DII State Semifinal: (25-1) Vinton County V. (21-4) Laurel

smurray
SEOPS HO

Re: DII State Semifinal: (25-1) Vinton County V. (21-4) Laurel

Post by smurray »

91raider97bobcat wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 1:50 pm
smurray wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 10:15 pm One google search says 13,400. So figuring in the 25% capacity limits, roughly 3,350 seats will be sold.
Split that evenly makes it 1,675 for each school.
Do OHSAA give some of those to dignitaries or just the schools playing???
OHSAA release says that at least 650 tickets per school will be available. Did not specify a maximum number.
That’s pathetic!
Who else is the tickets going to????
That’s no where near 25% capacity.

bsee12345
Varsity

Post by bsee12345 »

smurray wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 9:47 pm
smurray wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 10:15 pm One google search says 13,400. So figuring in the 25% capacity limits, roughly 3,350 seats will be sold.
OHSAA release says that at least 650 tickets per school will be available. Did not specify a maximum number.
That’s pathetic!
Well- The District Boards across the state will get tickets along with family members and the OHSAA staff get to bring family and friends- and lets not forget about the OHSAA partnerships with get a few tickets. This is how it works. This is the part of big picture people have talked about for years. Its all about the kids and school communities- RIght. Make a nice donation to the OHSAA and you can get as many tickets as you want.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

bsee12345 wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 3:25 am

That’s pathetic!
Well- The District Boards across the state will get tickets along with family members and the OHSAA staff get to bring family and friends- and lets not forget about the OHSAA partnerships with get a few tickets. This is how it works. This is the part of big picture people have talked about for years. Its all about the kids and school communities- RIght. Make a nice donation to the OHSAA and you can get as many tickets as you want.
Very very sad - oh “but at least they are getting to play” some will say. The Governor should open things up, should have a long time ago. It’s obvious most people are sick of it and going on with their lives.

Kmit
Riding the Bench

Post by Kmit »

and those donor/dignitaries just sit on their hands. I've been to lots of championship weekends and it always aggravates me that they they get the better seating. Even worse for me though is they don't add to the atmosphere by picking a team and cheering. They just sit there seemingly void of any passion for the games being played.

Pat
Varsity

Post by Pat »

Kmit wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 8:59 am and those donor/dignitaries just sit on their hands. I've been to lots of championship weekends and it always aggravates me that they they get the better seating. Even worse for me though is they don't add to the atmosphere by picking a team and cheering. They just sit there seemingly void of any passion for the games being played.
Yep, it's a joke. But there are those on here who will defend the OHSAA on this and other issues. Makes one think that maybe they are beneficiaries of some of the perks doled out by OHSAA. Of course I'm sure they'd all deny it. :lol:

Pat
Varsity

Post by Pat »

That’s pathetic!
Gotta take care of the gold old boys. Those guys work hard and deserve to get tickets and the best seats in the house. What do you expect since they aren't allowed to have their meetings in Hawii anymore. :o

shoelace
JV Team

Post by shoelace »

That’s pathetic!
Bingo to all! This was the year the OHSAA really could have done a great thing and said nope we are taking care of our schools this year and it would have been a PR boon for them but nope its the same old same! Yep there all about the kids and the schools. Just irritating and sad!

Pat
Varsity

Post by Pat »

shoelace wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:17 am

That’s pathetic!
Bingo to all! This was the year the OHSAA really could have done a great thing and said nope we are taking care of our schools this year and it would have been a PR boon for them but nope its the same old same! Yep there all about the kids and the schools. Just irritating and sad!
I bet they'll have good eats and drinks in the hospitality rooms though. Maybe they could do a raffle for a ticket to get in to some of those rooms for parents and fans. A chance for a commoner to rub elbows with those extremely important people who couldn't care less who wins the games. :o

hawkeyepierce
S

Post by hawkeyepierce »

The whole seating thing is sad...really. We hilljacks, would have put five thousand plus camo and blaze orange butts in that place and although I may have graduated from Vinton County, math is correct... 5,000 x $16.00 = $80,000. That is for one game, from one school. :roll:

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

hawkeyepierce wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 3:07 pm The whole seating thing is sad...really. We hilljacks, would have put five thousand plus camo and blaze orange butts in that place and although I may have graduated from Vinton County, math is correct... 5,000 x $16.00 = $80,000. That is for one game, from one school. :roll:
I don’t know and not looking to argue but you think 5000 people of Vinton county would be there? Is that like a 1/3 of the county? I do believe you’d have 5000 fans but you’d have a number of folks from TVC, Logan, Jackson, Wellston and other SE district folks there cheering on, as part of the 5000.

