SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Re: Fort Frye (26-2) vs Minster (22-5) 3/12 Final 4

Post by EasternDspy »

Can you order the game online?

Fanatic
Varsity

Post by Fanatic »

So totally unfair to the young ladies that have worked so hard to get there.
Playing in an empty St. John's arena seem like a scrimmage.

Will radio still be allowed to attend and broadcast, or will OHSAA now try to sell online access?

If they are worried about too many people in one spot, just clear the arena between games.

Their are more people in a Walmart at any given time.
Politics playing a huge role. 3 confirmed cases and 12 others under investigation in the whole state.
Just my opinion.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Fanatic wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 7:08 pm So totally unfair to the young ladies that have worked so hard to get there.

Will radio still be allowed to attend and broadcast, or will OHSAA now try to sell online access?

If they are worried about too many people in one spot, just clear the arena between games.

Politics playing a huge role. 3 confirmed cases and 12 others under investigation in the whole state.
Just my opinion.
I agree with you.

whsbeernuts
Waterboy

Post by whsbeernuts »

EasternDspy wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 10:33 pm
Fanatic wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 7:08 pm So totally unfair to the young ladies that have worked so hard to get there.

Just my opinion.
I agree with you.
I actually don't agree with the both of you. The truth of the matter is that nobody knows much about this virus, and I believe that the people who are making decisions on how to navigate this virus don't know much about it either, but are doing what they believe is in the best interest of health and safety, to the best of their ability and knowledge.

I agree with the sentiment that, yes, this does suck for the girls, and other high school players who have an opportunity to play on a big stage, that now most likely will not have the fan atmosphere that one would expect at games like this......

This does not supercede the more important thing which is that people are healthy and safe and that we take proper precautions to do as such.....and that we trust the decisions that are being made by the people who are making them for the sake of health and safety.

whsbeernuts
Waterboy

Post by whsbeernuts »

Fanatic wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 7:08 pm If they are worried about too many people in one spot, just clear the arena between games.

Just my opinion.
This is a pretty ignorant statement, because your statement assumes that it's not that big of a risk.

Read this quote from the church I go to that put out a statement for our people:

"According to the World Health Organization, Coronavirus is a family of viruses, of which the present outbreak is a new one (COVID-19). Symptoms include fever, cough and shortness of breath. The vast majority of the cases are presently still within the borders of China. As of March 10, 2020, the global mortality rate appears to be between 3 and 4%. For perspective the global flu mortality rate is around 0.1%. Those at greatest risk of serious harm are the elderly and other immune-suppressed individuals."

This seems like a big deal to me. While the infection spread rate might be less than the flu at this current time, the death rate as shown above is higher and does seem to pose the greatest threat to the elderly and people who have issues with their immune systems.

Doesn't seem like this is merely a political agenda as you want to put it.

efarns
S

Post by efarns »

https://www.mariettatimes.com/sports/20 ... r-liedtke/

Nice article about Coach Liedtke getting to coach in St. John's Arena - after all he's done for Fort Frye basketball, I'd love to see him come away with a win.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Fort Frye will be having a watch party at the high school
Gym and will give out free food.

Fanatic
Varsity

Post by Fanatic »

I truly believe we are getting ahead of ourselves and causing a lot of fear.
Of the 31 US deaths, 19 come from a single nursing home in Washington State.
If you look at all the states surrounding and including Ohio, Michigan, Pennsylvania, West Virginia, Kentucky, and Indiana, their are only 38 confirmed cases. No Deaths.
Washington- 24 deaths, California-3, Florida-2, and New Jersey and South Dakota 1 each.
Will it get worse, possibly, but I don't think we should be near panic mode yet.
Most US deaths have been in their 70's 80's and 90's. The youngest being 40. Not saying they are not important, but doesn't seem to rise to the level of panic the media is portraying.
Every individual has the opportunity to make their own decision to stay home if they wish.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Fanatic
Varsity

Post by Fanatic »

Just saw that Spectrum is now going to broadcast semi-final games on Spectrum Chanel 314.

rickoshay
SEOP

Post by rickoshay »

Good, because Beverly/Lowell area have lots of homes with Spectrum service. :D
And it's free to Spectrum subscribers.

The tv news at eleven also had this in their lead story.
Last edited by rickoshay on Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

enigmaax
All State

Post by enigmaax »

Fanatic wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 1:40 pm I truly believe we are getting ahead of ourselves and causing a lot of fear.
If you look at all the states surrounding and including Ohio, Michigan, Pennsylvania, West Virginia, Kentucky, and Indiana, their are only 38 confirmed cases. No Deaths.
Washington- 24 deaths, California-3, Florida-2, and New Jersey and South Dakota 1 each.
Will it get worse, possibly, but I don't think we should be near panic mode yet.
Most US deaths have been in their 70's 80's and 90's. The youngest being 40. Not saying they are not important, but doesn't seem to rise to the level of panic the media is portraying.
Every individual has the opportunity to make their own decision to stay home if they wish.
Good call. Lol.

rickoshay
SEOP

Post by rickoshay »

enigmaax wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 11:32 pm
Fanatic wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 1:40 pm I truly believe we are getting ahead of ourselves and causing a lot of fear.
Good call. Lol.
You think that Your "Lol" is correct thing to say about this subject???? :roll:

Fanatic
Varsity

Post by Fanatic »

Let's talk about the ballgame.

Fanatic
Varsity

Post by Fanatic »

We might not be able to attend, but at least we can watch on TV.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Fanatic wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:58 am We might not be able to attend, but at least we can watch on TV.
Nope, all games cancelled !!!!!

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
rickoshay
SEOP

Post by rickoshay »

Boys regional's, and all other winter sports also canceled, or postponed until further notice.

efarns
S

Post by efarns »

Well, heck, I say we make the best of it. Let's order a "2020 Girls State Co-Championship" banner and hang it up next to our "WV State Championship" banners for football and boys basketball.

enigmaax
All State

Post by enigmaax »

rickoshay wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:09 am
enigmaax wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 11:32 pm
Good call. Lol.
You think that Your "Lol" is correct thing to say about this subject???? :roll:
The lol was a reference to the clueless post downplaying the situation, not the situation itself.

ManitouDan2
SE

Post by ManitouDan2 »

So sad the girls and boys didnt get to compete for what they worked years and years towards gaining.

Return to “Girls Basketball”