Lady Oaks

Oaksince59
Freshman Team

Re: Lady Oaks

Post by Oaksince59 »

Who can tell me anything about the Southeastern team the Lady Oaks are going up against on 2-20?

Oaksince59
Freshman Team

Post by Oaksince59 »

Looking forward to watching Lady Oaks tonight at Waverly against Southeastern team.

Oaksince59
Freshman Team

Post by Oaksince59 »

Lady Oaks win 52-44. Good team win.

bfry
JV Team

Post by bfry »

Oaksince59 wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 9:23 pm Lady Oaks win 52-44. Good team win.
Saw this happening. I can see them beating Eastern Brown as well. Good luck to the Lady Oaks.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Even though the Lady Oaks were at quite a size disadvantage at about every position on the floor these past two games, they have found a way to hustle, scratch, and claw there way to victory's over two much higher seeded teams. They seem to be playing with a renewed confidence after winning the Sec Championship earlier with a win over #5 seeded Northwest, and then tonight hanging tough and beating #4 seeded Southeastern. After getting off to a quick 6-0 lead, they were then outscored 11-2 at one point in the 1st Qtr witch would end up at a 14-14 tie after 1 Qtr. The 2nd Qtr was back and forth for both teams, each team leading by a small margin at times, resulting in the Lady Oaks being ahead 27-25 at the half. The Lady Oaks at the start of the 3rd Qtr started to lengthen there lead somewhat, and ended the 3rd Qtr with a 44-34 lead. I think that the closest that Southeastern was able to get from that point on in the 4th Qtr may have been 6 pts. The Lady Oaks were led in scoring by Caitlyn Brisker with 22 pts followed by Olivia Clarkson and Brooke Howard both with 12pts. They will now face #2 seeded Eastern Brown for the Dist Championship on 2-29 at 12:00 at the Waverly Downtown Gym. I don't want to be that guy, but the Final score was really 58-44 instead of 52-44.

Oaksince59
Freshman Team

Post by Oaksince59 »

Happy to be corrected on the score. I was to excited and didn’t proof read before posting. :roll: :oops:

LADY OAKS 58
Southeastern 44

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

VetteMan wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 11:46 pm Even though the Lady Oaks were at quite a size disadvantage at about every position on the floor these past two games, they have found a way to hustle, scratch, and claw there way to victory's over two much higher seeded teams. They seem to be playing with a renewed confidence after winning the Sec Championship earlier with a win over #5 seeded Northwest, and then tonight hanging tough and beating #4 seeded Southeastern. After getting off to a quick 6-0 lead, they were then outscored 11-2 at one point in the 1st Qtr witch would end up at a 14-14 tie after 1 Qtr. The 2nd Qtr was back and forth for both teams, each team leading by a small margin at times, resulting in the Lady Oaks being ahead 27-25 at the half. The Lady Oaks at the start of the 3rd Qtr started to lengthen there lead somewhat, and ended the 3rd Qtr with a 44-34 lead. I think that the closest that Southeastern was able to get from that point on in the 4th Qtr may have been 6 pts. The Lady Oaks were led in scoring by Caitlyn Brisker with 22 pts followed by Olivia Clarkson and Brooke Howard both with 12pts. They will now face #2 seeded Eastern Brown for the Dist Championship on 2-29 at 12:00 at the Waverly Downtown Gym. I don't want to be that guy, but the Final score was really 58-44 instead of 52-44.
#1 seed Eastern Brown.haha!

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Hoopie74 wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 10:38 am
VetteMan wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 11:46 pm Even though the Lady Oaks were at quite a size disadvantage at about every position on the floor these past two games, they have found a way to hustle, scratch, and claw there way to victory's over two much higher seeded teams. They seem to be playing with a renewed confidence after winning the Sec Championship earlier with a win over #5 seeded Northwest, and then tonight hanging tough and beating #4 seeded Southeastern. After getting off to a quick 6-0 lead, they were then outscored 11-2 at one point in the 1st Qtr witch would end up at a 14-14 tie after 1 Qtr. The 2nd Qtr was back and forth for both teams, each team leading by a small margin at times, resulting in the Lady Oaks being ahead 27-25 at the half. The Lady Oaks at the start of the 3rd Qtr started to lengthen there lead somewhat, and ended the 3rd Qtr with a 44-34 lead. I think that the closest that Southeastern was able to get from that point on in the 4th Qtr may have been 6 pts. The Lady Oaks were led in scoring by Caitlyn Brisker with 22 pts followed by Olivia Clarkson and Brooke Howard both with 12pts. They will now face #2 seeded Eastern Brown for the Dist Championship on 2-29 at 12:00 at the Waverly Downtown Gym. I don't want to be that guy, but the Final score was really 58-44 instead of 52-44.
#1 seed Eastern Brown.haha!

