SEOPS HO

Re: Adena girls have to forfeit sectional

Post by smurray »

se-alum wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 1:34 pm
smurray wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 1:22 pm
Tri-StateYouthSports wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 1:09 pm @smurray

Just to clarify.

Scrimmages may be used ANYTIME throughout the season, including tournament
I understand the rule, I wasn't talking about that. I was saying there was no reason for a scrimmage. If it wasn’t on the original schedule why was it added? If it was on the original schedule you have bigger problem.
They had an 8 day gap between games, which would be a reason to schedule a scrimmage. Doesn't really matter, Adena AD screwed up, but the crime doesn't fit the punishment.
Exactly, it does not.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Ohsaa needs to change administration mistakes. Every year in every sport, a team gets banned from tournament play over administration mistakes. Just ban the coach and fine the school.

thebarlowbandit
All State

Post by thebarlowbandit »

Raider6309 wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 1:48 pm Ohsaa needs to change administration mistakes. Every year in every sport, a team gets banned from tournament play over administration mistakes. Just ban the coach and fine the school.
Scheduling 23 games is administrative, and I’m sure no one feels good about that. Playing 23 deems the athlete ineligible, no different than any other eligibility issue. When violated, it’s violated.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

It also makes Ohsaa look stupid. Ohsaa will let Africentric recruit in 6 D1 players and do nothing but will give some average school the death penalty for the administration being stupid. Ohsaa let a convicted rapist play and let Massillon use a running back in the state finals who was arrested on a warrant a day before the game

thebarlowbandit
All State

Raider6309 wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 2:34 pm It also makes Ohsaa look stupid. Ohsaa will let Africentric recruit in 6 D1 players and do nothing but will give some average school the death penalty for the administration being stupid. Ohsaa let a convicted rapist play and let Massillon use a running back in the state finals who was arrested on a warrant a day before the game
Just curious if you can prove any of this or is it just your opinion like Warren always cheats when they play Athens.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

thebarlowbandit wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 5:38 pm
Raider6309 wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 2:34 pm It also makes Ohsaa look stupid. Ohsaa will let Africentric recruit in 6 D1 players and do nothing but will give some average school the death penalty for the administration being stupid. Ohsaa let a convicted rapist play and let Massillon use a running back in the state finals who was arrested on a warrant a day before the game
Just curious if you can prove any of this or is it just your opinion like Warren always cheats when they play Athens.
Just Athens though...
I can tell you they weren't cheating when they got off the bus and kicked out butts this year. :lol:

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
thebarlowbandit
All State

Orange and Brown wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 6:06 pm
thebarlowbandit wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 5:38 pm
Just Athens though...
I can tell you they weren't cheating when they got off the bus and kicked out butts this year. :lol:
NY must have cheated Athens twice then this year. Sad

itsme
Varsity

Post by itsme »

Raider6309 wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 1:48 pm Ohsaa needs to change administration mistakes. Every year in every sport, a team gets banned from tournament play over administration mistakes. Just ban the coach and fine the school.
So you saying it's ok to play 23 games and then say its administration mistake

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

itsme wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:46 pm So you saying it's ok to play 23 games and then say its administration mistake
Nope, I think it’s stupid to give a school the death penalty over something minor. Just suspend the coach

spartans_fan
Varsity

Post by spartans_fan »

The thing I don't understand about this whole things is, if Adena thought it was a scrimmage and turned in a 22 game schedule at the draw (13-8 record with 1 game to play) then why is OHSAA even involved if the other school is not in any OHSAA tournament? I have a hard time wrapping my head around the idea that OHSAA is so interested in the Adena girls basketball team that they were checking this out. Either someone turned in a 23 game season to the tournament draw or someone has sour grapes and was looking to cause issue.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Don’t play 23 games.

OHSAA is not good to work with some times and there are other ways but man this cannot happen.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

It is time to punish the grownups …...not the kids

This even happens in college, kids get punished and not the ones responsible.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
KRS
JV Team

Post by KRS »

Will Adena punish the ones responsible? It unbelievable that no one caught it.

Return to “Girls Basketball”