Vinton County

Balldontlie99
Waterboy

Vinton County

Post by Balldontlie99 »

How good are these girls this year..... I’ve seen the score to some games but are they really this good?

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Vinton County

Post by Ironman92 »

They are very good. Probably a regional final team

Marauders19
Freshman Team

Post by Marauders19 »

Vinton County is special I did not get to see them Saturday in live action but after talking to people that were there I got the same opinion they are solid. Over ther years I have not been a coach Bentley fan but the bottom line is his girls always play hard and he doesn’t give a rat ass what anyone thinks about him he is there to coach Vinton County!!! His teams are always ready to play every night... definitely top team in our area!!! They compete on every possession

Bulldog84
All Conference

Post by Bulldog84 »

Ironman92 wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 10:39 pm They are very good. Probably a regional final team
They will have to learn to run some sort of offense to be a regional final team. They can’t just hang around the three point line all night throwing up three’s. A good team won’t allow that to happen.

Stop making excuses and start making things happen!
Marauders19
Freshman Team

Post by Marauders19 »

Bulldog your exactly correct.. That’s my point on Coach Bentley and his style they live off the 3ball .. They need to pound the ball inside and use his daughter and Zinn on the blocks.. good teams don’t shoot that many 3 every night

LeftHanded
Freshman Team

Post by LeftHanded »

Bulldog84 wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 8:24 am
Ironman92 wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 10:39 pm They are very good. Probably a regional final team
They will have to learn to run some sort of offense to be a regional final team. They can’t just hang around the three point line all night throwing up three’s. A good team won’t allow that to happen.
Did you watch the game? I think they shot a better percentage from beyond the arc than they did in the paint.... That's mostly because they couldn't make any friggin layups haha

I honestly don't know what people want them to do. Win, but not by THAT much. Reps are important to get tournament ready, but not THAT many reps.

The TVC is BAD. But you can't just lolly gag because you know you are gonna win the game. You have to bring it every game. I mean, it could be the last game the seniors play any given night because the season could be canceled any day.

We keep talking about how them making too many threes hurts them for tournament time, but we have absolutely no clue if there will even be a tournament.

Don't like having 80+ scored on you in just 32 minutes? Don't let it happen.

Pat
Varsity

Post by Pat »

LeftHanded wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 10:47 am
Did you watch the game? I think they shot a better percentage from beyond the arc than they did in the paint.... That's mostly because they couldn't make any friggin layups haha

I honestly don't know what people want them to do. Win, but not by THAT much. Reps are important to get tournament ready, but not THAT many reps.

The TVC is BAD. But you can't just lolly gag because you know you are gonna win the game. You have to bring it every game. I mean, it could be the last game the seniors play any given night because the season could be canceled any day.

We keep talking about how them making too many threes hurts them for tournament time, but we have absolutely no clue if there will even be a tournament.

Did someone complain about how many points they scored? If so I didn't see that. I think their point is when they play a really good team they're going to need to make those layups because they won't be getting open looks from the three point line. But go ahead and turn it into a complaint if it makes you feel better. :lol:

Bulldog84
All Conference

Post by Bulldog84 »

Pat wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 11:10 am

Did someone complain about how many points they scored? If so I didn't see that. I think their point is when they play a really good team they're going to need to make those layups because they won't be getting open looks from the three point line. But go ahead and turn it into a complaint if it makes you feel better. :lol:
Absolutely wasn’t complaining about the points scored! Actually I don’t care for VC coach but I know several of those girls and wish them well. I just think that knowing the TVC is bad, this would be a great time to work on some offense. I understand he wants to get his daughter as many points as possible but it doesn’t help the team.

LeftHanded
Freshman Team

Post by LeftHanded »

Bulldog84 wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 11:25 am

Absolutely wasn’t complaining about the points scored! Actually I don’t care for VC coach but I know several of those girls and wish them well. I just think that knowing the TVC is bad, this would be a great time to work on some offense. I understand he wants to get his daughter as many points as possible but it doesn’t help the team.
Sorry. That points scored comment was in reference to other posts I've seen on here. Not yours directly. I should've clarified.

Bulldog84
All Conference

Post by Bulldog84 »

LeftHanded wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 11:28 am

Sorry. That points scored comment was in reference to other posts I've seen on here. Not yours directly. I should've clarified.
No biggie, VC has a nice team and fun to watch.

LeftHanded
Freshman Team

Post by LeftHanded »

Bulldog84 wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 11:31 am
LeftHanded wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 11:28 am

No biggie, VC has a nice team and fun to watch.
They do indeed. Wish they had a tougher schedule to get challenged a little bit. They did last year, but not sure how scheduling worked out this year (probably Covid restricted going for some bigger matchups)

I just think that it's hard to "run an offense" because most coaches want you to shoot the ball when you are open. And for the TVC this year, that is going to be very often. I don't think any coach with a group like this is going to tell them to not shoot when they are open. Running an offensive flow only does so much against teams with very poor defense.

VC doesn't have much size, so they gotta rely on the fast paced style and shots in space.

Fanatic
Varsity

Post by Fanatic »

I think the schedule gets tougher,, I believe if everything goes as expected, January 18 will be an outstanding game. According to the Fort Frye schedule, they are slated to visit Vinton County. FF was in the final 4 when it got canceled last year, and return 5 of the top 6 players.

Rutter lover
JV Team

Post by Rutter lover »

VC, is a good team but Bulldog is right if they keep relying on the 3 ball they aren’t gonna make a big run in the tournament . Good teams will eventually pick up on that and it’s not gonna work. They are gonna have to put together an offense in order to make the run they’d like

OHball03
Waterboy

Post by OHball03 »

Bentley tied the most 3’s last night in a single game....That is why they were firing it if i understood correctly.

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

Sheridan may have something to say about that.

justpassinthru
Riding the Bench

Post by justpassinthru »

I will also add the Fort Frye game will not be fast paced unless Fort Frye wants an up-tempo game, FF probably most disciplined team around. Limits possessions and then shot selection becomes more important, unless of course your making your shots.

vcgrad
All Conference

Post by vcgrad »

Its at VC--should be a advantage.

Bulldog84
All Conference

Post by Bulldog84 »

VC will be looking for a little payback I’m sure, also it’s kind of a bummer that VC can’t have a student section because Fort students really made it tough on VC last year.

thebarlowbandit
All State

Post by thebarlowbandit »

May be the best team ever to come out of southern Ohio when it’s all said and done.

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

thebarlowbandit wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 9:24 pm May be the best team ever to come out of southern Ohio when it’s all said and done.
Nice sarcasm. :lol:

Return to “Girls Basketball”