My opinion.

D2 Sheridan
D3 Eastern Brown
D4 Peebles

Prime Time
All State

Re: Teams to beat

Post by Prime Time »

I like. Sheridan eastern brown and Peebles also. Peebles has the best player in Div4. I like them over either Trimble South Webster or Norte Dame in finals. If you play a box and one or double team ND main player and force someone else to beat you ND can be very beatable. I think Webster or Trimble can beat ND and end up against Peebles who are a prohibited favorite to make state. Good Luck Trimble and all teams

shoelace
JV Team

Post by shoelace »

SEFan wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 10:57 am My opinion.

D2 Sheridan
D3 Eastern Brown
D4 Peebles
I concur lol...would have to look at the brackets a little closer but would love to see:
Sheridan/VC
EB/NA (rubber match)
Peebles/ND
Love if those were all Regional Finals lol....still holding hope an SVC school will do some damage but Adena seems to have hit a late season wall and just not sure about PV and Westfall.

SEFan
JV Team

Post by SEFan »

shoelace wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 5:03 pm

D2 Sheridan
D3 Eastern Brown
D4 Peebles
I concur lol...would have to look at the brackets a little closer but would love to see:
Sheridan/VC
EB/NA (rubber match)
Peebles/ND
Love if those were all Regional Finals lol....still holding hope an SVC school will do some damage but Adena seems to have hit a late season wall and just not sure about PV and Westfall.
You got my curious so I looked! ☺️

Sheridan v VC would happen in Regional Finals
Eastern v North would happen in District Finals
Peebles v ND would happen in Regional Finals as well

se-alum
All Conference

Post by se-alum »

D2 Sheridan
D3 Eastern Brown
D4 Peebles
Sheridan/VC
EB/NA (rubber match)
Peebles/ND
SVC just doesn't do basketball like these other SEO conferences. The best SVC schools don't typically compete well outside of the conference. SVC is a volleyball, and somewhat softball conference more so than a basketball conference.

shoelace
JV Team

Post by shoelace »

se-alum wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 3:37 pm

D2 Sheridan
D3 Eastern Brown
D4 Peebles
Sheridan/VC
EB/NA (rubber match)
Peebles/ND
SVC just doesn't do basketball like these other SEO conferences. The best SVC schools don't typically compete well outside of the conference. SVC is a volleyball, and somewhat softball conference more so than a basketball conference.
Completely agree! I looked at some of the teams nonleague schedules and that to me is where the problem lies. Adena did play Mcclain and EB, PV played Lynchburg who is down by their standards and added a late game with ND, I think SE played Alexander (may be wrong about that one), Unioto did do to a Shootout in Cincinnati and played VC but they are D2 and should schedule well but the other schools should challenge themselves better and not schedule easy wins because it doesn’t make them any better. Just my opinion.

se-alum
All Conference

Post by se-alum »

shoelace wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 5:17 pm

Sheridan/VC
EB/NA (rubber match)
Peebles/ND
Completely agree! I looked at some of the teams nonleague schedules and that to me is where the problem lies. Adena did play Mcclain and EB, PV played Lynchburg who is down by their standards and added a late game with ND, I think SE played Alexander (may be wrong about that one), Unioto did do to a Shootout in Cincinnati and played VC but they are D2 and should schedule well but the other schools should challenge themselves better and not schedule easy wins because it doesn’t make them any better. Just my opinion.
SE really challenged themselves. They scheduled Portsmouth-West(didn't get to play), Peebles, North Adams, and Coal Grove. They really only competed in the Coal Grove game, losing by 1. Girls in this are just aren't into basketball as much as they are into Volleyball and Softball, and I don't see that changing anytime soon.

Bulldog84
All Conference

Post by Bulldog84 »

SEFan wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 11:29 am

D2 Sheridan
D3 Eastern Brown
D4 Peebles
Sheridan/VC
EB/NA (rubber match)
Peebles/ND

A ton of things have to happen before those ^^games are played!

Stop making excuses and start making things happen!
shoelace
JV Team

Post by shoelace »

se-alum wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 7:05 pm

SE really challenged themselves. They scheduled Portsmouth-West(didn't get to play), Peebles, North Adams, and Coal Grove. They really only competed in the Coal Grove game, losing by 1. Girls in this are just aren't into basketball as much as they are into Volleyball and Softball, and I don't see that changing anytime soon.
Yes after I sent that I went back and looked a little closer and SE probably played the best schedule along with Unioto. I think SE coach is really good and compliments to him for putting a quality schedule together. I work with a dad from PV and he said they had games with Whiteoak, Ripley, Valley, Western, Hillsboro, Belpre - all knowing they were going to be pretty good but Piketon and Huntington did the same so its the same across the board.
Maybe your right the girls just arent in to it as much right now as they are like Volleyball and Softball.

shoelace
JV Team

Post by shoelace »

Bulldog84 wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 9:01 pm

Sheridan/VC
EB/NA (rubber match)
Peebles/ND

Yes but fun to think about it lol

se-alum
All Conference

Post by se-alum »

shoelace wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 8:15 am
se-alum wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 7:05 pm
Yes after I sent that I went back and looked a little closer and SE probably played the best schedule along with Unioto. I think SE coach is really good and compliments to him for putting a quality schedule together. I work with a dad from PV and he said they had games with Whiteoak, Ripley, Valley, Western, Hillsboro, Belpre - all knowing they were going to be pretty good but Piketon and Huntington did the same so its the same across the board.
Maybe your right the girls just arent in to it as much right now as they are like Volleyball and Softball.
Looking at Arbiter, Adena did have Waverly and Fisher Catholic on their schedule that they didn't get to play, so they did have OOC games scheduled against Eastern Brown, McClain, Waverly, and Fisher Catholic. So their attempted schedule wasn't bad.

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

Sheridan/VC
EB/NA (rubber match)
Peebles/ND

Yes indeed. One game at a time.

shoelace
JV Team

Post by shoelace »

Hoopie74 wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 10:42 am

Glad your feeling better Hoopie - your BB knowledge is evident and your love of the Peebles Indians is unmatched!

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

shoelace wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 10:51 am
Hoopie74 wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 10:42 am

Glad your feeling better Hoopie - your BB knowledge is evident and your love of the Peebles Indians is unmatched!
Thx. I'm an ole guy that loves high school sports and the opportunity hs sports allows us. Have an awesome day friend.

Return to “Girls Basketball”