 18pts.

Oaksince59
Freshman Team

Post by Oaksince59 »

Lady Oaks win 63-58. Nice bounce back win. Very entertaining game.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

The Lady Oaks blew an 11pt lead at halftime ( 30-19 ) by being out scored 29-14 in the 3rd Qtr, and trailed the Lady Tigers of Waverly ( 48-44 ) starting the 4th Qtr. The Lady Tigers turned a lot of turnovers by OH in the backcourt into easy buckets, and around the 4 minute mark of the 4th Qtr still had a 4-5 pt lead. I think around the 2 minute mark, OH finally regained the lead and had an 8-9 pt margin with the final score being 63-58. Olivia Clarkson led the Lady Oaks with 22pts followed by Caitlyn Brisker with 21pts.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Waverly just can’t seem to get over the hump to pull out some of these games. No Seniors so hopefully next year they put it all together....

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

smurray wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 9:09 pm Waverly just can’t seem to get over the hump to pull out some of these games. No Seniors so hopefully next year they put it all together....
The Smith girl is a very good player, she not only can score but is very effective off the dribble drive at finding open players in and around the paint for easy baskets. She might at times even be a little too unselfish as far as shooting the ball, as I think she could be scoring a lot more if she desired.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

VetteMan wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 10:44 pm
smurray wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 9:09 pm Waverly just can’t seem to get over the hump to pull out some of these games. No Seniors so hopefully next year they put it all together....
The Smith girl is a very good player, she not only can score but is very effective off the dribble drive at finding open players in and around the paint for easy baskets. She might at times even be a little too unselfish as far as shooting the ball, as I think she could be scoring a lot more if she desired.
Ya, I think she needs to be looking to score more often but is very unselfish.

Oaksince59
Freshman Team

Post by Oaksince59 »

Zoie classic point guard. Very coachable, leader on/off court, plays D and O, unselfish and keeps everyone involved. No doubt her PPG could be higher. Love her assists per game average.

Oaksince59
Freshman Team

Post by Oaksince59 »

Looking forward to the ND at Oak Hill matchup on 1-27.

Oaksince59
Freshman Team

Post by Oaksince59 »

Notre Dame wins 52-43. Lady Oaks led by 8 at the half. Lady Titans battled back with the 3 ball. Proud of the Lady Oaks tonight. Played with a lot of heart tonight.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

The Lady Oaks could not sustain there good start tonight against Portsmouth Notre Dame, as Notre Dame came from a 10 point deficit in the 3 rd Qtr and ended up winning the game 52-43. OH led 19-13 at the end of the 1st Qtr,32-24 at the half, then ND outscored OH 17-6 in the 3rd Qtr to lead 41-38 at the end of the 3rd Qtr. I don't have the stats for ND, but I'm pretty sure that they did hit 6 or 7 3's in the game. I'm also 95% sure that OH did not hit a 3 the whole game. ND has a very good team and are pretty effective with there press and pressuring the ball, that was a big factor in turning the game around in the 3rd Qtr.

Oaksince59
Freshman Team

Post by Oaksince59 »

Lady Oaks win 52 - 36.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

I don't know if payback was in order tonight or not, but that's just about what happened between the Lady Oaks and the Lady Jeeps. The first go around this year at Oak Hill, the Lady Jeeps won the game by a score of 40-29. At the start of the game tonight it looked as if it was going to be another long night for OH as the Jeeps jumped ahead 11-4 early on, but OH started pressing SW and caused a few turnovers that enabled the Lady Oaks to cut into the margin, and even take the lead at the end of the first Qtr 15-13. From that point on the Lady Oaks were able to lengthen there lead at the end of each Qtr down to the final score of 52-36. Leading the way for the Lady Oaks was Caitlyn Brisker with a game high 27 pts, followed by Olivia Clarkson with 15 pts. I don't have the Stats for the Lady Jeeps.

#Girlsrule
Riding the Bench

Post by #Girlsrule »

The Jeeps simply got outplayed. It was a very physical game and the Jeeps weren't getting any calls. It flustered them, and they have to figure out a way to play on. Hats off to Oak Hill. They wanted it. On a separate but similar note, I can not believe that Coach Hale is allowed to call all the refs by name throughout the game asking for calls. Yeah, all coaches talk to the refs, but calling them by their first names or nicknames is incredibly unprofessional. It comes across very bias, and shame on the refs for not stopping it.

kygercreeker
Waterboy

Post by kygercreeker »

Thank you!!

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

#Girlsrule wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 12:14 pm The Jeeps simply got outplayed. It was a very physical game and the Jeeps weren't getting any calls. It flustered them, and they have to figure out a way to play on. Hats off to Oak Hill. They wanted it. On a separate but similar note, I can not believe that Coach Hale is allowed to call all the refs by name throughout the game asking for calls. Yeah, all coaches talk to the refs, but calling them by their first names or nicknames is incredibly unprofessional. It comes across very bias, and shame on the refs for not stopping it.
I was at the game last night and I didn't really notice Coach Hale talking to the Officials in that manner. He has been around long enough to know that he should probably call the officials by Mr. and Mrs. when addressing them. I'm sure that we can get this corrected, and then most of the calls can probably go your way. By the way, can you share any of the nicknames with me ?

Oaksince59
Freshman Team

Post by Oaksince59 »

On a lighter note, would any of the nicknames be “terrible” or “awful”. I hear those references from both sides of the court at every game venue. I have used them myself on occasion. Over the years I have learned it is a lot easier to see the calls from the bleachers than it is on the floor. Calling a basketball game has to be one of the most challenging jobs related to officiating team sports. Half of the crowd loves you and half of the crowd loathes you from the tip off to the final buzzer. Hats off to the men and women up to the challenge. Often have wondered why there isn’t an official positioned in a press box and the crew wired for sound.

Oaksince59
Freshman Team

Post by Oaksince59 »

Senior Night.

Oaksince59
Freshman Team

Post by Oaksince59 »

Lady Oaks win 62 - 37

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

After a fairly close 1st Qtr tonight against Valley in witch the Lady Oaks led 18-13, they pretty much lengthened the lead in each Qtr thereafter, ending in a 62-37 win. Valley themselves played a lot better game tonight than they did in an earlier season loss at home to the Lady Oaks, especially on offensive as they probably hit maybe 6 or 7 threes tonight. The Lady Oaks were led in scoring by Caitlyn Brisker with a game high 35 pts, followed by Olivia Clarkson with 17 pts. Brisker, who no doubt is probably one of the best all around athletes that has ever played at Oak Hill, is now within 5 pts of 1500 pts in her career.

kygercreeker
Waterboy

Post by kygercreeker »

I'm sorry but ball-hogging to get your stats in a basketball game does NOT make you a good athlete. And the only time that this ball-hogging and being able to score as a result is against teams that are less skilled and says even more about the "great athlete". When playing against teams that truly have athletes that know the game of basketball and have been on the court in AAU for years and can play circles around these "great athletes" that are just "school ball players" that ball hog to get their stats, they can't seem to score. And in the game of basketball, ball-hogging is the most SELFISH thing you can do as it is a TEAM effort and should have even scoring, especially if you have a coach that sees to that and doesn't play favorites. And when playing tough teams this "ball-hogging" results in losses and these "great athletes" can't score to get their "stats".

Return to “Girls Basketball”