Vinton County

Bulldog84
All Conference

Re: Vinton County

Post by Bulldog84 »

Marauders19 wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:26 pm Bulldog I don’t know coach Bentley personally but if your saying he is bragging about outworking teams is that really a bad thing in today’s society? If you watch Vinton County they coach with passion including his Jv coach there is a intensity that simply just doesn’t happen in girls basketball. Vinton County loves Bentley and Southeastern Ohio finds reasons to hate him and believe me bulldog he deserves it at times. In fact I know personally that he walked up to our best player and said you be more successful in our program then his .. He does care about anything but his program success.. I think fort Frye will spank them but if you think about it Vinton County will always be in this discussion because there program has the arrogance to be successful because of there dedication to a system that Bentley has created. Jerk yes !!! Good coach yes!!!!
I disagree with you on one thing, there is no way VC is getting spanked by anyone in this area. They may get beat but no one around our area will just have there way with VC.

Stop making excuses and start making things happen!
Realist
Freshman Team

Post by Realist »

Dundas wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:29 pm 51-17 at the half. I guess we should schedule some WNBA teams so all of the haters are happy.
No...That's more acceptable than D4 (and a struggling D4) South Gallia though. Who got better out of that game? Honestly? If you spank a D2 team that's your own size, so be it..Congrats, but when you beat up one of the worst teams in SE Ohio and you claim to be (and probably are) one of the best, you can't feel great about it.

LeftHanded
Freshman Team

Post by LeftHanded »

Realist wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:28 am
Dundas wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:29 pm 51-17 at the half. I guess we should schedule some WNBA teams so all of the haters are happy.
No...That's more acceptable than D4 (and a struggling D4) South Gallia though. Who got better out of that game? Honestly? If you spank a D2 team that's your own size, so be it..Congrats, but when you beat up one of the worst teams in SE Ohio and you claim to be (and probably are) one of the best, you can't feel great about it.
What do you honestly expect? You gotta schedule teams. There are a lot of games. You can't just play elite teams every single game (especially in SE Ohio). As mentioned before, they will be traveling to Pickerington Central High School this Saturday to play 7-1 DIVISION 1 Dublin Coffman. Is that any better?

And they've already played some of the better teams in the area (Alexander, Warren and Wheelersburg)

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

VC vs Fort Frye should be a good test. Fort Frye was the top team in SEO last year and still looks tough

Ff3233
All Conference

Post by Ff3233 »

Marauders19 wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:26 pm Bulldog I don’t know coach Bentley personally but if your saying he is bragging about outworking teams is that really a bad thing in today’s society? If you watch Vinton County they coach with passion including his Jv coach there is a intensity that simply just doesn’t happen in girls basketball. Vinton County loves Bentley and Southeastern Ohio finds reasons to hate him and believe me bulldog he deserves it at times. In fact I know personally that he walked up to our best player and said you be more successful in our program then his .. He does care about anything but his program success.. I think fort Frye will spank them but if you think about it Vinton County will always be in this discussion because there program has the arrogance to be successful because of there dedication to a system that Bentley has created. Jerk yes !!! Good coach yes!!!!
Good coach for the quality of opponent he tends to face. How many teams have they beaten of equal or slightly more talented. Beating teams that you should is more so a reflection of talent, winning evenly or underdog games more on coaching. Don't remember many of the latter for vc. As for bentley saying that to your best player, that's his way of recruiting her or making himself feel better. Not as a compliment to her. Maybe they'll finally win a district title or not

boy of summer
Freshman Team

Post by boy of summer »

Vinton County scrimmaged Berne Union (currently ranked 3rd in D4 in the State) and Circleville (who beat Vinton County last year in the District Finals and who are currently ranked 3rd in D2 in the State) in the pre-season.

They went down to Warren early in the season and defeated Warren, a D2 opponent, who could make some serious noise in the tournament. They played and defeated a very talented and well coached Alexander team of Jeff Grinstead, currently ranked 5th in D3 with only one loss. They have a rematch with them at Alexander still to play. They played and defeated a very good Wheelersburg team (who beat Vinton County badly last year and has some excellent players back), who were ranked in D3 at the time VC played them. Vinton County travels to D1 Dublin Coffman on Saturday who are 7-1 and turns around and plays Fort Frye on Monday, who are 9-0 and currently ranked 9th in D3. Fort Frye whipped up on VC last year and has almost their whole team returning from a team that could have very possibly won D4 last season before Covid shut them down. And they have one of the best high school coaches in the State leading them. Additionally, NY has a very good and well coached team by Bobby Cassidy who unfortunately suffered a season ending injury to one of their best players before playing Vinton County.

Like Coach Bentley or not, Vinton County does not duck competition as the above shows and has not during his tenure at VC, playing Newark (currently ranked one in D1) and a top team from Kentucky last year I believe in addition to Fort Frye and Wheelersburg.

Certainly, the game with South Gallia was lopsided and a mismatch and no one likes to see that, but unfortunately you have that now and then, very similar to the Warren boys 96-22 win over Alexander recently. Coach Maddox is a great coach and played a 2-3 zone much of that game I read. Alex was without their best player. Warren shot lights out. Vinton and Coach Bentley did not play their starters together after the first quarter, and did not play them at all in the 4th quarter versus South Gallia. Like Warren's boys, VC also shot lights out. A bench player had 15 points for the Vikings and all 13 of their players scored.