You are right Hoopie, I knew all along that they were #1 seed, don't know why I put #2. They are a very good team, probably deserving of the #1 seed. Is Camryn Pickerill the coach's daughter, very good player. Rylee Leonard ( No 12 ) is quite a player also, and only a freshman. I know that No 12 must have scored 14-15 pts in a row in the 4th Qtr against Alexander last night to just put the game out of reach for the Lady Spartans. I'm sure that I will make more blunders than that one, probably worse the next time. Lol

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

Yes Camryn is the coaches daughter. She usually takes over in the latter parts of the games. Rylee is a freshman. They have a very good freshman group. Radio said 14 points 4th qtr. I knew what you ment haha! Eastern just keeps running bodies in and the Gloth girl is a strong girl. Good luck.

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

Hoopie74 wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 2:46 pm Yes Camryn is the coaches daughter. She usually takes over in the latter parts of the games. Rylee is a freshman. They have a very good freshman group. Radio said 14 points 4th qtr. I knew what you ment haha! Eastern just keeps running bodies in and the Gloth girl is a strong girl. Good luck.
When we played them this year,Rylee would hit a three from on wing,then Pickeral would hit a couple,lock down on them and Gloth would pound it inside. Then back to Threes again. They came at us in waves.Then missed no freethrows.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Hoopie74 wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 2:51 pm
Hoopie74 wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 2:46 pm Yes Camryn is the coaches daughter. She usually takes over in the latter parts of the games. Rylee is a freshman. They have a very good freshman group. Radio said 14 points 4th qtr. I knew what you ment haha! Eastern just keeps running bodies in and the Gloth girl is a strong girl. Good luck.
When we played them this year,Rylee would hit a three from on wing,then Pickeral would hit a couple,lock down on them and Gloth would pound it inside. Then back to Threes again. They came at us in waves.Then missed no freethrows.
I agree, really they didn't play near there best last night. I've said all along that they are a very well rounded team, great guard play, very good size down low, plays a lot of kids, will be a load for any team going forward. No 12 only a freshman, she's going to give a lot of teams severe headaches for the next 3 years.

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

VetteMan wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 3:38 pm
I agree, really they didn't play near there best last night. I've said all along that they are a very well rounded team, great guard play, very good size down low, plays a lot of kids, will be a load for any team going forward. No 12 only a freshman, she's going to give a lot of teams severe headaches for the next 3 years.
Your great program there at Oak Hill gives your girls alot of inspiration. That helps. Good luck!

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Hoopie74 wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 3:42 pm
VetteMan wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 3:38 pm

Your great program there at Oak Hill gives your girls alot of inspiration. That helps. Good luck!
Thanks! It will certainly be an uphill battle, but I also know that Coach Hale will have the girls as prepared as possible, and they will give it everything that they have.

Oaksince59
Freshman Team

Post by Oaksince59 »

Confidence is a powerful state of mind.I like where the Lady Oaks are right now regarding there state of mind. Team has become more and more balanced over the last several weeks. Playing more and more to each other’s strengths. Eastern Brown is the real deal. Well coached, disciplined, talented, confident also. Lady Oaks have a lot of talent as well and have played a tough league and non-league schedule. Are capable of CLIMBING THAT HILL. Can’t wait to see how it plays out.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

The Lady Oaks have a makeup game tomorrow ( 2-22 ) at Portsmouth West at 2:00 pm. for the Varsity only.

Oaksince59
Freshman Team

Post by Oaksince59 »

Lady Oaks win against P West 50-32

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

As what was already posted, the Lady Oaks finished up there regular season schedule today at Portsmouth West, winning by the score of 50-32. It was Senior Day for the Lady Senator's, as they honored there 3 Seniors as well as Oak Hills 4 Seniors. Caitlyn Brisker of the Lady Oaks really jump started Oak Hill today as she scored there first 9 pts of the game, as well as scoring 19 pts by halftime and a 33-18 lead. Coach Hale of the Lady Oaks began resting and rotating most of the starters about halfway through the 3rd Qtr , as the score reached 42-22 at the end of the Qtr. Leading the Lady Oaks in scoring was Caitlyn Brisker with 23 pts followed by Brooke Howard with 11 pts. The No-12 seed Lady Oaks after beating the No-5 seed for the Sectional Championship, then the No-4 seed in the District Semifinals, now have a date with the No-1 seed Lady Warriors of Eastern Brown for the District Championship. The game is scheduled for Saturday 2-29 at 12:00 in Waverly at the Downtown Gym.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

While looking at the boys and the girls Brackets earlier today to decide witch games I might want to attend, I did notice that the Lady Oaks were the only SOC-2 girls team still alive in the Tournament, as well as the Portsmouth Notre Dame girls in the SOC-1.

Oaksince59
Freshman Team

Post by Oaksince59 »

Lady Oaks end season with a tough 43-40 loss to #1 seed Eastern Brown. Within 30 seconds of advancing to regionals. Played their hearts out and had EB in panic mode with only a couple of minutes to play. Represented themselves, school, and community well today.

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

Congrats Lady Oaks from Peebles. You played your heart's out and came up short ,but; showed great desire that will carry you far into the future. Way to represent your league ,SEO and your community.

Return to “Girls Basketball”