Waterboy

District semis:#2 Wheelersburg vs #7 North Adams

Post by FrontrowNA »

Thoughts and predictions?

rxburgfan
All State

Re: District semis:#2 Wheelersburg vs #7 North Adams

Post by rxburgfan »

Don’t see NA keeping up the pace Burg sets for 4 qtrs. Pressure on the ball is also tough for most teams to handle. Most teams on have maybe 2 girls to handle the ball.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

I would probably also give the edge to Wheelersburg, especially if they are hitting from the outside the way that they are capable of doing.

Mark 5
Waterboy

Post by Mark 5 »

North Adams has played well down the stretch. I'll take them to win.

d-5
SEOPS HOF

Post by d-5 »

Wheelersburg has played well down the stretch. I'll take them to win.

Proud_Pirate63
S

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

Should be a good game. I feel Burg will pull away late 3rd or early 4th.

Warrior03
Waterboy

Post by Warrior03 »

North Adams had a few bad losses in the beginning of the season and are paying for it in this round. Don't forget just two weeks ago they tallied a huge win against a solid Eastern Brown and gave them their only loss. I think it should be a great game, wheelersburg is always ready to play. I'm going to go with North Adams by 5. All around close game, scoring in the 40's with the third quarter being the determining factor.

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

Warrior03 wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:24 am North Adams had a few bad losses in the beginning of the season and are paying for it in this round. Don't forget just two weeks ago they tallied a huge win against a solid Eastern Brown and gave them their only loss. I think it should be a great game, wheelersburg is always ready to play. I'm going to go with North Adams by 5. All around close game, scoring in the 40's with the third quarter being the determining factor.
Agree, Devils will run in around 8 players during the game. Depends on type of game being played. They like to run as well. On ball pressure and Good rebounding to go with it.

rxburgfan
All State

Post by rxburgfan »

Ball handling against Burg gets complicated. With their pressure on the ball turnovers and transition points become a problem.

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

Congrats North Adams on a good game and win. One game at a time.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Congrats North Adams on your win yesterday over the always tough Lady Pirates from Wheelersburg.

rxburgfan
All State

Post by rxburgfan »

NA length gave Burg fits. Kept outside shooting to a poor percentage for Burg. Good team moves on.

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

rxburgfan wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 4:21 pm NA length gave Burg fits. Kept outside shooting to a poor percentage for Burg. Good team moves on.
The length and they also run in a pretty good # of players. Our Peebles girls beat North Adams early in the season at the holiday tourny 61-54. The North Adams returned the favor 2/3 at North Adams 49-40. THEIR depth hurt us the last couple of minutes of that game.The lady Devils then followed that victory up with a win over Eastern Brown 39-30 a few days later. A very good reserve team allows them to play a few more very good players if need be. They are on a roll. Congrats to The Burg ladies on a great season.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

After watching you early in the season, I thought you had one of the better balanced all around teams that I had seen. Don't know what happened in a few of your early losses, but the really important thing right now is, how are you playing at this stage of the season ? This is the perfect time of the year to be playing your best basketball, good luck as you move forward in your next tournament game.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Warrior03 wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:24 am North Adams had a few bad losses in the beginning of the season and are paying for it in this round. Don't forget just two weeks ago they tallied a huge win against a solid Eastern Brown and gave them their only loss. I think it should be a great game, wheelersburg is always ready to play. I'm going to go with North Adams by 5. All around close game, scoring in the 40's with the third quarter being the determining factor.
You know Eastern Brown and North Adams both better than I do, as I've only seen them both play a couple times each. Not trying to argue with you at all, I'm just not sure that I would call there early losses bad losses. They lost the first game of the season on the road to a pretty good Southeastern team that finished the season with a 20-5 record. They a little later on then lost to a good Nelsonville-York team also on the road witch ended there season with a 19-5 record. They then lost over the holidays to a very good Peebles team witch I think was a home game for them. Most years Peebles, even though they are Div-4, they can usually play and hold there own with most of the Div-3 teams around. I think Peebles record right now is either 19-3 or it will be 20-3. After losing by 4 pts at Eastern Brown, they then turned around and beat EB by 8 pts at home. It was certainly not and easy game in there last game in being able to beat an always tough Wheelersburg team. In only having 1 home loss on the year, and they very well may lose there next game to a very good Ironton team, I just don't see any real bad losses on the whole season. Maybe at the end of the day, it's probably how we define bad losses.

Warrior03
Waterboy

Post by Warrior03 »

VetteMan wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:37 pm
You know Eastern Brown and North Adams both better than I do, as I've only seen them both play a couple times each. Not trying to argue with you at all, I'm just not sure that I would call there early losses bad losses. They lost the first game of the season on the road to a pretty good Southeastern team that finished the season with a 20-5 record. They a little later on then lost to a good Nelsonville-York team also on the road witch ended there season with a 19-5 record. They then lost over the holidays to a very good Peebles team witch I think was a home game for them. Most years Peebles, even though they are Div-4, they can usually play and hold there own with most of the Div-3 teams around. I think Peebles record right now is either 19-3 or it will be 20-3. After losing by 4 pts at Eastern Brown, they then turned around and beat EB by 8 pts at home. It was certainly not and easy game in there last game in being able to beat an always tough Wheelersburg team. In only having 1 home loss on the year, and they very well may lose there next game to a very good Ironton team, I just don't see any real bad losses on the whole season. Maybe at the end of the day, it's probably how we define bad losses.
No disrespect to any team, my version of a bad loss is regarding the early play of North Adams. In those losses they weren't firing on all cylinders. One game at a time, good luck to all teams.

Bulldog84
All Conference

Post by Bulldog84 »

VetteMan wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 11:08 pm I would probably also give the edge to Wheelersburg, especially if they are hitting from the outside the way that they are capable of doing.
I hear ya man, but you can’t be dependent on the outside shot. You need an offense just in case the outside shots aren’t falling. Ask Vinton County, they struggle bad if the three isn’t falling because they aren’t built to run a set offense.

Stop making excuses and start making things happen!
VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Warrior03 wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:34 am
VetteMan wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:37 pm
No disrespect to any team, my version of a bad loss is regarding the early play of North Adams. In those losses they weren't firing on all cylinders. One game at a time, good luck to all teams.
After reading your earlier post again, I really felt as if you were not in anyway meaning to be disrespectful toward North Adams at all, but more so looking at it from North Adams perspective, in that they themselves probably felt as if they should not have lost a couple of those earlier games. When I look at North Adams or Eastern Brown or even a couple other schools in your league, I then realize just how competitive most of the teams are with each other about every year.

Return to “Girls Basketball”