Coaching Vacancies

transplant
SE

Re: Coaching Vacancies

Post by transplant »

Clay's boys job is confirmed, as far as I know the girls coach will be returning. I think clay non-renews all supplemental contracts each year and then they hire the coach back if they want to job again. Like i said, as far as i know, the girls coach wants to come back.

Lovehoops1
Freshman Team

Post by Lovehoops1 »

Its always interesting to see who goes and coaches where each season. I am sure Clay won't have a ton of applicants so it probably won't be a big group to choose from either. You are probably correct the same coach will return. Will be interesting to see who Huntington hires as well.

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

Clay's boys, no not a very attractive job and not much coming up to get better. The girls coach will probably come back. With Huntington looking for two coaches, it will get interesting. I'm already hearing parents want certain coaches, but not sure the board will side with them. We will see.

Fletchlives
JV Team

Post by Fletchlives »

It is state law that all coaching contracts (supplemental) are none renewed each year.

MasterOfNone
All Conference

Post by MasterOfNone »

shoelace wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:10 am
BackTap wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 5:38 pm
shoelace wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 12:22 pm

What happened to Coach Coreno?
You’re guess is as good as mine.
Thought they had some very good young kids and could contend next year. Always liked Mr Coreno. Hope his health is ok - seems like a good person.
I do not believe him not finishing out the season had anything to do with health. Believe he was removed from the position for other reasons.

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

I'm hearing the Peebles lady Indians might need a new coach.

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

Hoopie74 wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 9:20 pm I'm hearing the Peebles lady Indians might need a new coach.
Peebles returning starters : Payton Johnson9th,Marissa Moore,5'10" 11th, 5'11" Workman 11th,Summer Bird 6'1" 10th, reserve team. A couple moving up from jr High including Lilly Grays 6' sister Angel. Someone will get a good core to start with. I hate to see coach Justice go ,but; many thought this was gonna happen.

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

Hoopie74 wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 9:20 pm I'm hearing the Peebles lady Indians might need a new coach.
Heard their house is already up for sale and got rid of all their rental properties. I assume they are moving south somewhere. Wish them the best, they have been in Peebles basketball for a lot of years.

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

transplant wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 6:58 am
Heard their house is already up for sale and got rid of all their rental properties. I assume they are moving south somewhere. Wish them the best, they have been in Peebles basketball for a lot of years.
Hadn't heard about the house sell. Could be.

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

Hoopie74 wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 9:59 am
haha, you know how rumors go, spread like wildfire. Bug def sounds like the Peebles job will attract some good applicants.

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

transplant wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 10:05 am
Hoopie74 wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 9:59 am

haha, you know how rumors go, spread like wildfire. Bug def sounds like the Peebles job will attract some good applicants.
I agree

Bulldog84
All Conference

Post by Bulldog84 »

This doesn’t surprise me, I would assume she will want to watch her daughter at the next level and to be a good coach requires a lot of time that she probably won’t have to give.

Stop making excuses and start making things happen!
Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

Bulldog84 wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 5:23 pm
This doesn’t surprise me, I would assume she will want to watch her daughter at the next level and to be a good coach requires a lot of time that she probably won’t have to give.
Yep.

Lovehoops1
Freshman Team

Post by Lovehoops1 »

transplant wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 7:32 am Clay's boys job is confirmed, as far as I know the girls coach will be returning. I think clay non-renews all supplemental contracts each year and then they hire the coach back if they want to job again. Like i said, as far as i know, the girls coach wants to come back.
I'm hearing that there are gonna be some surprises coming in who gets hired. Could get very interesting.

Also Eastern Pike job is open as well

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

sounds like it, we will see how it goes.

BackTap
Riding the Bench

Post by BackTap »

Lovehoops1 wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 11:53 pm
transplant wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 7:32 am Clay's boys job is confirmed, as far as I know the girls coach will be returning. I think clay non-renews all supplemental contracts each year and then they hire the coach back if they want to job again. Like i said, as far as i know, the girls coach wants to come back.
I'm hearing that there are gonna be some surprises coming in who gets hired. Could get very interesting.

A lot of turnover for the Eastern Eagles the past three years.

MasterOfNone
All Conference

Post by MasterOfNone »

BackTap wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 12:24 pm

Very true. Being in the SOC 2 makes this job not as appealing to some I'm sure. Lockery is a great guy and I think could be a really good head coach if he gets at the right school. No matter who took over that job after Barrick left was not going to be put in a good spot, moving to the SOC 2 and losing a ton of talent. Hopefully they find a good fit.

sportsfan2244
Freshman Team

Post by sportsfan2244 »

Isn't this a girls basketball forum? Years past it has helped SW being in SOC II and being D4, but for some reason it has not worked out so far for Eastern. No idea why they decided to move up to the SOC II. Is Eastern girls D4 or D3?

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

MasterOfNone wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 8:17 am

Very true. Being in the SOC 2 makes this job not as appealing to some I'm sure. Lockery is a great guy and I think could be a really good head coach if he gets at the right school. No matter who took over that job after Barrick left was not going to be put in a good spot, moving to the SOC 2 and losing a ton of talent. Hopefully they find a good fit.
He was only going to be there for a short time regardless, my guess is Leist takes over sooner than later. They moved because of certain ppl but now they're finding out how far off they are, plus now kids are leaving.

BackTap
Riding the Bench

Post by BackTap »

greygoose wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 10:39 pm
MasterOfNone wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 8:17 am

He was only going to be there for a short time regardless, my guess is Leist takes over sooner than later. They moved because of certain ppl but now they're finding out how far off they are, plus now kids are leaving.
Any word on who will be taking girls job?

Return to “Girls Basketball”