Logan girls ranked 1 in AP Poll!

SEFan
JV Team

Logan girls ranked 1 in AP Poll!

Post by SEFan »

Attention grabber.

But Berne Union is number 1 in D4, led by Logan transfers.
Newark number 1 in D1, led by a Logan transfer.
Vinton County is ranked 8 in D2, led by Logan transfers.

Oh what could have been...

Bulldog84
All Conference

Re: Logan girls ranked 1 in AP Poll!

Post by Bulldog84 »

SEFan wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 10:28 pm Attention grabber.

Why did the Bentley girl leave Logan? And it sounds like the Logan transfers at Berne have definitely help make Berne a legit contender.

Stop making excuses and start making things happen!
LeftHanded
Freshman Team

Post by LeftHanded »

That's how Vinton County fans felt when Oak Hill went on their state championship run with 3 VC transfers as starters. Haha (although MOST were still excited for them during that run)

Ground Buck
All Conference

Post by Ground Buck »

LeftHanded wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:03 am

That's how Vinton County fans felt when Oak Hill went on their state championship run with 3 VC transfers as starters. Haha (although MOST were still excited for them during that run)
Yea well not exactly because there won't be any "state championship run" for VC with or without Logan transfers. :mrgreen:

Disclaimer: This is all an opinion and I am therefore hoping we can still express opinions on this site without retort.
formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

The situation mentioned, leaving Logan for Berne Union, is probably a stretch to call a “transfer” in the context it is commonly used in on sports boards.

Bulldog84
All Conference

Post by Bulldog84 »

formerfcfan wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 1:26 pm The situation mentioned, leaving Logan for Berne Union, is probably a stretch to call a “transfer” in the context it is commonly used in on sports boards.
What else would you call it? Switching schools? It’s a transfer!

Stop making excuses and start making things happen!
formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

Bulldog84 wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 2:02 pm
formerfcfan wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 1:26 pm The situation mentioned, leaving Logan for Berne Union, is probably a stretch to call a “transfer” in the context it is commonly used in on sports boards.
I'm sure their parents appreciate rando's on the sports forum characterizing their kids as "transfers" when their daughters switched districts in middle school.

SEFan
JV Team

Post by SEFan »

formerfcfan wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 6:48 pm
I'm sure their parents appreciate rando's on the sports forum characterizing their kids as "transfers" when their daughters switched districts in middle school.
I’m friends with all these parents as I went to school with some and my kids went to school with theirs. They not only would not care, but they would tell you themselves they transferred to get away from one thing.

Snowflake
Freshman Team

Post by Snowflake »

If they would just do away with scoreboards these students would most likely stop "transferring." It's ludicrous to pit children at such a young age against other children. I like what someone wrote on another thread about how we should start using a coin flip to determine the outcome of games. Even better, just let them play in a relaxed friendly environment with no concern for the outcome. :oops:

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

SEFan wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:37 pm

I’m friends with all these parents as I went to school with some and my kids went to school with theirs. They not only would not care, but they would tell you themselves they transferred to get away from one thing.
Don't these girls, or at least one of them, have older siblings that also transferred into BU and were already going to HS by the time the girls got there?

SEFan
JV Team

Post by SEFan »

formerfcfan wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:18 pm

Don't these girls, or at least one of them, have older siblings that also transferred into BU and were already going to HS by the time the girls got there?
You mean did the younger one transfer because the older did? Yes. But, the older one still moved away to get away from Logan.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

SEFan wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:47 pm

You mean did the younger one transfer because the older did? Yes. But, the older one still moved away to get away from Logan.
Okay, yeah. If your point in general is on dysfunction within/at Logan, I get it completely. I was just a tad caught off-guard by the notion that BU has benefitted from transfers. I suppose that's indeed a true statement, but I just didn't personally agree with it. Didn't agree because as someone who is decently familiar with BU and follows their league, those players are not at all seen as "transfers" by their peers at Berne or their competing schools. Plus, those girls could possibly be the greatest team BU has ever had in its school history across all sports. The folks at Berne have a lot of pride in that group -- as far as they're concerned they believe it to be a representation perfectly of their community and not one aided by "outside help." And as a fan of their archrival, I'm inclined to agree with them. Especially since their CB number ("1" -- which is super low in any regard) says it all.

shoelace
JV Team

Post by shoelace »

formerfcfan wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 2:41 pm
Okay, yeah. If your point in general is on dysfunction within/at Logan, I get it completely. I was just a tad caught off-guard by the notion that BU has benefitted from transfers. I suppose that's indeed a true statement, but I just didn't personally agree with it. Didn't agree because as someone who is decently familiar with BU and follows their league, those players are not at all seen as "transfers" by their peers at Berne or their competing schools. Plus, those girls could possibly be the greatest team BU has ever had in its school history across all sports. The folks at Berne have a lot of pride in that group -- as far as they're concerned they believe it to be a representation perfectly of their community and not one aided by "outside help." And as a fan of their archrival, I'm inclined to agree with them. Especially since their CB number ("1" -- which is super low in any regard) says it all.
Great post formerfcfan

SEFan
JV Team

Post by SEFan »

formerfcfan wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 2:41 pm
I see. Yes I would agree that Berne Union has developed those athletes and they are now happy at home at Berne. I’m just stating a fact that 3 of those girls once attended Logan and got turned off by a certain someone at Logan. Did not mean to push shade on Berne or the other two schools at all. It’s just my heartbreaking reality at Logan of what this year could have been.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

Thanks, shoelace. Happy New Year, man.

SEFan wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 3:24 pm It’s just my heartbreaking reality at Logan of what this year could have been.
It's a crappy feeling, for sure. Been there before!

Return to “Girls Basketball”