hawkeyepierce
S

Post by hawkeyepierce »

Ironman92 wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 7:12 pm
hawkeyepierce wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 3:07 pm The whole seating thing is sad...really. We hilljacks, would have put five thousand plus camo and blaze orange butts in that place and although I may have graduated from Vinton County, math is correct... 5,000 x $16.00 = $80,000. That is for one game, from one school. :roll:
I don’t know and not looking to argue but you think 5000 people of Vinton county would be there? Is that like a 1/3 of the county? I do believe you’d have 5000 fans but you’d have a number of folks from TVC, Logan, Jackson, Wellston and other SE district folks there cheering on, as part of the 5000.
Yes, I believe that there could be as many as... I based that on I know that we had 4,000 at the Convo in 2017 for the boys' regional final against Eastmoor Academy. The one thing you can say for sure about us, is that we travel extremely well. These are extraordinary circumstances, something for us hilljacks that has never have happened before, therefore, I may have taken liberties at the number, but ask Coach Combs how busy he has been answering his phone for people wanting tickets. If we were able to go, under regular circumstances, our school district would close and those students that wanted to go, would go. Again, us hilljacks, are not use to this and I am not sure how we would have handled it. But, I would like to think the Lady Vikings would be greatly supported as they have always been. Nonetheless, we will may never know.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

hawkeyepierce wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 8:33 pm
Yes, I believe that there could be as many as... I based that on I know that we had 4,000 at the Convo in 2017 for the boys' regional final against Eastmoor Academy. The one thing you can say for sure about us, is that we travel extremely well. These are extraordinary circumstances, something for us hilljacks that has never have happened before, therefore, I may have taken liberties at the number, but ask Coach Combs how busy he has been answering his phone for people wanting tickets. If we were able to go, under regular circumstances, our school district would close and those students that wanted to go, would go. Again, us hilljacks, are not use to this and I am not sure how we would have handled it. But, I would like to think the Lady Vikings would be greatly supported as they have always been. Nonetheless, we will may never know.
Just over 13k for our counties population. I believe that we would have easily send 4K to Dayton. Another 2k+ from seo. The arena has over 13k seats. I believe the indoor max is 20% capacity. So either school will be lucky to get 2k tickets.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Agree

Scenic Highway
Waterboy

Post by Scenic Highway »

This isn't just a a Vinton County issue, however I agree they would bring the entire family with them. Especially considering it's the first trip to "State" in any team sport.

Every school that's made it this far is missing out on the traditional "State" experience. I agree that OHSAA should have done better to give tickets to the schools and communities for these games.

VC93
Waterboy

Post by VC93 »

55-47 VC

Realist
Freshman Team

Post by Realist »

Is all the seating open in the arena or do they have the top of it marked off? Perhaps that's a reason for the lower ticket allotment?

hawkeyepierce
S

Post by hawkeyepierce »

They are selling tickets in "Pods." Pods of either two, three, or four tickets. From the website, you have to request a pod, and then you are given the opportunity to select your seats; therefore, no general admission. You sit in the seat you bought. There are to be vacant spaces between pods. So, that may contribute to the lack of seating; however, no one I know, as of yet, had purchased tickets in the lower bowl area, the 100 level. In fact, my tickets are in the 300 level.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

hawkeyepierce wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 3:14 pm They are selling tickets in "Pods." Pods of either two, three, or four tickets. From the website, you have to request a pod, and then you are given the opportunity to select your seats; therefore, no general admission. You sit in the seat you bought. There are to be vacant spaces between pods. So, that may contribute to the lack of seating; however, no one I know, as of yet, had purchased tickets in the lower bowl area, the 100 level. In fact, my tickets are in the 300 level.
I’m in the 400 level. Not as high on the priority list as Hawkeye. Haha

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Go VC

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
LeftHanded
Freshman Team

Post by LeftHanded »

Dundas wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 10:07 pm
hawkeyepierce wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 3:14 pm They are selling tickets in "Pods." Pods of either two, three, or four tickets. From the website, you have to request a pod, and then you are given the opportunity to select your seats; therefore, no general admission. You sit in the seat you bought. There are to be vacant spaces between pods. So, that may contribute to the lack of seating; however, no one I know, as of yet, had purchased tickets in the lower bowl area, the 100 level. In fact, my tickets are in the 300 level.
I’m in the 400 level. Not as high on the priority list as Hawkeye. Haha
I (somehow) got one in the 200s, but still haven't heard of anybody in 100 level. As long as I'm allowed in the gym, I'll sit in the rafters. Haha

Return to “Girls Basketball”