Vinton County @ Fort Frye 1/13

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Re: Vinton County @ Fort Frye 1/13

Post by VetteMan »

Student section or not, I'm wondering if possibly that a little more credit should just go to the Fort Frye girls, as the game still had to be played out on the floor regardless of what was being said. Am I also right that this was Div 4 beating Div 2 ?

icanpickem
All Conference

Post by icanpickem »

VetteMan wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:14 pm Student section or not, I'm wondering if possibly that a little more credit should just go to the Fort Frye girls, as the game still had to be played out on the floor regardless of what was being said. Am I also right that this was Div 4 beating Div 2 ?
Yes. D4 over D2. (cutoff for D4 is 112 girls , FF is at 112).

Bulldog84
All Conference

Post by Bulldog84 »

I’ve actually heard folks from VC say they are just a small school in a one traffic light town. They don’t think they should be D2.

Stop making excuses and start making things happen!
Ff3233
All Conference

Post by Ff3233 »

VetteMan wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:14 pm Student section or not, I'm wondering if possibly that a little more credit should just go to the Fort Frye girls, as the game still had to be played out on the floor regardless of what was being said. Am I also right that this was Div 4 beating Div 2 ?
The girls and staff deserve the credit for sure. Was just responding to those saying the section was disrespectful and such. Coach bentley started the fire and got burned by it

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Bulldog84 wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 3:00 pm I’ve actually heard folks from VC say they are just a small school in a one traffic light town. They don’t think they should be D2.
Well everyone wants to play in a smaller division. VC is at 240.D3 is 193

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Balldontlie99 wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:47 pm FF student section was ridiculous tonight, never in my 25 years of watching basketball have I seen such a disrespectful student section.
Coach Bentley went up to the student section before the game and said better be nice tonight because my girls like Mogadore football players. Like why even do that?

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Balldontlie99 wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:47 pm FF student section was ridiculous tonight, never in my 25 years of watching basketball have I seen such a disrespectful student section.
Numerous are stating the VC coach riled them up. I’ve never heard of a coach purposely doing that.

vcgrad
All Conference

Post by vcgrad »

Vc is one of 3 counties in Ohio that have 1 school district---less than 10,000 people live in the county And yes they have 1 red light in the whole county.

Ff3233
All Conference

Post by Ff3233 »

Ironman92 wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:04 pm
Numerous are stating the VC coach riled them up. I’ve never heard of a coach purposely doing that.
He brought up mogadore football which is the team that beat us in playoffs. He also told the ff coaches what he said to student section. He probably didn't know our defensive coordinator is also an assistant for girls team. Don't know if he even thought students would be that loud after that, but they were and didn't let up until he left the building.

SEFan
JV Team

Post by SEFan »

vcgrad wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:38 am Vc is one of 3 counties in Ohio that have 1 school district---less than 10,000 people live in the county And yes they have 1 red light in the whole county.
Still D2. Just like here at Logan we are D1. Until our admin and coaches quit using the excuse of “D2 talent in a D1 school” then we will never get to where we want to get.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

vcgrad wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:38 am Vc is one of 3 counties in Ohio that have 1 school district---less than 10,000 people live in the county And yes they have 1 red light in the whole county.
That’s actually false. VC is the only County in Ohio that has one school district covering the entire area. We also have 13,000 residents. Not much of a difference though. As a comparison, the City of Chillicothe has the same number of residents that our entire county has.

SEFan
JV Team

Post by SEFan »

Dundas wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:07 am
That’s actually false. VC is the only County in Ohio that has one school district covering the entire area. We also have 13,000 residents. Not much of a difference though. As a comparison, the City of Chillicothe has the same number of residents that our entire county has.
Logan is the only high school in Hocking and Morgan is the only high school in Morgan.

vcgrad
All Conference

Post by vcgrad »

Point is VC is a very rural area- not so populated---but they do the best with what they have--so again -why would anyone be hating on the school or its staff or kids???????????????????? They have much less choices(transfer) than most ---do to the size of the school district.... And only school in Ohio that goes by its COUNTY NAME!!!!!!!!!!!

