Vinton County @ Fort Frye 1/13

Foreverlove
Waterboy

Re: Vinton County @ Fort Frye 1/13

Post by Foreverlove »

Ff3233 wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:38 pm Coach bentley brought on the pain himself tonight. Said something to ff student prior to the game and then it was on. 32 minutes of non stop student section. Then to top it off he told ff staff what he said to them and was laughing about it. Guy has no clue whatsoever. Vinton upgraded their schedule this year for sure, congrats to ff girls who played tough, physical, and fundamental basketball vs aau ball
I think coach Bentley may of made it worse for his daughter tonight. Off to another tough game against Alex on Thursday.

Marauders19
Freshman Team

Post by Marauders19 »

If I was coaches daughter I would transfer he does not use her properly she is too big and strong to come out of the paint she is literally all they have on a hyped up over rated Basketball Team we would welcome her here at Meigs

Bulldog84
All Conference

Post by Bulldog84 »

OHball03 wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:45 pm
Bulldog84 wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:00 pm
Ff3233 wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:38 pm Coach bentley brought on the pain himself tonight. Said something to ff student prior to the game and then it was on. 32 minutes of non stop student section. Then to top it off he told ff staff what he said to them and was laughing about it. Guy has no clue whatsoever. Vinton upgraded their schedule this year for sure, congrats to ff girls who played tough, physical, and fundamental basketball vs aau ball
VC coach is a joke! The girls at VC deserve a better coach.
You may be crazy if you actually think VC needs a new coach because of a couple losses....
Never said they need a new coach! Said they deserve better.

Stop making excuses and start making things happen!
Bulldog84
All Conference

Post by Bulldog84 »

Balldontlie99 wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:47 pm FF student section was ridiculous tonight, never in my 25 years of watching basketball have I seen such a disrespectful student section.
That’s what a student section is supposed be like!

Ff3233
All Conference

Post by Ff3233 »

Balldontlie99 wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:47 pm FF student section was ridiculous tonight, never in my 25 years of watching basketball have I seen such a disrespectful student section.
Figures blame the students. The "adult" coach incites the students before the game and you blame the students. Maybe tell coach bentley not to go over and talk trash before the game.

Bulldog84
All Conference

Post by Bulldog84 »

Ff3233 wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:59 pm
Figures blame the students. The "adult" coach incites the students before the game and you blame the students. Maybe tell coach bentley not to go over and talk trash before the game.
Well said!!

OHball03
Waterboy

Post by OHball03 »

Bulldog84 wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:54 pm
Bulldog84 wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:00 pm

VC coach is a joke! The girls at VC deserve a better coach.
You may be crazy if you actually think VC needs a new coach because of a couple losses....

Deserve better??? A couple losses and here we go everyone fire Rod Bentley.

Balldontlie99
Waterboy

Post by Balldontlie99 »

I agree there coach should not of said anything to the students but does that give the students the right to act the way they did. My opinion the athletic director should of made a stop to the student section before it got that bad, Instead she was laughing with them. Real Classy FF

Ff3233
All Conference

Post by Ff3233 »

Balldontlie99 wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:13 pm
I agree there coach should not of said anything to the students but does that give the students the right to act the way they did. My opinion the athletic director should of made a stop to the student section before it got that bad, Instead she was laughing with them. Real Classy FF
Tell me exactly what they said that offended you?

Classy? You have rod bentley as your coach. Be a hypocrite much?

Foreverlove
Waterboy

Post by Foreverlove »

Marauders19 wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:53 pm If I was coaches daughter I would transfer he does not use her properly she is too big and strong to come out of the paint she is literally all they have on a hyped up over rated Basketball Team we would welcome her here at Meigs
He cares to much about what other parents say to play his daughter in the right position at right time.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

God help him with the Alexander student section

Jveyon
Waterboy

Post by Jveyon »

It amazes me that everyone talks about how we need more school spirit, and more students supporting each other, but when you have a school that does then it’s disrespectful. They had fun, they were loud, and they tried to get in the players and coaches heads, nothing disrespectful. Also, might want to read the above comments about what the VC coach said to the ff students before the game.

vcgrad
All Conference

Post by vcgrad »

Maybe he should come and coach Athens?

LeftHanded
Freshman Team

Post by LeftHanded »

What were they saying/doing? I'm genuinely just curious.

Ff3233
All Conference

Post by Ff3233 »

LeftHanded wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:04 am

When morgan bentley touched the ball they chanted daddy's girl, missed ft they would say something, airball they'd say something etc. Nothing viscous, nothing mean, just a raucous student section and for good reason. Bentley stoked the fire and got burned. One fan for vc was continuously flipping our student section off so that made them louder. It was one of the best display by a student section I've seen in a long time

thebarlowbandit
All State

Post by thebarlowbandit »

vcgrad wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:05 am Maybe he should come and coach Athens?
He would breathe some life into that morbid program! They are absolutely bad!!!! Watched Warren beat them by 40+ and was nothing they could have done to keep the score from getting out of hand.

LeftHanded
Freshman Team

Post by LeftHanded »

Ff3233 wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:21 am

When morgan bentley touched the ball they chanted daddy's girl, missed ft they would say something, airball they'd say something etc. Nothing viscous, nothing mean, just a raucous student section and for good reason. Bentley stoked the fire and got burned. One fan for vc was continuously flipping our student section off so that made them louder. It was one of the best display by a student section I've seen in a long time
Yeah, you can't get too upset about that. I wish VC's student section got involved like that. A good student section can really help get in the opposing team's head.

Bulldog84
All Conference

Post by Bulldog84 »

OHball03 wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:06 pm
Bulldog84 wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:54 pm

Deserve better??? A couple losses and here we go everyone fire Rod Bentley.
I never once said they need to fire him. I said they deserve better.

Bulldog84
All Conference

Post by Bulldog84 »

Ff3233 wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:21 am

Was it male or female flipping people off? I have a suspicion I know who it was!

Marauders19
Freshman Team

Post by Marauders19 »

Coach Bentley has upset me a couple times with his aggressive style but he has made Vinton County into a girls basketball school. His style of press and gun has brought excitement to girls basketball in southeast Ohio not saying I’m a fan but he brings energy to every girl’s game they play. He definitely rubs fans the wrong way he would be a great fit at conservative Athens!! He would press wellston river valley and meigs and eventually Athens would be hated just like Vc

Return to “Girls Basketball”