Realist
Freshman Team

Post by Realist »

boy of summer wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:19 pm Vinton County scrimmaged Berne Union (currently ranked 3rd in D4 in the State) and Circleville (who beat Vinton County last year in the District Finals and who are currently ranked 3rd in D2 in the State) in the pre-season.

They went down to Warren early in the season and defeated Warren, a D2 opponent, who could make some serious noise in the tournament. They played and defeated a very talented and well coached Alexander team of Jeff Grinstead, currently ranked 5th in D3 with only one loss. They have a rematch with them at Alexander still to play. They played and defeated a very good Wheelersburg team (who beat Vinton County badly last year and has some excellent players back), who were ranked in D3 at the time VC played them. Vinton County travels to D1 Dublin Coffman on Saturday who are 7-1 and turns around and plays Fort Frye on Monday, who are 9-0 and currently ranked 9th in D3. Fort Frye whipped up on VC last year and has almost their whole team returning from a team that could have very possibly won D4 last season before Covid shut them down. And they have one of the best high school coaches in the State leading them. Additionally, NY has a very good and well coached team by Bobby Cassidy who unfortunately suffered a season ending injury to one of their best players before playing Vinton County.

Like Coach Bentley or not, Vinton County does not duck competition as the above shows and has not during his tenure at VC, playing Newark (currently ranked one in D1) and a top team from Kentucky last year I believe in addition to Fort Frye and Wheelersburg.

Certainly, the game with South Gallia was lopsided and a mismatch and no one likes to see that, but unfortunately you have that now and then, very similar to the Warren boys 96-22 win over Alexander recently. Coach Maddox is a great coach and played a 2-3 zone much of that game I read. Alex was without their best player. Warren shot lights out. Vinton and Coach Bentley did not play their starters together after the first quarter, and did not play them at all in the 4th quarter versus South Gallia. Like Warren's boys, VC also shot lights out. A bench player had 15 points for the Vikings and all 13 of their players scored.
That is a pretty strong non league schedule, but that South Gallia game just leaves a bad taste in my mouth. I guess the difference between that and Warren playing Alexander in boys is that Alexander is traditionally decent. South Gallia isn't and shouldn't have even been considered for VC. I'm over it now. Good luck moving forward.

thebarlowbandit
All State

Post by thebarlowbandit »

boy of summer wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:19 pm Vinton County scrimmaged Berne Union (currently ranked 3rd in D4 in the State) and Circleville (who beat Vinton County last year in the District Finals and who are currently ranked 3rd in D2 in the State) in the pre-season.

I like the vote of confidence on my Warriors doing some "serious noise" in the tournament. But with the Super Sectional format, we will have to tangle with Sheridan, VC, Circleville one of those four pretty early. We could pull and upset somewhere, but not sure how much noise we are poised to make. But your never know you have to play the games.

Marauders19
Freshman Team

Post by Marauders19 »

Is Tonight the night that Coach Bentley gets pressed until he cries throws a fit.. Dublin Coffman is a d1 school that is 9 and 1 .. regardless of who the coach is I’m cheering for southeastern Ohio. Good luck vikes

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Marauders19 wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 12:36 pm Is Tonight the night that Coach Bentley gets pressed until he cries throws a fit.. Dublin Coffman is a d1 school that is 9 and 1 .. regardless of who the coach is I’m cheering for southeastern Ohio. Good luck vikes
Vinton County-17
Dublin Coffman-12

End 1

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Dublin Coffman-38
Vinton County-26

Half

I think I counted 6 threes for DC in the second quarter alone. Vikings cold but hanging around.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

DC-69
VC-56

Final

Ff3233
All Conference

Post by Ff3233 »

Dundas wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 8:26 pm DC-69
VC-56

Final
Good job vc. Playing up in competition will only make you better. Sounds like it was a good game

Rutter lover
JV Team

Post by Rutter lover »

I heard Bentley broke the girls scoring record for VC tonight

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Rutter lover wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 9:41 pm I heard Bentley broke the girls scoring record for VC tonight
Yes. She sets at 1345 for her career.

icanpickem
All Conference

Post by icanpickem »

Dundas wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 9:55 pm
Rutter lover wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 9:41 pm I heard Bentley broke the girls scoring record for VC tonight
Yes. She sets at 1345 for her career.
And had 24 of their 56 against DC

Marauders19
Freshman Team

Post by Marauders19 »

Congratulations Morgan Bentley

SEFan
JV Team

Post by SEFan »

Ff3233 wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:41 pm
Good coach for the quality of opponent he tends to face. How many teams have they beaten of equal or slightly more talented. Beating teams that you should is more so a reflection of talent, winning evenly or underdog games more on coaching. Don't remember many of the latter for vc. As for bentley saying that to your best player, that's his way of recruiting her or making himself feel better. Not as a compliment to her. Maybe they'll finally win a district title or not
Definitely recruiting her.

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

Raider6309 wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:49 pm VC vs Fort Frye should be a good test. Fort Frye was the top team in SEO last year and still looks tough
Sheridan and Circleville were both better last year.

Sportsfan01
JV Team

Post by Sportsfan01 »

Will there be a live stream for VC vs FF game tonight?

Return to “Girls Basketball”