Ff3233
All Conference

Post by Ff3233 »

vcgrad wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 12:18 pm Point is VC is a very rural area- not so populated---but they do the best with what they have--so again -why would anyone be hating on the school or its staff or kids???????????????????? They have much less choices(transfer) than most ---do to the size of the school district.... And only school in Ohio that goes by its COUNTY NAME!!!!!!!!!!!
It's populated enough to be d2 school. Congrats on being named after a county!!!! Maybe teach your girls coach to keep quiet, that'd be a starting point for improvement

vcgrad
All Conference

Post by vcgrad »

SO how many school districts do you have in your county???? Coach did nothing wrong--he (team) just had a bad game---if they won --would it have been such a big deal?? did he cuss at them? or anything else--he just said a stupid thing that he did not back up.. That's life!!!!

vcgrad
All Conference

Post by vcgrad »

What if you combined all your schools into one--would be d1 school I would bet?????---how do you think the sports team would do against other d1 schools???? VC has issues with kids being on school buses for 2+ hrs --1 way to school.. Get out of school at 3;30 get home at 530 or 6. Whole different world.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

SEFan wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 12:08 pm
Dundas wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:07 am
Logan is the only high school in Hocking and Morgan is the only high school in Morgan.
Yes but we’re talking about school districts. Neither Morgan or Hocking County local schools cover their entire respective counties as is the case with VC. The western 3rd of Hocking County is Logan’s Elm and a township on the eastern edge is Nelsonville York. VC is the only County in the state with one school district. From eastern edge to western edge, north to south, they all go to the same place. No one else is at that kind of a disadvantage. If you don’t think it’s a disadvantage, then you clearly haven’t had to ride a bus for 2.5 hours.

Ff3233
All Conference

Post by Ff3233 »

vcgrad wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 12:43 pm SO how many school districts do you have in your county???? Coach did nothing wrong--he (team) just had a bad game---if they won --would it have been such a big deal?? did he cuss at them? or anything else--he just said a stupid thing that he did not back up.. That's life!!!!
It was a big deal to your fans. Lady in front row was flipping off the students, another was wanting them to step outside, another was saying how disrespectful it was. The issue is that whatever he does seems to be all forgiven, or that's the way he is, or he loves the players, or whatever excuse you want to use for bentley. He fired the students up, they cheered for the entire game, halftime, and after the game and yet your fans act that way and place blame on the ff students. Give me a break, i love my kid but when he does wrong i say he's wrong. Bentley in vc fans eyes does nothing wrong, to which i answer you all need glasses. Fortunately for vinton they're d2 so they won't have to face us again in the tourney

Marauders19
Freshman Team

Post by Marauders19 »

Hate it or like as long as vinton has Bentley in charge they will bring it just look at how much stuff is said about this game and Vinton County in general. Bentley is intense and arrogant and doesn’t care what people think. He literally got into our poor excuse for a coach last year and beat us because our coach worried more about him then coaching our girls. I honestly felt that we were more talented but our coach got distracted by Bentley and therefore we lost each time he played Vinton.. Bentley and Combs are buddies and Combs will do nothing to him. Bentley has no rules and he doesn’t care to offend anyone. A Typical Vinton county townee

Bulldog84
All Conference

Post by Bulldog84 »

Ff3233 wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:14 pm
vcgrad wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 12:43 pm SO how many school districts do you have in your county???? Coach did nothing wrong--he (team) just had a bad game---if they won --would it have been such a big deal?? did he cuss at them? or anything else--he just said a stupid thing that he did not back up.. That's life!!!!
It was a big deal to your fans. Lady in front row was flipping off the students, another was wanting them to step outside, another was saying how disrespectful it was. The issue is that whatever he does seems to be all forgiven, or that's the way he is, or he loves the players, or whatever excuse you want to use for bentley. He fired the students up, they cheered for the entire game, halftime, and after the game and yet your fans act that way and place blame on the ff students. Give me a break, i love my kid but when he does wrong i say he's wrong. Bentley in vc fans eyes does nothing wrong, to which i answer you all need glasses. Fortunately for vinton they're d2 so they won't have to face us again in the tourney
Nice post!

Stop making excuses and start making things happen!

Return to “Girls Basketball”