Lady Oaks

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Re: Lady Oaks

Post by VetteMan »

Oaksince59 wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 4:09 pm Lady Oaks end season with a tough 43-40 loss to #1 seed Eastern Brown. Within 30 seconds of advancing to regionals. Played their hearts out and had EB in panic mode with only a couple of minutes to play. Represented themselves, school, and community well today.
Couldn't agree with you more, very proud of the effort that the Lady Oaks put forth. I really don't know why anyone should be surprised, #12 seed or not and going against the #1 seed at that, I've never seen a Doug Hale coached team not be prepared to play until the final buzzer. I know the kids are really down right now, they were so close to winning this ballgame. In finishing the year with a 17-9 record, they probably saved there best basketball till the end of the year and throughout the tournament. Leading the Lady Oaks in scoring today was Caitlyn Brisker with 20 pts followed by Olivia Clarkson with 12 pts. Good luck to Eastern Brown on moving on to the Regional Semifinals against North Adams. Should be an outstanding ballgame.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

The Lady Oaks in finishing the year with a 17-9 record, plus playing some of there best basketball in there tournament run, will have to replace four Seniors next year. All four girls contributed in there own way in there 3 or 4 years of playing for coach Hale. Shannon Conley, Baylee Howard, Caitlyn Brisker, and Peyton Miller will all be missed next season. The Lady Oaks will have some returning kids that can score the ball, and especially they will have to replace the offensive production of Caitlyn Brisker in her career with the Lady Oaks. As I stated in an earlier post, I think that she is one of the best all around athletes that ever played at Oak Hill High School, and not only basketball but Volleyball and Softball as well. I'm even more convinced now, and stand by what I said. After doing a little research, I found that she finished with over 1600 hundred pts ( 1609 ) in her 4 years playing for OH. Even though the season ended in a heartbreaking loss, I feel as if the returning players will return and be just as determined as they were this year.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Congrats to three Oak Hill Lady Oaks on receiving honors on the SOC-2 conference just announced. Senior Caitlyn Brisker who just concluded her 4 year career as a Lady Oak this past season, averaging 20 pts per game this year, and finishing with 1609 total points in her career, was named as the Defensive Player Of The Year in the SOC-2. Brisker also garnered 1st team as well on the All Star Team. Joining her also from the Lady Oaks on the 1st team is Olivia Clarkson, who will be a returning Senior next year, and will probably be counted on to be one of the primary scorers for the team. Also returning next year will be Chloe Chambers, who will be a Junior next year, was named to the SOC-2 2nd team. Again, Congrats to the whole Oak Hill Lady Oaks Team on an Outstanding Season.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Congrats to Oak Hill High School Senior Caitlyn Brisker on being selected First Team All Ohio in Division 3. I will add an Honor very well deserved.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Just recently announced was that three Oak Hill Lady Oaks were named to the All-Southeast District Girls Team in Division 3. Senior Caitlyn Brisker, who was just honored by being selected 1st team All Ohio in Division 3, was named to the 1st team All-Southeast District team. Senior to be Olivia Clarkson was selected to the 3rd team All-Southeast District team, while Junior to be Chloe Chambers was given a Special Mention selection. Again, Congrats to all three Lady Oaks.

Return to “Girls Basketball”