Vinton County

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Re: Vinton County

Post by Raider6309 »

vcgrad wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 1:32 pm He would never last if he was an Athens coach---no girls and people wanting him to coach different. Thats why you have so much turnover in coaching.
Athens has 4 district titles and 15 seasons of 15+ wins. You VC people act like you have Athens and Alexander post season success already :roll:

boy of summer
Freshman Team

Post by boy of summer »

Bulldog 84-I also know the parents very, very well. I will agree 100% with you that these girls have the best parents imaginable that put 100% effort into helping their kids academically, athletically, etc. No doubt the girls and their parents deserve so very, very much of the credit for the team's success as you pointed out. Coach Bentley and the girls basketball program as well as Coach Combs and the boys basketball program (I believe his Elite 8 team was honored as having one of the ten highest GPA's in the state by OHSAA) have been blessed to have them as much, if not more, than anything contributing to their teams' success. Wonderful, wonderful people-they have been very, very supportive to Coach Bentley as has the Vinton County Community and he would acknowledge that freely and does often-as does Coach Combs.

All the girls on his team are excellent, hard-working student-athletes (a tribute to them and their parents), including his daughters that played and are playing for him. I also agree with you that they will all be great successes in life-no doubt about it!

Ground Buck
All Conference

Post by Ground Buck »

Realist wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 8:01 am
boy of summer wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 10:36 pm

As for technical fouls, I believe that he has had two in five years. Not sure many coaches have had that few technical fouls. Not sure what he got the two technicals for but as someone said he pushes his subs when they are in like his starters and never loses his intensity, maybe that's why I don't know.

So he's never been T'd up before this season? He has at least two this year based on posts that I've read. I'm not saying being T'd up is a bad thing, but it's a little tasteless when up 40.
I think it's pretty safe to say he didn't get T'd up for coaching his subs intensely. :mrgreen:

Disclaimer: This is all an opinion and I am therefore hoping we can still express opinions on this site without retort.
Ground Buck
All Conference

Post by Ground Buck »

Raider6309 wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 9:00 am
vcgrad wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 1:32 pm He would never last if he was an Athens coach---no girls and people wanting him to coach different. Thats why you have so much turnover in coaching.
Athens has 4 district titles and 15 seasons of 15+ wins. You VC people act like you have Athens and Alexander post season success already :roll:
:mrgreen:

Disclaimer: This is all an opinion and I am therefore hoping we can still express opinions on this site without retort.
vcgrad
All Conference

Post by vcgrad »

We are trying build now--not in the past--its great Athens and Alexander have had titles-district and otherwise--but thats not today.. If it were why is Athens program so down now?????????? I wish every team in the TVC were state bound--but its not going to happen.

Bulldog84
All Conference

Post by Bulldog84 »

vcgrad wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 1:54 pm We are trying build now--not in the past--its great Athens and Alexander have had titles-district and otherwise--but thats not today.. If it were why is Athens program so down now?????????? I wish every team in the TVC were state bound--but its not going to happen.
I know exactly why Athens is down right now. It doesn’t take a rocket scientist to figure that out.

Stop making excuses and start making things happen!
vcgrad
All Conference

Post by vcgrad »

And please give us a clue?

Pat
Varsity

Post by Pat »

vcgrad wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 4:08 pm And please give us a clue?
It's because 84's buddy didn't get the HC job. If he had and season was going exactly like it is now 84 would be saying they are in a rebuilding year and the coach is doing a fantastic job of turning the program around. :lol:

vcgrad
All Conference

Post by vcgrad »

Vc took Alex to the woodshed last night.

VC93
Waterboy

Post by VC93 »

VC vs North Adams Monday if I read it correctly in the Athens messenger

Ground Buck
All Conference

Post by Ground Buck »

vcgrad wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 8:26 am Vc took Alex to the woodshed last night.
WOW! And that's something to be really proud of. With that win maybe VC will finally make a tourney run this year. :mrgreen:

Marauders19
Freshman Team

Post by Marauders19 »

Not going to happen.. They shoot the three ball to much in tournament time shots are not going to fall ... There leader to stubborn To change

OHball03
Waterboy

Post by OHball03 »

Did the Bentley kid break another record ?????

Bulldog84
All Conference

Post by Bulldog84 »

OHball03 wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 11:57 am Did the Bentley kid break another record ?????
Most three’s in a career!

Stop making excuses and start making things happen!
thebarlowbandit
All State

Post by thebarlowbandit »

Ground Buck wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 1:23 pm
Realist wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 8:01 am
boy of summer wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 10:36 pm

As for technical fouls, I believe that he has had two in five years. Not sure many coaches have had that few technical fouls. Not sure what he got the two technicals for but as someone said he pushes his subs when they are in like his starters and never loses his intensity, maybe that's why I don't know.

So he's never been T'd up before this season? He has at least two this year based on posts that I've read. I'm not saying being T'd up is a bad thing, but it's a little tasteless when up 40.
I think it's pretty safe to say he didn't get T'd up for coaching his subs intensely. :mrgreen:
I’d put a great deal of money on this that he’s had waaaaay more than 2 T’s in 5 seasons.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Ground Buck wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 10:28 am
WOW! And that's something to be really proud of. With that win maybe VC will finally make a tourney run this year. :mrgreen:
Beating a top 10 team in D3, on the road, is definitely something to be proud of. Also clinching a 4th straight TVC Ohio division title is a great accomplishment as well.

vcgrad
All Conference

Post by vcgrad »

Great Job Lady Vikings---look to go far----avid the haters----stay positive !!! :D :D :D

Ground Buck
All Conference

Post by Ground Buck »

Dundas wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 6:57 pm
Ground Buck wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 10:28 am
Beating a top 10 team in D3, on the road, is definitely something to be proud of. Also clinching a 4th straight TVC Ohio division title is a great accomplishment as well.
Yep, so let's hope they can parlay that into a respectable tourney run. :mrgreen:

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Vinton County- 24
North Adams- 8

Half
Last edited by Dundas on Mon Feb 08, 2021 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

VC-34
NA-23

End 3

Return to “Girls Basketball”